Posts by Locrain

Where, exactly?

All over the forum just a while after the Stages stated shipping? It's been pretty common. It's understandable that they may have to make some adjustments in the manufacturing process, building things people get drunk and stomp on has got to be difficult.

To be fair, your issue is with Thomann, not Kemper. Just because Thomann, a third-party reseller, was running a discount on the product, doesn’t mean that Kemper are obliged to do the same. Yes, you had a very unlucky experience with Thomann and the Stage, but that can happen to anybody purchasing any piece of gear from a giant retailer overseas and shouldn’t have any bearing on the manufacturer’s own retail service and practice. Sure, you getting two defective units in a row reflects badly on the build quality and quality control at Kemper, but after the first unit was a defect, Thomann really should have checked the replacement before sending it out.
    I feel sorry for you, I do, but your anger towards Kemper for anything other than shoddy build quality/quality control is misplaced.

I do not agree. Kemper is selling the units to Thomann at a low-enough price that they can then put it on sale and still make money. Kemper has no obligation no, but it would have been the right thing to do, and they would have made more money than if he buys another from Thomann. If even one person reads this and does not buy a Kemper because they also agree, then it was very foolish of Kemper to not work with the customer.

Agreed, Brother Ash. <3

To me Ivan's the Mojo Guy™. IMHO his Profiles are less-sterile / more-organic-sounding / have more mojo than the vast majority of vendors, and I often give him the credit he thoroughly deserves for this. 8)

I really agree Nicky, there is one other here certainly who I put in the same league, he and Ivan are in a different class than almost everyone else in the game.

I've been using your Herbie pack live lately Cili. It is wonderful. Thank you for all you've contributed to this community.

Edit: Before you ask Nicky, yes I do have the JVM pack. And it is amazing. :D

True.For sure they have other priorities.But these priorities are not "for them" but what @CK believes are more useful and important for his customers..strange enough that some of his customers can't see this.

In any case Kemper did very well acknowledged that now with all the new features an editor is useful and for this reason it will come soon.Right now it is a priority.No doubt.

I'm not going to try to parse that first half out. I don't mean to be rude, maybe there is a language barrier here, but it is nonsense in English.

For the second part, let's go play- by-play:

"In any case Kemper did very well acknowledged that now with all the new features an editor is useful"

Unless by "new features" you mean bending down to the floor, I'm a little unsure as to what new features you're talking about that would have convinced Kemper to finally acknowledge that playing a little catch up in an area in which they have been getting their ass handed to them for years is..."useful"? That's mighty big of them.

"Right now it is a priority."

Not in the sense that a corporate board would consider it a priority, no it isn't. Do you think there's a tech company stateside who would let this go so long past announcement without firing every single person in the chain of command?

But CK runs this show, and that's fine and it often means things will take a while. I'm perfectly happy for whenever the Editor does or does not drop. But why do so many people here insist that Kemper is making a lateral play, when it's clearly a fumble???

I don't need an editor. I have ToastMe. I don't use that. The bass knob takes up 90% of my fiddling with the unit, I'm not a tweaker. Kemper owed us nothing. But they had to release the Stage, I get it, but to release it with no editor was a terribly bad decision from a PR standpoint.

K, I'll be back next month. Ya'll be good.

Lol... Anyone else see the irony of the mis-edited quote in 7string's post up there?

For anyone who thinks Software Development is easy- I'd love to see what you can do. Hell, assemble a team if you want. Make it even bigger than the Software team at Kemper too.

Give them some slack. This isn't easy.

I do agree with you, and don't really care when the Editor comes, and you're right, it isn't easy. Seeing as I'm as likely as likely to assemble a large Software Dev team as you are to be posting from the moon tomorrow, I'm not really sure that's relevant. In fact, I am sure that is not.

This isn't easy, but it's also nothing special or extraordinary, Kemper has a history of unfulfilled release dates and they are just playing catchup with everyone else now. This one of the problems of expecting things from a company that has one owner, or is smaller and private; there are no hard deadlines. They aren't exactly cooking rocket science in there...this is 100% a top-town mgmt issue. And I say, who cares (except for the Stage guys, they are being slightly shafted by now)

If the editor was a true priority financially or otherwise, it would take not nearly as much time, and it would be done. I mean Damien did it in his free time through MIDI...but I don't blame them for not hiring it all out. I have a Kemper, a digital amp that I bought about 2 years ago, it's worth as least as much now as it was then, and had barely lost resale before I bought it. I don't have another digital device, let along a digital amp, that I can say the same for. So I am a very happy customer, and the only thing I deserve from them is to be treated fairly if a support issue ever arrises, and it seems clear the they are good with that. So I am set, everything else is gravy.

Sure. Or is there a cut & Paste way through the librarian for example?

I don't think there's a cut and paste anything, I don't think Neural has decided to share their IP with Kemper users...for free. I guess it can be profiled. I dunno. I haven't made a profile yet, and this won't be my first. I have Plini and love it.

Neural stuff is really good, priced pretty well, and their Black Friday sale is soon, should be solid discounts.

I'd buy it dude. I love my KPA, but amp sims have come a long way in the last year or so. Putney, Nolly, Benson, etc.

And I know reamping with the Kemper is easy. It's one of the things that attracted me to it. But you haven't had an easy re-amp until you do it ITB. No cables, no settings, nothing. Just get a good DI and start clicking away.

Someday I'll mix from my lazy boy...some day.

There is a great feature of ToastMe as you can lock the “cab” only and then you try other profiles. Hopefully this or a different approach that allows easy changes of IR is going to be in the editor Locrain is right that it’s large part of the tone.

Interesting...is this different than locking the cab block on the KPA? Like it keeps the same ir, but allows the other settings in the cab block to change?

The cab/speakers is ~75%+ of your tone. Definitely pay attention to profiles you really like, and try that cab out on other profiles. Tone Nirvana awaits...