Posts by Locrain

Yeah, to my ears the JVM doesn't suffer from that "scratchiness" at all. Great amp IMHO, and one of my fave Marshalls. Just a tad noisy, but Kemper Profiles take care of that!

The guitarists I referred to were using mostly SD Hot Rails back then on their Strats, so your choice of PU could well have been responsible for the "huge" difference between what you and I heard, Shawn.

My friend with the JVM is the one who talked me into buying a KPA. He was blown away by the JVM profies on the Kemper, and he's a pretty picky guy, so that was good enough for me. :D

I want to thank everyone who assisted me with this issue. Although I have tried several different spots to set up the Kemper, I have always experienced this crackle and hiss. Several of you pointed in the direction of electromagnetic interference being the culprit. This afternoon, I simply played 7ft away from the Kemper in a standing position opposed to three feet away in a sitting position and I can't hear that noise at all. In fact, I've been able to reduce my global noise gate significantly. I've dealt with this issue since I've bought the Kemper is April, so to finally have a fix is awesome. I can even "juice" my guitar. I have some additional questions, but to a new thread for that. Till next time. :thumbup:

Glad you figured it out, and thank you for updating, it'll sure help folks who might run across this thread in a search for a fix to a similar issue.

I know it's probably not feasible with the current hardware, and might require the ability to have two amp stacks, but being able to put stereo delay in an FX Loop in front of the amp stack, and maintain that stereo image would be huge.

I've always found delay to be pretty nasty when placed in front. Is that what you're going for, or was I doing it wrong? :D

Sucks that your stuff was uploaded without your permission. I would normally say though, that having a few of your really good profiles for free (RE or otherwise) just makes good business sense. In your case. I can understand a little, not wanting to do that, since you sell single profiles...but still probably a good idea. Of course, it's not right for anyone to have done that without your permission.

Anyway, I just got the PRS pack, sounds good so far! I do like your business model of making small or single sets of high-quality profiles for not a lot of money. Make it easy to justify the purchase! :D

Depending on what you mean by crunch, the Tweed pack by Live Ready Sound might be just what you're looking for. Or you could get his BE-100/Baked Chicken pack (almost 300 profiles for $25, 35% sale still ongoing), and be able to cover any style of music, with more types of crunch than you can throw a stick at.

I meant reverbs, sorry.

Well yeah...but they're done. The point is that both small and large changes should be able to be handled simultaneously,

That said, I'm very happy with how Kemper handles the updates...pretty awesome that they are still fully supporting the product, with no signs of slowing down soon. Can't beat that.

No, I use a TC G2 though the Kemper's effects loop, I just don't think the Kemper's tuner is exact enough .The Helix is better.
    A 'metronome?' Use the one on your DAW. Stop wishing the Kemper to be a 'Swiss army knife unit'. It does what its creator intended it to do, amazingly well. Don't dumb it down to pacify everyone.

Well, this is just silly. A DAW doesn't come with the KPA, ya know? Not everyone uses one. Not everyone has one. I doubt the majority of Kemper users use a DAW regularly. And even if they did...so what?

You could say the same for the tuner, but it would be just as damn silly as what you're saying now. I've never had an amp with a built-in strobe tuner, a transpose feature, or any other other amazing features of the KPA...it is a "Swiss army knife unit" already, what the heck are you on about??? :D

A metronome would be very useful for those (of which there are obviously many) who use the KPA as an all-in-one solution for all things guitar. And if enough people request it, it makes sense for Kemper to incorporate it. Out of all the stuff you can do with the KPA, a metronome is a bridge too far for you...? I don't get it.

I think you're the one trying to dumb it down here...

It's been a huge relief coming from Fractal. I love Axe FX as well, but it's really nice to be able to load up profiles that I KNOW sound real right off the bat - a reference point that's hard to find otherwise. Neither sounds definitively better than the other, but the Axe went straight into my studio only rack as soon as I got to playing with the kemper :P . I still overtweak every possible thing, but the kemper keeps me centered. It's just so friggin easy to get awesome sounds out of!

For the record - I reamped the same di on a modified bulb rythm patch on the axe II, and it had the same undertones - so I think it's safe to say they belong there. I think my more recent kemper rigs have just brought it out more as I focus on clarity and midrange with less gain to cover it up.

Good to hear. Sometimes we overthink shit. Doesn't mean it's not there. But for me, most of the time, I realize it those frequencies should be there, like you seem to be coming to grips with. It's a tough thing, and we're just talking about tone, it's not like it's really all that important. :D

But it feels pretty good when we get it right. And it sounds like you're mostly happy with the KPA, but sometimes things throw you off. I do get that. Honestly, I have found unexpected solace in the digital nature of the KPA...if something sounds off, I am more likely to suspect the guitar, or the strings, or the humidity, or...the player. :D
    Cause it's all just 1s and 0s. And most of the time it's damn good, so I will trust the rest.

My 2¢.

Appreciate your input - I have a huge tendency to overanalyze things like this! I'll probably shoot it through the axefx too just for the sake of my mental health :)

Please believe me - I really do understand what you're talking about.

And honestly, as absolutely cheesy as it sounds, the KPA has been a really good thing for my mental health. Not kidding! It has been a very good experience for me. I can think, and think, and think, and think a situation over and over and over in my head. And still not know. Somehow, this forum/the KPA itself has been kind of a stronghold. Because we all hear "the same thing" (much more than we would if we were all sold the same tube amp), but sometimes we don't like what we hear. And this forums is a great place to bounce those things off of. I love this forum, and I love the people on it...so helpful, so engaging, it's a real pleasure to be a part of.

Yes, to be fair, I am panning hard L+R...but it's not that different mono, I can show you...

Edit right hurr:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow...that sounds really weird to me.

This is what "LL - 90s Finest" sounds like on my end:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit: I definitely hear what you hear on the first profile. Lots and lots of fizz. The LL track isn't as bad, but is still off to me. What guitar/pickups are you using?

Edit: Just saw the DI. I'm still new at re-amping, but I'll stick it in and see what comes out. :D

Edit 2: I just listened to your 90s Finest clip a few times...and I think it's OK...depending on what you want out of it...but i can't really hear a lot of "DI bleed", as you describe it. It is a little fizzy for me, but that can be explained other ways...

Hmm... food for thought; thank you Arne.

Experience here suggests 'though that if there's no answer, it's possible, given that if it'll never be possible the team would know it'd be safe to say so 'cause its "word" could not be broken.

Oh man Nicky, that's a hell of a rabbit-hole to jump into. I had to re-read that about 5-6 times (it's the beer). I definitely understand and agree with what you're saying...and you think just how I do, hahaha.

I have this pack as well. From my memory, you're correct, in that the Direct profiles have no cab block. But that's where you lose me, because you DO need to use these with either a kemper cab block, an IR loader, or a real cabinet. I'm not sure what I'm missing here...but when I get home, I'll go into Rig Manager and check them out, and see if I can see what you're talking about. Maybe my memory is wrong.

It is a good pack, kind of unique in it's own way (if I'm thinking of the right pack, I get some of the STL ones confused).