Posts by Locrain

I've felt that the Kemper occasionally leaves 5% of the tone behind. It could be a slight difference in tone or fatness (more or less) or maybe a lack of room ambience or air that you get with the "real" amp. Maybe it doesn't react exactly the same to outboard effects; it could be a number of things that account for the difference.

Ultimately, in the real world of live performance or studio recording, 5% means nothing to me. The Kemper is much more consistent and predictable.

This is perfectly said. It's an easy trade-off for me. I've had some really nice tube amps, I've been very lucky. But to my ear, the KPA is at least 95% of the way there.

And that 5% is nothing compared to compromises made by things like not perfectly matching the EQ to the room, being too loud and ruining a good mix, knocking a knob accidentally, playing like shite, or any number of other things that can happen with a tube amp or a KPA (well, usually not the too loud on stage part) to ruin your tone day.

If that 5% is there...it's just not that important to me. I'm not sure that I can hear it anyway. And if I close my eyes, I can have any amp in the world. :D

I don't think you own anyone anyone any apologies, haha. How can you not love this guy???

I picked the first profile I saw from the update, M30 OX6. Didn't change anything except add some light compression/limiting. Also some really killer punch-ins, by yours truely. It'd probably help to be playing along with the track before the punch-in starts.... :D

https://soundcloud.com/user218712932/send-the-pain

P.S. How do you guys do that fancy embed thing on here? When I go to the embed section of Soundcloud, I just get this block of Wordpress code I don't seem to be able to do anything with here. ?(

I’ve read some insane stuff over the years about “how they made” records that I made.

It’s often not even CLOSE to right, especially if it’s the artiste interviewed.

I would love to hear (generic, unidentifying) examples. That sounds really entertaining

I'll understand if you can't though. :D

No. I rarely take a DI.
    Bass guitar sounds better through and amp, just like guitars do. And also dep being in the type of bass drum sound you’re going for, it usually blends better as well.

The exception is highly electronic music where the bass drum is a machine as well and has a super CLOSE quality that marries better with DI bass guitar.

Makes sense that a lot of "modern" producers would be using this approach then. EDM is still insanely huge.

Huh, I was listening to the AX8 clip, and thought it was really good, and I would probably prefer it (given that it's a bit of an unfair comparison for the Kemper). And it seems like more here do. But I think I liked the Kemper better, for the same reasons as listed above, and I think it will sit better in a mix. But the AX8 has a real nice snappy bottom end to it. Both are great.

You know you can profile your AX8?

I prefer the Kemper in this case, it sounds more like an actual amp to me and less of that DI/Sim slightly fizzy sound. However I'm sure you could bring it more into line with the AX8 version if you prefer that with a more aggressive mid-scoop, possibly with an EQ in the X slot.

It has to be said that the AX8 is a more "modern" sound, perhaps because people have come to use sims a great deal more in heavy rock ever since Tool, and to me this exemplifies that particular set of tonal characteristics. It's aggressive, very forward and much easier to mix with as there's less competing with the vocals or other mids instruments.

That's interesting, I did not know that Tool was an early adapter to sims. That's pretty cool.

That's too bad man. Never called for.

OT: I am really not that familiar with the specific chorus types we're talking about here. There is something I don't like about a regular chorus, maybe I would like one of these. Would anyone recommend a song or two that really shows the characteristics of each?

I think anyone who has been in a studio, and has used a Kemper, understands that writing down some preset settings would be very easy to do in a very short amount of time. To say otherwise is hilarious. If you were REALLY busy, you have to find the time, which would mean it's a priority...and clearly this is not.

Usually on the internet, when these kind of claims are made and then repeatedly not supported, even after many commitments to do so, the person is not being forthright, and usually just attention seeking. Maybe you're being 100% honest. If so, you should be able to see how this reads like a tale as old as the internet...or middle school.

Your posts are kind of strange. No big deal. But someone suggesting (pretty respectfully imo, he didn't even judge, we all lie) that you may not have told the whole truth, is hardly grounds to get upset enough to threaten them with physical harm if they have the misfortune to cross your path...and I can't even see what the mod deleted! Take a chill pill dude, we like it easy-going here.

Edit: I see a small chill pill has been administered by the mods.

Ok...that was fun. :D
    Thanks for that little trip down memory lane...
    The pack is great so far, I still need to put more some time in with it.
    But it's solid! Cleans are almost surprisingly so.

I started with a Scarlet 2i2 and Reaper. Reaper is great because you can download and install a full functioning version and try before you buy - honor system. They have a user forum too. I honestly had a hard time with garage band utilizing my drum machine software and that drove me to Reaper.

Honestly, I had a hard time with the drum machine software too. :cursing:

Reaper was the easiest out of it all to learn in terms of the base functionality, but I only use it for laying down ideas, and never did any real production with it.

Yes, I think that Garageband may be more limiting in the long run. I started on a very simple 'DAW-Lite" program, and stuck with it for years because it was easy and worked for demos for my bandmates to work off of. I am just now learning the ins and outs of a real DAW, and I wish I had done it a long time before. Garageband is a great user friendly surprisingly powerful recording tool, but Reaper is the real deal, it'll do whatever you need.

Hi and thanks for help @mickey and @Locrain

i want to record with the Kemper a DI Signal for later reamp it, perhaps.
    So i cant with the Torpedo record a DI Signal
    So the SPDIF one is my DI Signal so i cant use it for the 6505 or mickey?

Thanks

You can create a DI track for reamping very easily with the Kemper, no need for any DI box or amp or anything. There are two ways that I know how to do it. If your interface has S/PDIF connections, you can set the S/PDIF output to Git+Studio (under output settings), that will send a loud unprocessed di signal.

Or, you can use the Direct Out on the back of the kemper, and pulg it into one of the inputs of your interface.

Lots of info here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…p-by-Step-Reamping-Guide/

For about 20 years my fingers have bled and been cut at / after every single gig I've played.

I discovered about 6 weeks ago that I have nickle allergy so now I use Ernie Ball Stainless Steel Slinky.I haven't had a problem since I started using them.I used EB regular and hybrid Slinkys before that.

That's pretty hardcore man. :thumbup: I would have given up long ago.

Glad it doesn't happen anymore though!!!

@Locrain What about "just" doing direct profiles of your Triamp? All channels! ;)

It will be loud as hell, but it is done rather fast and you don't have to move mics... Cause the “Tokyo Pack" has merged profiles, you can than use the cabs with the direct profiles and get authentic results.

That's a really good idea, thanks.

Loud is fine, no neighbors, just need earplugs. Can I do it outside? :D