Posts by jonathanthomas83

OK, I can see how that would be a big help. To get maximum benefit the improvements should be useful both on the KPA and in RM. In RM we definitely need the ability to type in a value for many parameters. However, there is no easy way to do this on the KPA. Your suggestion would seem like a good way of achieving this directly on the KPA :thumbup:

I agree, would be a pretty standard feature on a GUI to be able to type values...there's endless frustration when trying to get dead on and the control not able to get granular enough to pinpoint the correct digit.

I'm all for the minutiae of being able to do pin point tempo to the decimal point, but it's a mundane task when I regularly flick between 150bpm and 120 bpm for my rig tests. Especially when the knob sometimes plays games with the tempo increments, as I'm sure we've all experienced...you go too far, or too short.

So looking at the Rig settings page for Tempo, there's room on there for a hot button that would change the current knob behaviour to allow the user to scroll through the tempo range in 10bpm increments (or even 1bpm increments would help...or even allow both!) instead of 0.1bpm increments.

I for one, due to pure OCD, never use a 137.6bpm setting. It'd always be 130bpm or 140bpm. Anything in between, I assume, would be tapped in.

The ability to flick betwen tempos in 10bpm increments would save me a huge amount of time. And yes, I know this is solved with Performances, but that's not the point I'm making...if that's an argument, why do we have the rig tempo settings page?

Also, a 'favourite tempos', would be nice, to cycle through only the 3 or four tempos I regularly use.

Not a deal breaker, but it would be a nice touch, I think.

Perfect!

Main Manual:

Assignments without Remote

If your PROFILER Remote is not connected, or if your stage is so huge that your PROFILER is miles away from the Remote, you will not be able to reach both at the same time. In this case, enter the Remote Effect Buttons page in Rig Settings, hold one of the four soft buttons, and press one or more effect module buttons to complete the assignment.

Thank you, I really appreciate that!

If you had an assignment and later cleared that effect module (empty), the assignment might still rest there. As there is currently no effect in that module, the LEDs are dark. But the assignment is still there and occupies the first space.

You can check the current assignments on the last page of Rig Settings. And you can also clear assignments on that page.-

Wow! That was it. I had absolutely no idea that was a thing. Out of curiosity, the "clear" soft button changes to "assign", how do I use that button because when I press it, nothing happens.

Thank you, burkard, that's helped and fixed my issue! Perfect!

In Performance mode, I can't get the left LED to light up when I assign both Delay and Reverb to any of the Remote FX footswitches. Bizarelly, for three of the Performance slots, it works fine and as expected, but for slot 5 & 6, I can only get one LED to light up. The Delay and Reverb successfully engage and bypass when I press the switch, but only one LED lights up. Weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated, no doubt it's a user error.

Spdif or analog it doesn't matter. Both give equal result.

I'd absolutely love to know the science behind this. My ears disagree. Could be the quality of the converters in my interface. But I definitely prefer the sound of SPDIF from the Kemper than the analog outs.

you can use the "Git/processing" or "Git/Studio" output source with the monitor output to send a DI signal to your DAW or use the "Git/Master Mono" or "Git/Stack" output source for the SPDIF output when recording your take.

My humble apologies. That was a complete misunderstanding on my part of the term "processing". I wrongly assumed this included the Kemper's processing of the signal...including the stack etc.

Next time I'll RTFM! Apologies all and thanks Kemper Support #1 !!!!

I should have known that there's very little that can't be achieved with the Kemper...I really love this thing (despite my somewhat negative sounding thread posts above!

Kemper Support #1 for recording with the view of preserving a good signal for potential reamping, which of the two you mentioned 'Git+processing' or 'Git studio' is preferred/better?

This conversation is a bit mental. Is it not obvious to people, presumably intelligent people who can work a fairly complex piece of kit like the Kemper, that the JCM 900 would be better suited to certain styles of music in preference to a Plexi? So therefore stands to reason that, for some, it would be their amp of choice over a Plexi. Or am I missing the joke?

I do understand CK's reluctance to have a touch screen on a product. I too resisted this urge for years and years. The problem is that it has become the standard of the industry for any "smart" device of any kind to have a capacitive-touch touch screen (color). IMO this is the single biggest change that the product line needs.

I really hope we don't get a touch screen. A touch screen belongs in my hands because every touch screen I've tried that isn't on my phone feels clunky and horrible. I must be in the minority who actually thinks that the Kemper UI is well thought out and very good. And as a UX designer, perhaps I should be worried!

Which Ampeg profile was it you were looking for? I don't see any factory bass Ampegs in the reference list that aren't named "Amp pig". I've went through gobs of guitar profiles but the very first bass profile I ever tried is still the best one I've tried. It's an SVT that came in my Kemper, I can't recall the name but I know there wasn't "Amp pig" in the name. I filtered bass in the reference list and all of the Ampegs read that. I'm sure mine was a factory rig but I didn't find it on this list filtering bass.

Same as me and stuck with it after I stumbled across it, it's likely the Amp Pig by TAF. My memory of the name failed me but the memory of the tone I got when I tried it, did not!

Is there a list of profiles that have come as stock on the Profiler of over the years? Do they still include all of them on the profiler for new units sold, or do they replace them?

I'm looking for a specific Ampeg bass profile I used in 2018 but the only profile I can see on my new 2021 Profiler is Uwe Bossert's 'Amp Pig Bass', I feel like I'd remember that one if I used it. Which leads me to believe that I might have used a 3rd party profile for it, which is annoying because I'll never figure out which!

Be really handy to know what profiles came as stock in 2018. Many thanks

Sorry they didn't hit for you the same way mate. Guess it's just down to personal preference for each of us. My main thing with any base profile is a clarity n presence from the off then I feel I have a solid base to work from. I find with a lot of profiles I need to tinker quite a bit with the low n high cut on the cab distortion sense and definition etc, to get to where I want, get rid of some wooly ness or "remove the blanket" as some describe it. It's what works to my ears with my guitars. With these I will still go in and refine a little for preference and for a mix but the base tone was pretty close from the off for me on a surprising number from this pack. As I say no right or wrong just different flavours for different folks.

Sorry man, I am very grateful for the recommendation and I can definitely see why you recommended them, they sound great, just unfortunate that it's not the kind of tone I'm used to with regards to the euipment used. That post was more a plea for profilers to be more detailed on their websites and for sale pages. :-)

You're absolutely right that I can try a bit of tweaking, which I will :-) Thanks again