Posts by jonathanthomas83

The function "Freeze" is a switching function - on/off, no continuous controller. If you connect an expression pedal to the Remote and "misconfigure" it as Mono Switch and assign "Freeze" to it (might still appear as "Hold" in the menu) you can somehow switch on/off with the pedal, but the function is latching. Not really practical.

This is kind of what I need. I just find it a bit nicer to roll a pedal to initiate the hold instead of a switch which just seems a bit alien to me. This is how I used to set up my Axe FX, dare I say it, and it just works, IMO. I understand that it's contrary to the way pedals like the Superego and EHX Freeze work (with switches).

If you intend to control the same effect like "Freeze" continuously via pedal, I would configure the pedal as Morph Pedal, morph the Mix of the delay down to 0% (while option "Mix: Pre" is selected) and at the same time morph Feedback up to 100%.

This will create a different kind of effect, but I'd be interested to try it. Thanks!

Cool! Real shred machines. Post some pics when it's in your hands.

Got my new guitar!!!

Been waiting since January for this one to arrive from Japan and I couldn't be happier. It's my first proper floyd equipped beast and it sounds and looks incredible.

Bit of a story behind this one, in that my mate met the owner of Caparison, who some of you may/may not know is also the owner of Cranes music stores in South Wales. So I managed to get one piece of a very limited run of Horus guitars in this now discontinued colour and finish. I've spent over two years looking for one with a 'Black Rose' finish as the one I had my eye on sold before I had chance to buy it. Needless to say, I'm absolutely extatic that the gentlemen at Caparison helped this become a reality for me.

I've written about it all on my blog for anyone interested - specs and more photos on there too...
    https://medium.com/fretboard/n…evive-series-a1842c670dff

[Blocked Image: https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*xUtu4SurqDJYFBUWOSKEZQ.jpeg]

Mate, there's DEFINITELY something wrong. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't sound good. If CK thinks it sounds good then great, but I wouldn't be happy if my Kemper sounded like that.

Thankfully it doesn't.

Please let us help you or sell up and go the route you've been talking about as Ive a sneaky suspicion you won't be 100% happy until you do. Good luck!

I too have better results with the Kemper (and Axe FX before this) than I ever did with my Mesa Dual Rec, Reeves Custom 50, Laney Lionheart into a Suhr Reactive Load and Torpedo CAB.

The Kemper wins hands down, every time, IMO. For many reasons.

There's something wrong with your clips mate. Try a different Kemper or a different Les Paul.

Do you want me to send you a clip of me playing Les Paul? What profile are you using?

Steady on fellas, you've got to understand that not everyone wants to put themselves out there. I know and you know that no ridicule awaits, but he may have his own reasons for not posting clips. Let's play fair and understand that everyone's different.

That said. I wholeheartedly agree that nothing can be solved without a clip...so @Terence T has to appreciate that fact and use it to make his own decisions - I'd urge him not to be shy though! He certainly doesn't need anyone having a go. Let's not turn into the Fractal forum :)

Peace!

Not very helpful but I have no issues getting some incredible tones with my Les Paul.

I play primarily high gain stuff but dabble with some lower gain drive with the Choptones and TopJimi profiles. They sound fantastic. In Rig Manager order the profiles by gain and select the gain level you want then experiment with a few at that gain range. You may need to spend money on profiles and experiment.

What monitors do you use?

I personally don't get on with MBritt profiles but appreciate I'm in the minority with that.

After deliberating about whether or not I could get close to the Custom Shop experience with a less expensive model - a question I asked on a few forums a week or so back - I decided that I would take the plunge on a Fender Custom Shop and I'm glad I did too, it's an amazing, amazing guitar!

A few people convinced me that buying something I liked straight off the shelf would be a worthwhile thing to do given the wait and relative risk
    involved in ordering your first custom instrument so I foudn a good spec I liked and bought fairly local.

Considering this is the most I'd ever spent on a guitar I'm over the moon with it and have written some thoughts about how I think it compares to my old Suhr and why I sold the Suhr on and bought this one, which you may/may not be interested to read - there's some specs and also a few nice pics in there too of the new one and the old one!

https://medium.com/fretboard/n…stratocaster-44019c0c4f4f

Thanks all!

[Blocked Image: https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/2000/1*V0mzKH5jPL5x95REGxP3NA.jpeg]

Yeah, I have no idea either, though the previous owner was telling me got bored of black guitars haha. That's awesome, what model Caparison are you getting? Dellinger? A friend owns one, awesome guitar

Same as you, mate. But it's a regular Horus (M-3) for regular string guage. So excited! :)