Posts by jonathanthomas83

I recently got rid of most of my pedals. I only kept a few that I can't quite replicate on the kemper. I had good luck running clean boost, distortion, fuzz & talkbox in front of KPA. The pedals I still run are in the loop and controlled by midi by the KPA and a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander. KPA makes this really cool with the ability to put the loop where you need it per rig.

That's perfect, exactly what I need. Thanks @ampoholic, is it easy to program the Decibel Eleven and use the Kemper/Kemper controller to change presets on it?

Same as you, I'm only using extra drive pedals because I've yet to find a convincing profile of any of them...a Klone, Tube Driver clone and a Muff.

Respectfully If one is thinking/commenting without partiality then they are scientifically, potentially with the right operator, absolutely sonically equal.

IF one has the talent to dial the Helix it is equal. I've conducted my own tests scientifia lly and my god.. there are enough blind tests on the web where no discernable difference is heard.

What makes you think I'm commenting without partiality?

I've owned all three units and none of them sound as good as the Kemper. And I'm confident in saying that I'm fairly adept at programming a good sounding patch.

I recently acquired my three favourite drive pedals after selling them last year (they were a bit redundant with my old Axe FX), but the beauty of the Kemper just means they sound perfect with it.

So am wondering how you guys set up your pedals with it? I know the various ways I can do it, but am more specifically wondering if anyone is using Midi from the Kemper to control pedals via some sort of midi switcher? to integrate different pedals in different presets? Is this possible?

If admins don't mind, it'd be cool to see some examples of Kemper/Pedals pedalboards too if people think it'd be fun to share (and there's not an already dedicated thread for this stuff).

Cheers,
    JT

They are all sonically equal if you know what you're doing.

Respectfully disagree with this. Yes, the differences may not amount to much to those who can't discern it or don't want to, but the differences are there.

I think this is especially so with the Helix, in particular.

@flyingheelhook Haha, absolutely. I'm sure there'll be things that will become annoying.

I guess I'm saying that, given the alternatives, Kemper really is better than what I ever expected it to be and cannot understand why it's not been more widely adopted - in the same way the Helix and Fractal stuff seems to have been. Though I'm sure form factor (floor units) may have a part to play in that.

Trust me, the experience is already subpar on the unit when you get past common EQ tweaks and the likes. There are plenty of comments in this very thread, as well as others, about it which is why people are asking for a computer editor. If anything, the editor should expand on the experience. You’ll still be able to do what you can currently do on the unit itself. I don’t see why that would change.

Maybe I'm not going deep enough then. Nothing's perfect, I know. I guess I'm slightly biased because I came from Axe FX where the UI is incredibly bad. Be interested to see what users struggle with, then I'll be able to empathise.

Well, of course you don’t want a Kemper 2. You just got one :-P.

Like I said before, don’t want/need a Kemper 2? Don’t buy it! Don’t need a software editor? Don’t use it!

With all due respect, of course :)

Absolutely :)

I think the issue may arise when/if said editor happens and Kemper rely heavily on the editor which, in turn, could lead to a sub-par experience on the actual unit. All theoretical, of course, but I'd hate for that to happen.

Just wanted to add my 2 pence (UK). I've watched this thread since becoming a new Kemper owner only 3 weeks ago.

Honestly, there's nothing I expect from Kemper 2. In fact I don't want a Kemper 2, this one is great.

Also, I feel quite strongly about the PC editor thing, the absolute last thing I want to do is go back to editing on my PC screen after spending 12 months doing that with my old Axe FX, I've found the Kemper to be totally liberating in this regard.

If I was pushed to recommend some improvements, it'd be in the reverb section but I think everyone says that. A dedicated freeze/Superego function. And a second profile for drive pedals or another amp - or maybe just improve the drive algorithms (I'll admit, I've not quite got used to them yet, so may be missing something). But all of those, I can happily live without and wanted to thank the people who made this thing for me to love and enjoy. Best purchase I've ever made - the sheer tones I can get now are the absolute pinnacle for me, the best I've ever had. Thank you!

Earlier this year I saw this video Rhett Shull made on getting the a Kemper Gilmore. He's also got a dropbox link in the description section so you can grab up the profile for free. I think it may be up your ally:)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you, mate. I'll check it out!

Sorry for bringing up an old post...can the infinity or hold parameters be controlled with an expression pedal? I'd like to turn it on with my mission EP-1.

When it comes to that classic David Gilmour Hiwatt Custom 100 sound, nothing beats his very own amp that had been profiled by Andy (TAF), including a Fane speaker loaded cab.
    Don't judge by the demo track! It's a small investment and you'll be very surprised how much of a difference it makes to other Hiwatt Custom 100 profiles out there. ;)

Absolutely, I have that amp, but am not convinced by the muff sounds or drive sounds.

I'll check that out, thank you!