Posts by markworley

I don't mean to hijack the thread... I'm a latecomer to the Kemper party. Kemper users talk about the Michael Britt and Bert Meulendijck profiles. I did some quick research, and decided to purchase the BM Full Pack. Wow! Amazing tones. The thing I like about them is how well they sit in the mix. They sound great on their own, but really sit well in a mix. The Acoustic Profile Pack is amazing! I love the LR Baggs Anthem pickup on my Martin, and BM's acoustic profiles really add some depth and sparkle to my acoustic.
    The Friedman pack is incredible! What I like about it is that the profiles are not overly gainey. Great crunch and lead tones.

Keep up the good work Bert!

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find some relatively short balanced XLR to TRS cables. Should give the best quality.

I've just bought a Dynacord AXM 12a FRFR powered speaker for live playing. I'll use a single XLR to connect that. I might even be tempted to grab a second at some stage for stereo! I'll also make sure that all the Kemper Output settings are correct.

Thanks again.

Hi Folks,

I've had my Kemper unpowered rack for a few weeks, and I'm just wanting to make sure I'm connecting it to my studio monitors correctly. I gather I should be using the L and R main TS outs (my monitors don't have XLR inputs). So far so good. I'm wondering if I should be using any particular kind of cables for these two connections? i.e. guitar cables or speaker cables?

My monitors are Fluid Audio C5s. On these monitors the L and R inputs are labelled as TRS

Thanks for your patience!

Mark

Thanks guys :)

I'll be asking a few questions. Currently I've just got some cheap headphones connected to the Kemper and it's already sounds amazing! I'll now be looking for some half-decent studio monitors and a live rig. I would be interested in some suggestions for some monitors that would work well with the Kemper. Not intending to do anything in the way or recording/mixing. Just want something that will allow me to tweak rigs for live performance.

I hear that the Yamaha DXR10s and the HeadRush FRFR-108 are both considered good for the money, for live performance.

Thanks again!

Hi Everyone,

Just got my Kemper Rack. Loving the tones through the headphones. I purchased a lot of profiles before getting the Kemper and am learning how to connect up Rig Manager etc.

I now have to work out how to connect my studio monitors (entry level but OK) to the Kemper.

No doubt I'll be asking questions soon.

Mark :)