Posts by Yzman82

glad you got it working but confused about what was actually causing the problem.

I have no idea but it hasn’t happened since which is good. The problem with the hum still persists though. I tried a Friedman Be-od through the mesa effects return with the same cables and guitar and the hum is not present. Ground lift on the Kemper Monitor out had no effect either. Any thoughts on what may be causing this ?

Sorry that is what I meant, the Monitor volume linked to the master volume. I have it working now, although I didn’t change anything other than rebooting the Kemper. Tried the ground lift with no luck. I did plug the Kemper into the main input of the Mesa with no hum so the hum must be from the effects loop on the mesa.

I am using the mesa’s power amp to drive my 4x12 using the Kemper as the preamp (using effects return input). It is common practice and even mentioned in the Kemper manual. I have a frfr speaker and a bam200 I run through a 4x12. Wanted to try the Kemper with a tube power amp. The Kemper master volume actually worked tonight for some strange reason with no changes in settings or equipment made. To be honest this was the best my Kemper ever sounded as I couldn’t care less about accurately reproducing a specific amp as I know a tube power section will color the tone, I just want good tone. The Mesa power section did not disappoint and I am glad I tried it.

Recently tried to connect my Kemper monitor out into my Mesa Recto-verb 25 effects return. I have Kemper set to “cab-off” on monitor out and have the master volume linked. The master volume on the Mesa and the Kemper have no effect. Master volume on the Kemper set to zero still allows the guitar signal through. Also, there is some hum/feedback present which I assume is from the Mesa power amp section running full power ?‍♂️ The master volume on the Mesa appears to have no effect on the power section. Really stick scratching my head here lol Any thoughts ?

Hopefully wireless rig manager for pc and Mac. It shouldn’t be too hard as it can work wirelessly over a network with an iPad. I’m not a programmer though so maybe I’m missing a reason why it wouldn’t work ?‍♂️

If you want to get rid of it, just say it :D

Really pretty guitar and what a bargain! I'm kind of jealous right now...

I’ll keep you in mind but don’t count on it ? It actually plays and sounds better than it looks and it looks amazing ?

Picked this beauty up for around $500 usd in excellent condition ! Gibson Tribute goldtop 2017T. Even came with all documentation and gig bag. Rarely is it a benefit to be a lefty but the guy could not move this due to it being a lefty and 2hrs away from any large population. Luckily I had to go there for work and snagged it.

I believe the TC Electronics Bam200 should get an honourable mention. It is a bass amp that can be set nearly flat response. I believe the big guy himself (correct me if I’m wrong) actually recommended for the unpowered Kemper kab prior to the powered kab release for users who had an unpowered Kemper.

Here is what worked for me, not the neatest but I don’t need it to be. My Kemper is stationary on a Kart and this equipment is hid under the bottom shelf. I have my iPad editor connected wirelessly and my remote is functional.

-2018 green toaster non-power amp

-2018 Kemper Remote

-TP-POE 150S (POE Injector)

-D-Link DAP-1610 Range Extender

-TP-Link Non-POE Switch (any switch should work)

1. Range Extender (connect the range extender wirelessly to same network as the iPad) —>Ethernet Cable from Range extender to WAN Port on switch.

2. Ethernet Cable from any Lan port on the switch to the Kemper Ethernet port.

3. Ethernet cable from any Lan port on the switch to the Poe Injector data in port —> Ethernet cable from Poe power/data out port to Kemper remote Ethernet port.

Hope it helps someone.

I know where you are coming from it is nice as is. As much as I love fender and this cab’s quality and aesthetics, I’d rather have a matching Green 4x12 Kemper kab. I can only assume it would sound amazing with 4 kones in the baltic birch enclosure of the supersonic.

My plan is lose the fender logo, green Tolex and 4 kones. Think I will pull the trigger as soon as I get a break from work. I am thinking the same thing, from what I have been hearing it will be hard to improve the Kone other than adding imprints.

Looking at ordering 4 kones for my 4x12 cab. My concern is the Kemper being so far into its production life you can’t help but feel another iteration is coming eventually (which I will be buying if or when it arrives). I’m wondering will the kones continue to be supported as/if new products emerge. My thoughts are yes, anyone care to share their input ? I’d hate to have a cab full of obsolete kones ten (for example) years down the road.

New guitar otw left handed Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal style 1. Never tried a charvel and being a lefty there isn’t any available to try in my area so I am taking a shot in the dark because I love the specs. Any one with any experience with Charvel maybe describe the neck ? I have a USA Jackson Soloist, esp e2 m2, fender players Telecaster, Ltd ec1000, Dean Z and a Dean Mustaine signature VMNT Flying V. What would Charvel neck be most similar to ? Thanks

Just connected my toaster to my home network using a simple range extender to use iPad editor. How about a wireless PC/Mac Rig Manager ? Makes sense seeing how people now are connecting their Kempers to their home networks

I think they're designed for shredders who hold their 3rd 4th and 5th fingers in a fist. I had a Jackson Kelly that I've since sold, but if I kept it I would have swapped the volume pot to the tone position and taped up the tone pot in the cavity. I kind of regret I sold that one but the profit I made paid for most of the Kemper

Edit: Actually looking at that old picture I think I definitely regret selling it. Doh!

Rare guitar ! I’m dying for a lefty Kelly, sadly I can’t afford the $5k-7k for a custom shop. I loved Jackson guitars but why have thou art forsaken us lefties Jackson ?