Posts by Yzman82

I’m not familiar with the buttons on the stage. Sounds like this may be instructions for the toaster and rack as choosing the browse mode also turns on the unit. I did check the latest manual and found this below. You should contact support for clarification but looks like hold rig button while turning on the unit is what they meant. Like I said choosing browse on the rack and the toaster is turning it “on” but looks like there is a power button on the stage.

“PROFILER doesn't boot up completely

If the PROFILER has not been shut down properly, the result could be that the PROFILER isn't able to completely restart. In order to rebuild the internal database, please push and hold the RIG button while you switch on with the

chicken head knob. Hold the RIG button until the message “Initializing current Rig” appears. Your data and settings

are not impacted by this procedure.”

It would be cool if they had a powered version of the cab that could switch imprints without the kemper unit. Imagine how many they would sell to customers who just want a powered guitar speaker. Universal competition for the L6 powercab

Thank you CK, I appreciate the clarification. I was upset by the disparity in prices for Canadians compared to every other currency listed. I really couldn’t it figure out, wasn’t making any sense. I understand that the units are mass shipped to the U.S saving on shipping so I expect to pay more when you have to send an individual unit to a customer but that was a little much LOL.

could there be a different Canadian import tariff on the powered cab because it's got electronics in it? or it's in some funky category of goods with a higher import tariff?

There is no tariff, they are selling this from Germany we have to pay import duty.

Now if I decided to stay with kemper brand, being a Canadian I can expect to pay more for future products for no explainable reason. I know shipping is more but and I understand those extra costs but I’m not paying more because they decided to charge us more than other countries. I see a small markup on other brands but this is to much for me. I want to clarify I am not bashing kemper products though they are certainly good.

LOL because they set the price. The conversion from the usd price to Canadian is $990 cad but they are charging $1390 cad. Now some will argue shipping and duty included ? Nope people are still are getting charged duty so kemper is not paying that. As for shipping the non powered kab after conversion from usd price to Canadian is $200 extra. Now if that $200 is for shipping from Germany to Canada shouldn’t it be the same for the powered kab given they are similar size and weight from the website ? Also, the U.S. price includes shipping also. Which means it had to come from Germany to U.S. ain’t that much difference in distance and shouldn’t be that much difference in shipping.

The non-powered kab only has a $200cad price difference compared to U.S. and they are similar size and weight. Anyway, there is no reasonable explanation for this that I can think of. P

Why are Canadians getting Dinged an extra $400 cad ? $789 usd converts to $990 cad yet Canadians price is $1390 ? I’d pay $990 but not a chance for this $400 cad markup. I’d love to hear the reasoning behind the markup though.

Out of my price range @ $1400 cad plus duty for a one speaker cab. I don’t like where the volume button is personally. Glad I didn’t wait and picked up an external power amp. Looks like I’ll be buying some kones and installing in my cab.

Guitar is not new but switched out the black emgs with gold emgs, added a string butler, 18 volt mod and Schaler noiseless strap locks. Looks a lot better with the gold pickups in my opinion. Love this guitar!

Just to make sure: Make sure you are using TS (i.e. unbalanced) connectors/ cables if you are using the 1/4" outputs. I used to assume they were balanced and had a similar experience with thin sound coming from a PA after connecting them via Line In inputs. Luckily, I had already been working with my KPA for such a long time, that I was pretty sure it had to be a cable issue...

Hope this helps!

As Verminante has said, try TS cable not TRS.

The Bam200 says “4 ohm min”, wondering if this would be ok on my 16 ohm cab ? I’m thinking it would because it is solid state, should just be less wattage. Some input would be greatly appreciated.

I asked the question to TC Electronics. The respondent asked tech support and got this response regarding the Bam200 into a 16ohm cab “I have had a response stating it will be safe to use with a 16ohm load, however you may notice a lower level of volume and a slightly different feel to the amp.

somebody took the effort to find the tonestack values for a flat EQ on thwe BAM200.

someone recently took the effort to find the tonestack values for a flat EQ on the BAM200. very helpful and useful im sure

Alfahdj posted the linear settings, I never would have figured that out. Much thanks to Alfahdj for that.

I picked up a fender supersonic 100 4x12 cab loaded with vintage 30’s for a steal. This cab, Kemper and the Bam200 is blowing my mind lol. I just want to play it all the time it sounds so good.

Finally got my Bam200 and I have to say it sounds amazing. I’ve always played through a L6 firehawk 1500 and a cerwin Vega cve-10 which sounded decent but playing through an actual cab sounds the best to me. Never been happier with my Kemper. Thanks for the input on the Bam200 everyone.