Posts by Yzman82

So much at once and it all looks awesome :) Looks like you gave me everything I wanted. Thank you Kemper :thumbup: What a time to be a guitar player8)

I personally want the editor badly, feels incomplete to me without it. In this modern age I have I come to expect to have a computer interface, I prefer to shape my sound on the computer at my desk where I do everything else. I feel like I’m going to wear the buttons out sometimes so the editor would help there too. My biggest need/want for the editor is to be able to leave my Kemper on my cab and connected to my computer, no more moving it around as I do now. I spend Kemper time playing and Kemper time working on my sound and effects. Constantly moving it from my cab to the desk.

If the editor never shows up Ill live. I will never sell my Kemper, it’s simply amazing. I love Kemper as a company and there commitment to quality but I really can’t understand how they don’t think the editor is top priority and keep everyone in the dark about it. The sad thing is they are losing sales by not giving the people completely what they want, I know of one sale they lost and the lack of an editor was a big part of the reason. The editor is as important or more important than the reverbs to a lot of us or so it seems. I’d like to see a poll, editor vs reverbs to see what everyone would prefer first. My opinion is they need to get the editor out of the way, that way all the software will be complete and then concentrate on effects etc. I know a lot will disagree but this is how I feel about it.

I check here everyday with hopes that the editor will arrive :(. Kemper can we help speed this up ? I am willing to pay or start a “go fund me” to help pay for the overtime:P lol

Everyone has their opinion on this and that’s all we have to talk is each other’s opinions. We know there will be an editor someday but that is the extent of what we know.

Another lefty here. I tried to play right handed when I started as my buddy’s guitar was all there was available to try at the time. It never worked out, never felt right. Once I got my hands on a lefty I haven’t put it down since. Even when I first tried guitar hero I struggled until I discovered lefty flip, instantly beat my friends from then on lol.

Here in Newfoundland there is a limited number of guitar shops with a very small number of left handed guitars available. It has gotten better over time but still not great. It’s been a battle getting guitars without going custom shop. I have gotten almost all my guitars online with about a 50% success rate of getting a guitar without an issue

I want a Jackson Kelly so bad but custom shop is out of the question. Can’t figure out why they have never made it in lefty as everything else besides the warrior is available in left handed.

It’s tough being a lefty metal player so I treated myself when I seen these come up on the used market. First is a Jackson USA SL2H Soloist and second is a Ltd Elite M2 which is what esp made first and after a year of elites changed the name to the current lineup Esp E2 M2. Both are awesome ! I can’t put either down which makes it difficult to play with a guitar in each hand lol.

welcome back. If you don’t mind me asking what tube amp(s) quenched your tone thirst ? Always interested in hearing what satifisfied an epic tone quest :thumbup:

I also have a firehawk 1500 and I love it ! It’s heavy but sounds awesome !! Not to mention it’s the best Bluetooth speaker I’ve seen yet. I haven’t tried the onboard effects/models for a long period of time but from what I remember they were great but had artifacts that I couldn’t tweak out of the sound. I gave up trying to use the firehawk in stereo due to phase issues, it appeared to me that the onboard effects and models did not suffer as much from this issue though. I was hoping for a fix but sadly it’s been a year without an update and yet to have received a detailed manual on the thing, the current manual is unbelievably vague on just about everything.

I just use mono monitor connection now and I’m happy with its performance. As for the Kemper I’ve gotten great satisfaction from experimenting with different cabs and using the cab section eq can really bring a profile to life. Another useful trick is experiment with an onboard eq pedal. I’d also check to see if the firehawk profile has any effects included such as chorus and if so add the same to the Kemper profile. I will give it another go when I get a chance and compare the Kemper and the firehawk onboard patches and let you know my results.

If you’re just using 1 amp as your pedal platform, then you don’t need a MIDI cable. Simply hook up the Kemper into the Helix in 4CM and set up all the effects in the Helix however you want.

You’ll want to place an FX Loop block in the Helix as a replacement for an Amp block, since the Kemper is acting as your amp in this case. No need to do anything with the X block in the Kemper. You wouldn’t want to hook up the Helix into the Kemper as that won’t be optimal (in terms of flexibility), IMO. Plus, that would require MIDI programming. I’m sure you can find videos on YouTube on how to set this up. I believe Line 6 has a couple of them on their YouTube channel. You can also find this info by searching online.

Honestly, if you’re just wanting a quick replacement rig I would simply use the Helix until you get your amp back. This setup is more hassle than its worth if it’s not gonna be used frequently.

What Jose7822 has written should work from my research although I never tried it. You could possibly add a 2 button switch to switch profiles on the Kemper if you need a clean and a dirty channel along with helix effects. I myself was going to attempt such things but made it as far as controlling the Kemper with the Helix and gave up on it.

remember all your favorites WONT show up in the 2nd when you change the username in the second, i just imported it to a usb and then fav'd them, you will find that RM is 2 kemper user friendly, especially the performance(s). Run both at the same time for a stereo out of world experience.
    Are you going to run them both together or am i still alone in the universe :D

Ash

Not that I’m dissatisfied with the Kemper but I will be running the Kemper in stereo with the Kemper 2 when or if it ever happens :thumbup: . The missus would leave me if I buy another Kemper the same as I already have lol. Although, maybe if I give my Helix lt to her I may get away with buying another Kemper lol. Haven’t touched it anyway since the Kemper moved in.

Did you buy one from the US store because they're out of stock according to the site? Remote
    @Greg Boboski You'd be looking at the $750 range, CAD (all in shipping), new from the US store. You might want to try your card again or send in a support email. I'm sure they will help you, man.

@Yzman82 just bought one from the UK :thumbup:

@Tcosteenjr72357 I see them n the used market for $500 CAD here and there so $400 US is very possible. Gotta be quick, like @Locrian says! :D

Did you mean I purchased from UK or I live in UK ? I am from Newfoundland, Canada.

I bought the remote using PayPal, smooth transaction without issue through the online Kemper Canadian store :thumbup:

I’m almost positive that Canada signed a free trade agreement with the European Union (Germany included) called CETA. My research leads me to believe that 99% of goods (electronics and musical instruments included) from the European Union should be duty free. I will be calling Canadian Customs today to get an answer on this. If this is correct and GmbH has completed the export paper work correctly with manufacture origin declaration then anyone who has paid duty in Canada for a Kemper product (or 99% of products manufactured in any state of the European Union) since September 21, 2017 should be able to dispute the charges by filling out a form and be reimbursed by the Canadian border service. This may be a mistake on DHL’s brokerage behalf as their brokerage agents would assess the charges on behalf of the Canadian government.

Will report back as soon as I know more.

It appears Kemper is sticking with the same design for a while so support should available for many years to come. It was a concern when I first considered buying also but now I am so happy with the results that if I had to buy one every 3 to 5 years I would keep coming back for more. I expect my Kemper to last longer than that though as the general concensous is that it is pretty reliable from my readings and research. Most issues I hear are software bugs not hardware failures.

As for dreaming about it, I haven’t had a Kemper dream yet. It is a dream come true though lol. I often dream about some of the last things I think about before sleep so I expect a Kemper dream any night now