Posts by Nicky47711

From this thread it seems the majority of the remaining bugs are from the Rig Manager users. I dont use RM, and the current 7.xxx betas have been reliable for me. I will however use RM once it becomes an editor though so glad they are taking their time with the PC comms stuff.

I see a few people here with issues with the latest beta. But I haven’t noticed nearly as many gripes as of late. Has this latest beta felt pretty reliable for most? Just wondering why feedback seems to have lulled.

I’ve used the TP with my Kemper. My set up was laptop through Boss volume/expression pedal to board separate from Kemper. I would use the volume portion for TP output and expression portion to morph guitar parts simultaneously. It works, but I like the idea of the loop if it’s doable. Fewer cables to deal with out front. I like being able to have separate channels for FOH though.

I think I have the ground loop issue resolved. Hadn’t noticed the iec cable I was using had the ground pin removed. Would that explain why ground lift on the KPA was ineffective? Anyway, switched it out, added a hum x for good measure. Ground lift switch now works and the problem is taken care of. Thank you for all advice and insight!

So, I have the Kemper successfully sending program change to my laptop via midi. It works wonderfully. I've been using a Boss stereo volume pedal, which also has an expression output to simultaneously morph rig volume down while bringing pad volumes up. This also works pretty well. However, when all connections on that pedal are made, (expression out, sound in, sound out) a ground loop of some sort is created . Disconnect either the expression out or the sound out, and the issue disappears. I've been scratching my head to get this solved. So far, no luck. So.... My thought was to send the volume info to the laptop via midi. My question is this. Is there any way to send volume cc to the laptop without it affecting rig volumes? Or (in my perfect world) is it possible for a morph expression pedal to send midi volume to the laptop? Probably not, but I have to ask.

Well that’s quite a coincidence! I got mine in April of 2018 from Sweetwater:)

Gear fest is happening in June and I’ll be there. Looking forward to watching Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan playing together. Have you ever been? I think I like it better than NAMM.

There is a dsp setting on the EV in regards to speaker placement. You need to make sure you select “floor” as opposed to “pole”. Pole will definitely be more bass heavy.