Posts by MadMike

I want to add my Kemper remote controller to my pedalboard. (Pedaltrain Novo 32)

But I'm kinda hesitated, on sticking velcro underneath it, to add it to the board.

It'll probably decrease the value (even) more... (If I ever decide to sell it)

Same thing with my Line 6 HX Effects.

I know there's the ''Aclam Smart Track'' pedalboards, but unfortunately you can't run cables underneath it...

So, how do you guys connect your remote controllers to your (pedal)board? (If you do that at all) ;)

Found out the problem:

Forgot to connect the amp with the cabinet... :rolleyes:^^

I'm trying to get some sounds out of my Blackstar HT-5, using it as a speaker cab for my powered Kemper, but unfortunately to no success...

I'm running a speaker cable from the monitor out, of the Kemper into the FX Return of the Blackstar. (Also have jacks plugged into both the Send of the loop, as well as the guitar input)

Might be a stupid question, but does the amp need to be turned on? (Didn't help either by the way)

I'm guessing it's probably related to my output settings of the Kemper, which are:

I got a powered toaster today. (Secondhand) That came with a bunch of 'extra' profiles. (There's a 1000 on there to be exact) ?

I first want to check out all the stuff that's on there, to see if there's anything I like. (Already favorite some profiles)

But I want to get to the point to make 2 duplicate Kemper profilers (toasters) so I can leave the unpowered at home, and use the powered one for band stuff.

What would be the easiest way to do this using Rig manager? :/

Bought a powered toaster. ? (Came loaded with some extra good sounding profiles) ?

Was planning on selling my unpowered one, but I might just keep it for home use. And use the powered one for band stuff. ? (Loading them both up with the same profiles/performances etc.)

Thinking about just getting either a:

- Powered toaster (secondhand, more expensive, but with an build in power-amp)

- Or just a single power-amp, so I can connect my unpowered toaster with an guitar cabinet. (cheaper option)

In case there's no PA available at a gig. (But I probably have to purchase a (4x12) cabinet for those cases?) Since not every venue/bar have a backline.

And buy a (cheap) monitor later on for (stage) reference etc.

*Sorry for all the questions guys, it's just that I'm a leak, when it comes to using the Kemper outside my cozy bedroom... :/

I don't sing. (Might be doing some backup vocals in the future)

Not sure if we have/own a PA system. (Maybe the singer has one, but I'd have to check)

We only had one rehearsal so far, but I'd just like to be prepared, (especially for rehearsals momentarily) so I know I can get the Kemper to work when I'll bring it along. (Really dislike, having to play through a solid state amp, with all my pedals in front of the amp instead of going through an effects loop...)

If there will be any gigs, they'll be in bars/small venues for the time being.

Thank you all for helping me out with all of this!

Since I don't have any gigging experiences what so ever, I'll get 'straight' to the point:

"What would be wise to invest in, using my unpowered Kemper toaster to play gigs/during rehearsals?"

Do (all) venues usually have PA monitors available to get the Kemper (along with the rest of the band) to sound through? Probably not going with in-ear monitoring just yet. (Do have a bit of experience with them)

So would I need an extra (active) monitor to properly hear myself on stage?

Is it really just that simple to plug the Kemper in the PA/FOH, and be done with it? (Bringing a monitor as backup or something like that?)

Got a situation over here:

Recently (joined) a new band. And I'd like to start using the Kemper (unpowered toaster) for rehearsals. (And eventually for gigs as well)

Problem is that I'm in doubt, should I either,

- Connect it to a PA/mixer (That's already available in the rehearsal space) Our singer is also using the mixer, along with the (2) active HK speakers/monitors that are in that room. So I'm not even sure If I can connect the Kemper to it as well...?

Mixer/PA is this one: (Mackie ProFx16)

- Or would it be better if I just buy something like the Kemper Kone/Kabinet, to get that 'amp in the room' sound, easy of use etc?

Having trouble connecting/setting up my Kemper to record with Ableton Live 11.

I'm using Line 6 UX2 as my interface. (with a single SPDIF cable between the two)

I've tried both using the OUT as well as the IN SPDIF inputs on the rear of the Kemper, but I don't get any signal whatsoever...

I'll probably have to set it up somewhere in Ableton, but don't know how to be honest.

Already set the ''SPDIF Output'' on the kemper output section to: Master Stereo. (Output volume is also maxed out)

Also looked at POD Farm in the mixer, but there's no SPDIF input I can choose from.

*Line 6 UX2 - mentions SPDIF OUT by the way.

Any help would be greatly appropriated!! :thumbup:

'Fixed' it for now by locking all 4 effects on the Remote.. ; p (I'm only using 1 performance with the Kemper)

It won't be possible (if I ever want,) to create a whole new performance without those effects/pedalboard taking those 4 post-effect slots, right?

Because I need to unlock them first? Seems like they act 'global' when I'm changing them on a new performance into something else, (or delete them) they automatically get the same treatment on my 'old' performance. (The one I'm using right now)

Thank you for being so kind/helpful!! (You, and everyone else) ;)

* I've had the Kemper for a while now, but only recently started to want more out of it. (And realised, I could) :huh:

I know that setting up (and then saving) performance slots, saves the status of the effects. (On/Off) But that isn't really what I'm after.. (Yeah I'm a difficult person) :rolleyes: I think, (Like you said) it's only doable by making and saving different performances/rigs for certain songs that require those kind of actions..

It would work for a song like Teen Spirit, but I'm not playing covers on a regular basis. And would just like the funcion of a 'normal' pedalboard to play around with.

Seems like pros and cons (for me) right now are:

- Remote effects: Nice that it automatically switches the effects off, when not needed on the next channel/rig.

- Real pedalboard: Nice that I'm able to keep effects on when switching channels/rigs, but also more tapdancing turning them on/off in time.

I'm gonna try it out first by programming them on the Remote (Using my Main Rig/sounds) saving them when they're all off. (On every channel/rig)

If it's annoying, or not working out, I'll just connect a real pedalboard to the effects loop. :S

Wow, so you will have new reverbs, drives, output shelving, etc.

Oh yeah! 8o

One more thing:

Is it possible to use those 4 post-effects as a sort of 'normal' pedalboard for the entire performance?

The problem on a song like 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' (Just an example) is, that the 2-note verse is just a Clean + Chorus effect sound.

But then during the pre-chorus, the distortion kicks in along with the Chorus effect.

And since all my effects are programmed to be off, whenever I switch channels/rigs. I need to reactivate the Chorus effect when I switch over to the OD/Distortion channel/rig. (Which is quite annoying)

So long story short: 'Is it possible to leave effects on/active when switching rigs/channels on a performance?' (Instead of keep dealing with the saved/stored function of the rigs) =O

Make sure that you use a current OS version. The modules DLY and REV have been freed up for other effect types. So, you could have chorus/phaser/flanger/tremolo post Stack in the stereo Effects Section.

Didn't even know that... (last firmware was from 2018 or something)

I updated it yesterday so I'm all good to go now!

Thank you both for the help!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! Will try it out asap.