Posts by RickRick

Hey there,

I stumbled on Tim's HAWP thread as well - what a great idea and great to see all of the traction that the thread received (huge thanks to Tim - can't wait to try the profiles contained in the link above). 2 Questions:

1) It looks like the link noted above in this thread is to the first few batches that Tim did. However, is there a place that contains all of the profiles that were created throughout the 29 page thread (Tim's referenced dropbox account is no longer active)?

2) Looks like Tim has 40 or so profiles in the Rig Exchange - I've reviewed the HAWP thread but was unclear if Tim's RE profiles are those from the HAWP thread?

My application would be to create merged profiles by dialing in the studio profile to taste (using a Bogner 4/12 with v30's as reference/profiling) and then create Mikko IRs to export and keep in the Kemper as saved IRs for use with created direct profiles. I did read that when exporting, Mikko IRs lose a little due to reduced sample rates necessary to work in the Kemper or other hardware units.

I'm assuming that once the IR is exported, the IR would work just like any other purchased 3rd party IR and that use of any other kemper effects/amps would work the same as otherwise?

Not sure if this is the best forum for this question, however, I am planning to make some direct profiles and, coincidently, stumbled onto a youtube video of Mikko for making IRs for Kemper. Given Bke's reference to Mikko in this chain, I wanted to inquire of the forum any feedback as to:

1) how you like Mikko?

2) do you need to use a DAW, or will a simple setup of computer and kemper work, and

3) would you recommend Mikko for jumping into IRs? I do like to tweak and am interested in capturing the "amp only" with direct profiles and then using IRs to, hopefully, create IRs better than I could (a) without spending a fortune on mics and speakers and (b) without having to buy tons of third party IRs... The flexibility of Mikko, conceptually, seams fantastic.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks