Posts by robocomp22

I must admit...you are a genius. I was asking for help from someone who actually has some firmware development experience vs obtuse speculation about file management systems. But thanks for the insult...really appreciate this...God bless!

The Kemper already is light years ahead of the competition in terms of sound quality and versatility so to create a computer editor is the next logical step and I am not sure why anyone would want anything else.

Thanks man. I must say this is one of the most repsonsive and knowledgeable user groups I have ever experienced. And although there are a number of issues in terms of functionality, the Kemper is a game changer for me in terms of sounds you can get out of it.....the toaster that keeps on giving....it is amazing!!!!!! I will never need another tube amp. Thanks group and C. Kemper!!!!!

Needless to say......what I am asking is if there is anyone that knows about the more technical side of software/hardware development if it would be technically possible to make this fix in a firmware revision or is this something that would require a whole new device? I would imagine there could be a change in the code to allow each module to retain the last effect and not the effect from the last module change. And perhaps to either allow the browse knob to cycle more rapidly, lets say 2x or 4x, or to assign a button or soft button to select effect category for each module. This sounds doable on a firmware revision but I am not a developer. Thanks

Can anyone with technical, software, hardware expertise comment on whether a software revision would be able to fix the glaring effects selection problem with the Kemper. As you all know effects modules start on the last effect selected. It you previous selected a distortion effect in module C and then go to module B with a Wah and want to select a different Wah, you have to turn the browse know 50 times to get from distortion to Wah. This is completely unworkable and needs to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can this be done with a software revision or will it take new hardware??? Why Chris Kemper has not seen fit to correct this Achilles heel is an enigma to me and I am a very new user. Thanks

One of my loaded rigs shows Legacy Delay. I cannot find this in browsing other kemper delays. Is this specific to this rig? Is there a way to save it to my effects list? And finally is there a way to save an effect with different presets and name it differently? I presume this is what the Legacy delay is and created specifically for that rig. Thanks!

I am still a little confused about the browse knob. What is this for specifically? When you say inividual presets, how is that different from using type knob and changing presets when you get to effect??? Manual does a very poor job of differentiating.

With all due respect to Kemper, this appears to be a MONUMENTAL software flaw. I cannot even believe I am hearing this and not just you need to do this or that for quicker access. This is not only a huge pain in the arse in terms of time but also I am needing to put unnecessary stress on the type knob which will probably be the first thing to fail on my Kemper.

You have got to be kidding me that 1) this was not forseen in development 2) not brought up in beta testing and 3) there have been no firmware fixes since the beginning

Just a colossal problem and almost a dealbreaker in functionality.

Are you all sure there is no workaround??? There is a browse knob but not even sure what this does as it only appears to show a subset of effects.

Thanks!!!!!

I am having some problems setting an effect, lets say a wah, and then setting a distortion effect and then when
    I go back to maybe change to a different type of wah, I have to go through from distortion to wah again which is a royal pain.
    Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? I know it is just probably something I am missing but when I go to wah and turn the type knob
    I am back on distortions. Not getting it. Thanks.

I just got my new kemper with remote pedal board. Today it just shut down unexpectedly. Is this a common problem? I was able to reboot the kemper and remote but this would be catastrophic in a live setting. Thanks!!!!