Posts by ToneDeaf

It would be interesting to see some studies as to the personal EQ in our ears.

I did read a lot about how the "frequency response" changes with age. For example I am pretty sure that my 11 year old son hears a lot of high frequencies that I don't any more.

And some of it may even have to do with being in the mosh pit listening to artists like Lemmy, Udo and similar loud dudes. This was of course when I was much younger, the pit is out of my age-range now ;)

I can absolutely confirm that the cab in channel 2 is from commercial Celestion IR package,

Just out of curiosity how can you tell? Not arguing just have no clue how to extract(?) the IR from a profile.

Also, just looked at the EULA on Celestion's site: https://www.celestionplus.com/eula/

I am a software guy by trade and if I am reading it right, these IRs are basically no-go for any commercial purpose. It basically says that you agree to not make any derivative work from their IRs. So no Kemper profiles or anything similar. Not for money, not even for free.

Pretty much the only thing you could do with these is use them to record music on your own. I think that the music recorded would not be considered derivative work.

I with they had an 'LGPL'-like licensing scheme for people who want to use these "libraries".

Someone please make a profile for this - does not need to be free.

Mike Fortin is a genius whether he likes the Kemper or not. After seeing this video, I would so much love to try this amp - the chance of which on the actual amp for me is basically zero.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can only echo what the others are saying. We don't have an Axe but I would be shocked if you could not get any tone you want out of the Kemper.

From what I gather on this forum the difference is the workflow. Don't underestimate the workflow! If you get enjoyment out of tweaking options to make things sound even better to you, probably the Axe is what you want. If you want a few dedicated knobs and buttons and don't want to descend into menus to change every aspect of the device, the Kemper is hard to beat.

For us - I play with the kids at home - it is turn it on, while waiting for it to boot tune up and then let's play. We rarely touch the device, just change from rig to rig and maybe turn the reverb ad delay knobs a little.

The laptop that I have connected to the Kemper has Waves Tracks Live running, recording both the DI and the "real" sound. It is extremely convenient to record every noodling we do and can re-amp in seconds if we don't like the sounds.

Monkey_Man, that picture with that huge screen looks photoshopped - like those advertisements of backyard pools with mini-people swimming inside. :)

We roll with the FCB and the EurekaProm chip as well.

Chip install was easy, the only minor annoyance is the large capacitor on the "right hand side" of the chip. Hard to get a small screwdriver next to it to lift the original prom from the socket.

So far very nice. The performance mode rig change works great, the looper control is good enough. The only thing that is not that good is the tuner function - to be fair, on that FCB screen not a whole lot more could be done.

Speaking of looper control - the Kemper naturally does not recognize that the looper is available as the FCB is not the remote. One can still go to the greyed out menu and switch the looper position, just hard to read the text.

Can't help you with the USB stick update however if your Kemper is close to a computer with Internet connection, doing the update through the Rig Manager is easy. Just hook up the Kemper to the computer - if it is a Windows one, let it install drivers, etc.

Download Rig Manager from here https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads and use that to update the Kemper. For official releases (not betas) the Rig Manager is smart to notice on its own and will offer you to update the toaster.

I don't mean to hijack the thread...

If you have an Eureka chip with the FCB, you can activate the tuner on the FCB screen in their "Effects" mode.

See here : http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/pa

This leaves the Kemper in whatever mode it was in. The benefit is that you can be far from the Kemper screen. The drawback is that the FCB screen leaves a lot to be desired in terms of implementation of a great UI so the tuner screen is very basic.

It looks like that I arrived after you left.

Welcome back anyways. I can tell you that my favorite times plucking those fat bass strings are when I get to jam with my kids!

My son (he is 11) had his first "show" at the place where he is taking guitar lessons, not that long ago.

To get "in range" for the singer (student young lady who was incredible) they used a capo on a couple of songs.

He had to re-tune between the capo songs and the normal ones. It appeared that not all the guitars needed the same amount. His semi-hollow PRS needed more tuning than the acoustic that one of the guitar teachers was using accompanying them. May have to do something with the scale length and the string tension I guess.

But I can tell you that it was clearly audible when the capo-ed guitar was out of tune purely because of the capo. So I think what you are hearing is real. :)

Yes, new 'beer' thread, about how much better UK beer is than that cat's urine they sell in the USA... lol

Notwithstanding the Monty Python joke that in general holds true next time you are in New England, let me buy you a can of Heady Topper from The Alchemist (or a few) ;)https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/46317/16814/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I apologize for the hijack, at least a little bit. :D