Posts by DennisJ

Is it possible to get PC sounds, such as online backing tracks, though the Kemper headphone jack? My set up is a bit complicated as I am using the Kemper FX loop and 4 cable method to also run a tube amp into the interface and use kemper IR's and fx with it. The Kemper headphone jack blows my audio interface away as far as sound.

TIA

Very bad idea. you need a little console or mixer to take care of that. Plug your computer outbut and kemper output to the mixer and THEN listen to the mixer headphone output. Dont try to cut money on that you'll end up with bad results just to save some$

If you have tube amps you like, and you seem to have the equipment to mic them, create your own profiles. It takes some practice, but this is what the KPA has been initially made for.

Although profiles created by other people probably can sound great, they are not YOUR tone by default.

I dont care I want the rigs I buy from great cies

Are the new reverbs suppose to show up under the "Rverb" fx tab? They are not there for me. They are in my main menu of FX but they will not load from their either. I loaded the new update, restored factory rigs and presets and the Kemper restarted but no reverbs.

TIA

Impossible your update is not completed then. Update again and look if it says SUCCESSFULL

Thank you so much do you use an external graphic eq or the one inside the Kemper???

well we equipt TRV (SRV offcical touring tribute) - with a setlist of exclusive rigs for this purpose, - Mostly fender brownface and blackface delux's with a few editions.

With SRV you need the tightness of the bass strings but looseness of the others, its hard to get via a normal rig (He used varible string gauges same as Hendrix used too), so a lot of post is needed, - but you can start with putting your strat on the neck, raising the "Clarity" and "Definition" until you get a equal balance of his !Quack! sound.., then adjust from that point..

Good luck though!

Also just curious are we gonna see all rigs seller pop in our conversation to make promo on their stuff when we discuss here as users?

well we equipt TRV (SRV offcical touring tribute) - with a setlist of exclusive rigs for this purpose, - Mostly fender brownface and blackface delux's with a few editions.

With SRV you need the tightness of the bass strings but looseness of the others, its hard to get via a normal rig (He used varible string gauges same as Hendrix used too), so a lot of post is needed, - but you can start with putting your strat on the neck, raising the "Clarity" and "Definition" until you get a equal balance of his !Quack! sound.., then adjust from that point..

Good luck though!

Allright but what guitar and pick up do you suggest for it? Coz getting rigs is only a part of the game

I didn't mean it has a sound, but it is flat. It's 1's and 0's at the end of the day.

We all choose digital because at a certain point the convenience of it in many ways is just easier to handle and maintain. But listening to a CD vs Vinyl is a completely different experience. And I'm talking true vinyl, not the stuff they make now which was all digitally recorded, mixed, mastered, etc.

My point was mainly about the "flatness" or "coldness" of digital sound. I've experienced this with other devices, which in my mind makes it more of a reality one has to accept and adapt to. Though, it's definitely improved from decades past which means it will probably continue to improve.

I disagree 1000% with you. But I won't debate it with you, coz you're the kind of person that think he is right and it will be an endless debate

I dont even care about the basic Factory rigs. I BUY rigs every week , and dowload from RE too, and got enough job fine tuning every rigs and choosing the best . It depends also on the guitar I use so I indicate Les Paul or Gibson retc on every rig as I fine tune. You should try to get the best you can instead of the basic factory ''ordinary'' preset . Buy some you'll see how good some are and it's not expensive . Download some on RE Come on !

Just a remark. It is funny but all the sounds I create at home are more warm and got more bass. But when I go practice with my bands it is lost in the mix a little so I have to add treble and presence to be heard. Is it the same to you? I mean it is not really a problem for me it is probably normal

I was just wondering if it was the same for you ???

I was like you before , anything on my sound was bad unless it's stereo . Or til it's stereo. Then with time I realised that stereo is a mirage. So I work in mono til it sounds good in mono (its harder) then if I can I put it in stereo, But stereo is not the goal . I mean the goal is to sound very good in mono... and stereo comes after. And if it,s impossible I dont care coz it's already good in mono. Get it?

Thanks for the reference and thank you all for your answer

Exactly I agree with the moderator. So please let's try to be polite both ways in the future.