Posts by LiamUK

As good as the Kemper chorus is, I do agree it lacks that 'lush' sound you mention. I have been on a mission of late, to check out various chorus units available. Some 'really' expensive units don't really sound that much better that their Line 6 counterparts, to my ears. I get a great chorus sound out of a cheap Line 6 M9. I was prepared to go down the expensive unit route, but there was not that much difference in sound. Certainly not the many more dollars/pounds involved.

Well it sounds to me, like you already know where your problems were. Firstly, you were plugged into the incorrect output of the Kemper, but you now know that. Turning up the mixer would only have made things worse, as it sounds like it did.

Get there a bit earlier than your band mates next time. Try a few things. Plug into the 'correct' output, and make sure the input gain on the mixer is set correctly. If you don't know which knobs do what, I'm sure someone who works at the rehearsal facility will tell you?

I use different rehearsal studios, and all I do is make sure the input gain on the mixer is set correctly. I never have any issues. As I suggest, go in early and have a mess & a play before everyone else gets there. I'm sure it'll all work out fine. :)

I always find a lot of online demos difficult to make my mind up about the sounds, due to the guitars being multi tracked. I'd prefer one guy, playing chords, riffs etc, just on his own without any backing, so you can ascertain a profile's merits. Likewise, some long dreamy Gary Moore solo type thing will provide me more of a reference point or example, than a thrashy chord riff session.

Obviously tracking/layering guitars results in a wall of sound, but it's no real reflection on some guy in a bar band or the like, or the sound he'll achieve.

I'm not criticising the sterling demo by 'Random 13', here, just making a general discussion point that I feel.

Well, you'll see 'that' subject discussed countlessly on this forum. The possibility of a 'new model', that is.

Many varying opinions. Personally, 'it's not broke, so it doesn't need fixing', is my view, others disagree... :)

My last 'big spend' too mate :)

Hi,

You'll be ecstatic that you made the purchase. I have recorded with mine a lot, and oddly enough, only today did I go out & use it live, for the first time. Straight into the PA. Sounded just like a valve amp 'cranked up!' :)

You have 'that' joy to still discover.

Previously I have used a Ground Control Pro to control an Axe FX. For the extra money, and a severe reduction in pain, anxiety and headaches, I'd fully recommend getting the purpose built 'Kemper remote'. :)

I digress - If on the other hand, you have future plans to control other similar midi accessible processors, then getting a GCP, would give you an opportunity to get your head around its workings. If not, go for the Kemper remote.

If you don't need modelling, and why on earth would we, with a Kemper in our possession! The Line 6 M9 is very cheap, small, and does a cool job of supplying effects. :)
    I only use chorus, delay, and a touch of reverb, so in an emergency, the M9 would suffice.
    I keep one for all the listed reasons, and if I 'did' ever have a problem, the overdrive stomp boxes therein, would get me through the night. To quote a great Liverpool man, "Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright"....

You could get either one of these too, just an option. Check them out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.