Posts by LiamUK

Yes, this thread must die.

Some folks have bought an Axe FX twice?
    Take it from an old swine who has been round the block a few times - Buying one for a second time is like taking back your ex; You know it's capable of playing a good tune on, and getting your fun with, but sooner or later you'll remember why you originally traded it in... lol

You said it spot on there paults. Whatever floats a person's boat. 'Delay & reverb' basically, for me, consists of 'time & feedback'. Anymore than those parameters I don't need. There's nothing I'm not able to do exactly as I wish to.
    In terms of routing, The Kemper does that job perfect for me as well.
    Somewhere along the line, ****ing about for the sake of it loses its appeal. I spent hours and days doing it with an Axe FX I had. Life's too short, and in all honesty, long term it never sounds a great deal better, I just got marginally older for my trouble... :)

But yes, all these things are a choice, if they concern you :)

Oddly enough, I wasn't really thinking of using it on the Kemper, as it sounds sort of mega as it is... :)
    I have a duo project happening, using backing tracks I have saved as wavs. I thought the BBE might add a kick ass sound to the audio.

Indeed, I sold my Axe FX11xl, in favour of a Kemper. I even prefer my Helix to the Axe FX. There is nothing I can't do on the Helix that I did on the Axe, it sounds great too. The Kemper is my best bit of kit though, each to their own, but Kemper wins every time.

The Axe will also allow infinite, excessive editing features, which mostly I doubt anyone would need. A chap could get bored with the constant knob twiddling one can do, and never actually play. Endless parameters of effects to adjust. If you are into all that sort of stuff, then fair enough. The Kemper is a 'no nonsense' unit, which does everything I demand, and with ease of use. IMHO, an update is nothing I need, it does it all already.

I have said many times before, when similar questions were asked on forums, " I liked the Axe, but NEVER loved it". Now my Kemper? I love that! :)

Give me a minute or so, I have a youtube link somewhere, someone put up, and it's pretty good.

You need to set the song key you are going to play in, and if it's major or minor. A little bit of trial & error should sort it out :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He says; "To set it up the way I did: Press and hold the X button. Use the type knob to find the X Module called Harmonic Pitch.Voice 1 is default, i.e. Unison. Voice 2 is set to +3rd in this particular case. Key is C/Am. I enable Formant Shift (4th "display control button" on the Kemper head) set to -5.0.".

Personally, I prefer the sound with the 'Formant shift' disabled.

You lookin' at getting one or just curious?

A bit of both I suppose. I'm guessing you don't think it would add anything to the Kemper's sound, given what you've said.

I'm also intrigued as to what it may add on the overall sound of everything coming through a PA, if it was in the mix inserts. (I think that'd be the place, from memory).
    And, 'yes', I was thinking about the rack version :)

Once again, on an FB Kemper page, someone has been extolling the virtues of The BBE Sonic Maximiser series. After checking out several youtube reviews, I am still unsure if this unit actually does a great deal, apart from an EQ/boosting mids scenario. Does anyone 100% consider that these units have 'that' much, undeniable improvement in sound?

I got pretty close to the CE-2 sound (I used to own one) by using the vintage chorus and approximating the rate at 10 o'clock and the depth at 2 o'clock setting I used to use. I'd still like to hear your take on it sometime telelogic, but no hurry, no worries.

Indeed, that's 'exactly' how I set it too. Vintage chorus at ten to & ten past. :) It sounds quite superb. Boss, Line 6 Helix, and now my Kemper. All very similar chorus sounds. Love that effect.

Google 'guitar interface for mac', and there is a lot of choice. Yes, you need an interface to record 'anything' on your mac. Many brands of software available, Logic Pro (my choice), Reaper, Cubase, Pro Tools, Ableton etc.

Are there any guitarists, using backing tracks, using IEM?
    At present I am involved in a duo who are going to be using tracks. Live wise we will have a backing track, two vocals, & a guitar & bass.
    I’m just wondering what kind of onstage vibe you’re getting, as opposed to getting the thump and power from a floor monitor.
    Is anyone already doing this, who has a valid view?

I noticed the 'price thing' recently, when I was looking to buy in the UK. Second had prices were pretty similar, so I just bought a new one instead.
    In fact, I actually ended up paying less for a unit & a remote, than many ebayer's were selling used ...

Superb, is this the one you used?