Posts by steinweiner

I tried FRFR (along with the other guitar player -100W Marshall tube1/2 stack)..Could not even keep up....The FRFR lacked the "air moving thump" the other guitar player had...cab is simply meant for a monitor in this case...I bring the Boogie Recto 4x12, game over. Sometimes, the band says I'm too loud...I run at about 1/3 volume and it is PUNSHINGLY loud and full. EQ settings are much different at band volume vs. bedroom level (duh..), but more tweaking is needed EQ -wise than let's say my Mesa MKiV head (from low to loud volume..) No big deal, as it only took a few minutes to dial it in. I only use 2-3 High gain tones, and some cleans, which were all profiled with the same cab to begin with, so they work PERFECTLY live. I don't understand how someone using a powerhead thru a guitar cab wouldn't be loud enough. If you play in a top 40 band (..covers..) Finding a good guitar cab that will "generally work" for most tones... If you absolutley have to go from Marshall high gain to Fender50's tweed to Diezel Ultra high -gain, and then a plexi,,...Go buy an expensive hi watt PA system to go direct with Kemper... OR..buy 4 Kones and load up a 4 x 12. Probably the best solution.

The EVH 5153 50 W El34, Stealth, and Herbert profiles are AMAZING!!! Not only to record with, but live and loud (Using a real recto 4x12 with profiles that are "profiled" with recto cab) ...astounding tones. (high gain) Just using my powerhead with a recto 4 x 12... Just WOW!!!!

steinweiner - there are some in this clip that are a bit heavy...

Yes, thank you...This is the only vid out there.. other than Tone Junkies.. The 2 high gain sounds in this clip are pretty good..the other tones are ASTOUNDING... I.just wanted another opinion from someone who specializes in the high gain stuff. Someone else mentioned that they sound even better in person...Kinda seems like a no brainer just to try the Kone in my 1 x12 and see how it does..

Stupid question/thought. I have a Powerhead...typically run it thru a 1 x12 or recto 4x12 (All V30's)..Primarilly going for high gain tones, BUT...I love the versatile possibilites with the Kab or Kone...Has anyone done high-gain with the Kone/Kab? I've heard all the other clean/bluesy/semi break-up, and some rock sounds, (AWESOME), but just want to hear or hear from someone who is getting Periphery-esque tones (i.e. 5150 III/Stealth sounds..) High & tight! If the Kab or Kone can do it (I'm sure they can..) I may have to at least get a Kone for now.....

I have all but the 6L6 version (Buying now..) I can personally attest that they are AMAZINGLY good...both for recording and live use. CRUSHING!!

Arrrgghh!!! It just happened again..(Im not going to video the process)..Im in performance mode, I accidentally turn th browse knob, and BOOM, my preset that I have been working weeks on is gone..I turn it off, the new profile that popped up when I turned the browse knob is still there..How do I turn off the auto save or auto load functon? Please help..If it is just a setting I need to turn off, then my fault, I need to change now. This seems pretty rediculous though... So FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

And even when I pull up my perfomance via midi pedal, the problem still exists... It is auto saving the profiles in perfomance mode...the very moment you select a new profle...

Arrrgghh!!! It just happened again..(Im not going to video the process)..Im in performance mode, I accidentally turn th browse knob, and BOOM, my preset that I have been working weeks on is gone..I turn it off, the new profile that popped up when I turned the browse knob is still there..How do I turn off the auto save or auto load functon? Please help..If it is just a setting I need to turn off, then my fault, I need to change now. This seems pretty rediculous though... So FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

I have tried to play with rigs profiled through the same cabinet as mine...The probleme persist...

The sound is absolutely fizzy when i play with the cab section off...

Perhaps an important detail: i have only try it at bedroom volume

Hmm..Not sure...IPower Head definitley sounds better the louder it gets, but you should be able to dial out any fizz..That being said, maybe the guit cab is not for you..Go FRFR. (Come on Kemper cab!! )

steinweiner, I just purchased my stage last week so maybe we are both doing something wrong but this issue is exactly what I encountered when I built my first performance. Since that time I have set it not to autoload so I wouldn't inadvertently have the selected performance slot overwritten but it seems to me I should not have to do that step.

...I must have missed this (Sorry if this was already explained..) There is an autoload function? Ahhhhhh this might be the answer...I think this changed with the latest update. I will try it...Thanks.

...I just went out, turned on my Kemper..Went to "Performance Mode"..Pulled up a performance , went to a slot of mine that I worked on loaded up..turn the "Browse" knob so a different Profile loads up..I don't hit save,...I scroll to a different slot, then back to the one I was just working on, guess what? The new profile is loaded and saved (in that slot), my preset gone...I turn it off, and back on, go to "Performance Mode", my preset is still gone and now contains the new profile... It is SAVING. Again, my preformance preset slot no longer contains my profile....

If you edit a Performance on the front panel of the PROFILER, these edits are just temporary until you store the Performance. This also applies to selecting another Rig from the browse pool via BROWSE knob. If you leave the Performance without storing, these edits are lost.

If you modify a Performance in Rig Manager, changes take immediate effect. This also applies,, if you drag & drop another Rig into one of the Slots.

I cannot reproduce any exceptions from these rules under OS 7.1.19 and RM 3.0.99 beta.

Well..that's just it...it does store it without me saving it...That is what is weird..I turn it off, turn it back on, whatever profile I pulled up stays there...So, in short, I don't need to hit save when storing a profile within a slot of Performance mode. The only things that don't save (unless I manually save) are any changes I make to that particular profile, which should be that way...Seems to me that this should be the same for ANY changes I make to a slot within performance mode..It should not be auto saving...

In performance mode, if I accidentally turn the browse button, it instantly saves whatever profile comes up, , replacing the profile I had worked so hard on (Additional tweeking etc that has been done within the performance...gone!! arghhhh!!!)...There is no "undo" when this happens..Is there a way to "lock" performances and the presets within them? It's frustrating to say the least..