Posts by steinweiner

Not sure how much gain you're using, but most of the reverbs on the kemper have a bright harsh resonance thing happening... I always have to cut the highs (..roll off within the reverb) anything over 7000 Hz. Boom, harshness gone.... Isn't as prominant for cleans... : )

I struggled with my buddy;s QC..it seemed suoer cool, but the sounds were about the same...I find the Kemper easier to work with.. I hear peopel getting great soundsw oout of the QC, so I'm sure a little more time spent would reveal its awesomeness...I just didn't htink it sounded better, and I don't feel like getting rid of all I have invested into the Kemper..Plus, I have the Powerhead, I can just sit on any cab , and bbom!..Killer tone all day long.. I'm going to stay here.

The rig exchange has some great profiles, obviously you'll have to search through many bad profiles to find great ones...It's illegal to share the 3rd party profiles that can be purchased (..thjis should be common sense..) There are a TON of 3rd party profiles that are "proffesionally done" and sound amazing, many for $50 or less (..CHEAP!!) Artist not willing to share their profile? Nothing new ..I spent countless hours profiling my boogie and tone to get it where it is now, and it's "MY" sound, I have NO interest in giving that to someone...

Agian, this should not seem unusual by any means. Finding great profiles and tweeking to your liking is super easy.

Tried having a delay, a reverb, and a flanger or phaser in stomp mode...but no matter the effect, they do not respond (..the mix, the feedback, etc..) like they do in the "Effects" section of the Kemper. The sounds are also terrible.. Am I missing something? Why would these controls not work the same in stomp mode.?? I understand that the placement of the effects can affect the tone differently, but come on...Things like "Mix".."Feedback" should function no differently..And the sounds of the effects (..quality, or even being able to get anything usable, I have yet to achieve.

Thanks...I'll take a look later this afternoon and let you know..

Yes, understood! You didn't appreciate my response? You see the lock symbol on the display? Release the lock of the CAB module.

That did not work..it doesn't do anything. ??? I'm not seeing a cab lock symbol on any of the profile displays. ..and when I hit the lock button, nothing happens... When I press the Cab button, it just says "Empty"... The lock button will not turn off in Browser mode

CAB module empty means you have loaded a Direct PROFILE, which doesn't include a cab.

If you now lock the CAB module, it sticks in that position regardless which Rig you load.

It appears, you have locked the CAB module in Browser Mode.

Locking is seperate between Browser and Performance Mode.

The cab light used to be on for all of these profiles, now it's not there...and I'm getting that "direct" sound without any cab sim..Most of the profiles are studio not direct...

All of a sudden, NONE of my rigs-presets have The cab button on, and when I press it, it says empty, nothing there.. I've never even had to look or think about htis as each preset/profile has its own cab sim built in, but now is gone? So all of my direct recording sounds are awful..I didn't touch or change anything..My Performance rigs still have it on, but none of the factory presets, etc.. Weird.. Any ideas? I've shut it down, restarted, same thing.. ???

Hey guys thankls for all of the input..As mentioned previously, In addition to recording direct, I run the Powerhead into a recto412, as well as a 112 Creamback when I don't need as much. The profiles I use are all done with V30's, and OS V30 412 cabs, so when I go into either of my cabs, my tone is gold. I found that it is one of my main guitars is the issue...metalic fret buzz on every note, every string (..a little buzz is acceptable, this is different, ) I switched out guitars (Grabbed my Eastman Solid body and PRS singlecut), and the annoying sympatheic metalic resonant tone isn't there. Somehow my Frankenstrat's neck "freaked out" with the crazy weather we're having (..a full on fret level and fret dress will take care of the issue). I will also say I tried the Kemper through a 290 Boogie Power amp, and aVHT Poweramps....Did't like it as much. It would have required a tremendous amount of "re-tweeking" (...dialing out the flubby fat bass, etc..) That little bit of "hair" that the tubes gave me wasn't "night & day" with the power amp of my Kemper, not enough to redo the whole rig. I've seen some players that run through a tube poweramp, and their tone is amazing! Again, Not into the heavy racks...and neither is my back! lol. So in short, I'm good. Thanks guys!

Thanks for all of the feedback..very helpful. I definitely have no desire to spend big$ on amps (..I already have a Mesa MK IV..) I did find that the main guitar I use is causing much of this issue..We've had some pretty radical weather swings (Hot/cold/hot,dry, wet, cold..etc..) in a short period of time, and I literally just realized what was minor fret buzz has now become a harsh metalic fret buzz everywhere, and boy does every amp in my house pick it up, especially the Kemper (Frankenstrat with Tom ANderson H2+..very "Hi-fi" sounding..) . Grabbed some other guitars (PRS, Eastman) ALl sound killler...so a full on fret dress and I'll be fine. Looking forward to trying the MBritt Compressor and Studio EQ suggestion (Thanks RosBone!)

The Kemper never provided a "natural" sound. The "recorded" sound is a carbon copy of a "mic'd cabinet" sound. If you want a more natural sound then you would use the Kabinet, but not for recording.

You can tweak a profile to sound closer to a natural sound for recording purposes but then it will sound like mud in a mix. I use profiles like this when I just want to hear my guitar alone or just playing over a generic drum track for practicing.

I have a cab hooked up..I go back and forth...Typically add some bass for some of that "hair"..I think I'm just tired of chasing the tones instead of playing...The sound I was getting , or was inspired by...it's not there...Like I mentioned..I might just be burnt out on it..

I think I may be getting burned out on the Kemper Powerhead...I'm not sure what's going on, but the direct tone for recording is not sounding good these days...I primarilly use high gain profiles form STL, MBritt, a few othe expensive studio and direct profiles...I've gotten some inspiring tones in the past, but now I find myself scrolling through the 3000+ profiles I have...and I swear I can't find a good one...Too fizzay, too trebly, too bassy....nothing feels "expensive" as it used to...I did the most recent update, and there's a certain "tightness" that is missing...I can't quite pin it down, I just know that I used to plug in, pull up a 5150 III high gain profile (..didn't even mess with the eq)..and recorded..Sounded great! ...for some reason...nothing sounds "natural" to me on this...and all of the high gain stuff sounds the same...evenin headphones..I don;t think there's somehtign wrong with the unit, but something changed to the point where I end up just getting more and more discouraged and fried form chasing tone down the rabbit hole , so to speak.. I even took a few days off, and it wasw worse. I never have had this much frustration with having a consistant tone...It's changging like every day..WTH?!?!?!? Maybe I'm just getting "kemper burnout"...