Posts by steinweiner

I hadn’t even considered this.

Without the Kone speaker, the imprints won’t sound right. The Kone and imprints are specifically designed for each other.

Using other speakers might give decent results, but definitely not what was ever intended.

Most of the profiles I use are profiled with a V30, or just sound great through a V30 loaded cab...I bought the Kemper cab (..has the Kone..what else would it have??) thinking I wanted all of these different speaker type options, but nope, I like 1 or 2 maybe, so I don't need it. I hear it sounding pretty good for different types of cleans, but for the modern hi-gain stuff, either one of my V30 cabs already sound great (..of course I turn the "Cab" sim button off to monitor.) Again, the profuiles I use are profiled with V-30 or OS Recto V30 cab, so for when I need to be loud and have the air moving, I just plug my Powerhead into one of those cabs, still use the main outs for PA or recording. The Kone/cab just isn't for me. Love the Powerhead tho : )

Got everything updated..I've learned Im not a fan of the Cab... I get it...and I see how it works great for some..not my thing.. I find the built in cab sims that are on the profiles are great for recording direct, and my 1x12 V30 or recto cab work just fine for that (air in the room feel.) I guess I don't need all of the additional speaker options like I thought I did.

The current Rig Manager revision is 3.2. It will handle the PROFILER OS update automatically. If your current PROFILER OS is older than 7.3, it will perform a two step update of that OS. But first Rig Manager needs to be updated. This should also happen automatically. If it doesn't, reason might be that your PC OS is too old and doesn't support the current Rig Manager revision. Check compatibility on the KEMPER download page.

Thanks..My PC is only 3 yrs old..Weird..My Kemper is only a year old (...direct from Kemper..) Why do I have an OS system that is years old?!??!??! Did the update (took almost 30 minutes..I guess the Kemper boys have been busy updating!) Thanks for the hlep

Not sure about the stage, but my powerhead (using the Kemper controller) semlessly and instantaneously switches...no lag at all...When I play through my boogie and switch between channels and effects at the same time (Midi-midi octopus-OLD SCHOOL), I have to "anticipate" and switch "ahead" of the part a bit..The Kemper has no lag, and I don't even think aboout it.. I have a friend that uses the stage, loves it mainly because of "no lag" (..obviously the killer tones..) Sounds like a service ticket..

My approach is finding a great lead tone profile, copying it, then removing a touch of gain, the delay and reverb, and drop the voulme 3-4 db. Might even add a bit of presence to thelead as well if I'm playing in a "busy" band (two guitar players, etc..) Kind of like when I played through my Boogie years ago...Would turn off the delay and roll off the volume about 5-10 % (..very high gain)...

i know that video. i also watched the video of guido bungenstock at 48Volt Studio showing how they profile and refine.

did it the same way.

as i already said I am capturing the sound i want with the mic (sennheiser e906). it sounds great. but the profile is just missing body.

There is also a video that Michael Britt put out for profiling.. He mentions needing to ad a comporessor to help with that "natural" feel & punch....Really helps with clean to just a bit of an overdriven sound...Adding in that natural amp compression...Again, might not be addressing your exact issue ..just trying to help.

Not sure on this...I just profiled my Mesa Boogie MKIV with my Powerhead...did it in the same room, CRANKED.....I am using a complexed high-gain tone and didn't expect more than a digital "carbon" copy of the amp with it minimally sounduing and feeling like the original...I have to say I was SHOCKED at how close it got...The subtle feel, attack, bounce..all of those little things...I was skeptical at first, now I play through the Kemper profile I made more than the actual amp (ease of use, all effects everythign in one box..) The louder it gets, the better it sounds...I find that lower volumes (when pushing a guitar cab) are not as satisfying, and take a little more tweak to the EQ (..you think it would be the opposite).. The refining feature is key...I also use different tunings and profiled usinng diefferntly tuned guitars (a few at pitch, drop D, Drop B..etc..) really makes a difference as the bass response is a bit different on a lower tuned guitar...bla bla bla...this probably isn't helpful , just my experience..I also know that Kemper has issues with capturing certain amps..Victory Kracken comes to mind...just a few. It sounds like you are technicaly savy...I watched Rabea's video ion how he does profiles using a small mixer and multiple mics to capture the fullnes, etc... I bet some of the major profiling studio entities take it to this "next level" of profiling to capture "that" sound.... Rabea's video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use the Powerhead (Main outs to FOH) and thru a Recto 412 as my monitor/air-pusher. I have profiled my Boogie MK4 (..and also use 5153 EVH EL34 profiles- all done through oversize recto cab to begin with..) Honestly, I'm getting all kinds of that wanted harmonic overtone and feedback...If I A/B the Kemper MK4 against the real Boogie trhrough the same cab, I can barely tell the difference..(..and I'm a STICKLER for tube tone!) It's about 95% of the way there, more than inspiring and convincing enough to play through-moving that air ... I tried external poweramps for fun (Boogie 290/50x50 tube poweramps) to try stereo (Powerhead output for speaker is mono).. I found myself struggling with adjusting bass levels and frequencies (I was having trouble dialing out some mushiness/loose low end for the super high gain modern metal sound..) Got some great sounds, but when I just plugged the Powrhead back into the 412, boom! There ws the sound I was trying to get...

OK, but I notice one mistake. When on stage I go FOH through 2 mains out and directly in 2 inputs on mixer. So this is stereo.

I get my other stereo on stage for monitoring by using Direct Out and Monitor Out on my Powerhead, fed by 2 powered monitors

The profiler's screen then shows clearly stereo!

Not sure if this also works with two unpowered cabs because lack of volume.

The speaker out is most definitley NOT stereo...under any circumstance, or how many cabs you run off of it ot daisy chain. Your screen will always show stereo, but the true signal going to the speaker is mono. ...As all of the other users are saying on here.

Not sure what'd going on here.. You go out of the red speaker output jack (..with a normal speaker cable) right into your 412. Switch 412 to mono, or plug into the default mono input. Should be able to get way too loud real quick. I rum my powerhead into my recto 412, play with another guitar player using Boogie MKIV thru a recto cab as well. No problem with being loud enough with tons of room to spare. There is no way to run stereo out of the peaker of the powerhead, it is only a mono signal. For stereo, you have to gou out of the main outs into a stereo power amp or into a PA. This is fact. There has never been a stereo speaker out. This is simply there to allow the player to have a monitor/speaker that pushes some air separate from the stereo main outs. Hope this helps.

I have both. EXCTLY the same. Literally not one smidge of difference. Using the exact same profiles loaded up from one to the other...In fact, I've used my custom (..my own) profiles and purchased profiles on a few other Kempers (gigs/jams, etc..)..Never had an issue with them sounding different...Something is wrong with your powerhead. The Kemper Support people are awesome, follow their lead/advice at thsi point. Good luck.

I have the powerhead..I use rig manager. You have to drag the files/profiles onto your desktop, then drag them into yourprofiles/performances..(Sometimes you can justy create a new folder on yoru desktop, drag all the files into that, then form there, drag into your rig in rig manager... I couldn't get the thumbdrive to ever work..

Something is wrong as others have said here..I have the powerhead, run through a recto 4x12...The other guitar player has a 50 & 100 W Marshall. We play LOUD...I have no problem keeping up or being not loud enough. Just run 1 4x12 @ 8ohms. Shoul dbe PUNISHINGLY loud.