Posts by Blind By Noon

Hmm, years ago, I remember reading an interview with a boutique amp manufacturer — I don't recall who — and he said his sales went up dramatically when his amps were included in some Line 6 gear and some plugins. Now, this was before the Axe-FX and Kemper were popular, and definitely before the Line 6 Helix, so those modelled tones wouldn't have been indistinguishable from the real thing. Perhaps people are exposed to Friedman or whatever in these devices and then lust after the actual amps? I'd like to think so anyway.

It was Carol Ann amplifiers - Alan Phillips

Alan also stated that he worked with Fractal to create a model of the Triptik 2 inside the Fractal, before he actually created the amp. The Fractal modeling (in advance), helped him understand what it would sound like when it was actually built.

I am a long time Axe FX user (Ultra, Axe 2, AX8 and Axe III).
    I recently tried a friend's Kemper and then sold my Axe 2, to buy a KPA.
    Kemper and Axe are just different paths to the same solution - great tone.

I do think the KPA sounds a tad more realistic than the Axe...which is why I bought one.
    But the Axe can be dialed to sound close to identical to the Kemper. (I'm making that statement for a reason).

Some of the MBritt profiles were just almost perfect. I dialed in a touch more bass/treble, and BOOM, I'm done.
    With the Axe, it sometimes takes more time to get there....but you can get there.
    I have found myself recently taking a Kemper profile I love, and trying to recreate it in the Axe. I can do it...but it kind of points out that I'm finding the right tone in the Kemper, quicker.
    Getting a good tone out of the Kemper is quicker than with the Axe (for me). But if you want to do DEEP editing, the Axe has more to offer there.

Still love my AX8 for gigging, and I am keeping my Axe III because I believe Fractal will evolve that product to an incredible new level.
    But if you want to get an amazing tone quickly, I have found the Kemper to be easier.
    My only regret with the Kemper is that I didn't try it sooner. I love it.

(also, I'm new to the forum obviously....so hello!)

Not sure, if every PROFILER owner would like to afford an EtherCON connector in the PROFILER, even those who don't need it or where the connection is safe.

You don't need an Ethercon cable. Ethercon jacks will accept either an Ethercon cable, or regular Ethernet cable.
    I agree that an Ethercon jack should have been used. There is zero downside, other than maybe an additional $1 of cost.