Posts by drop the sun

Hi all! It’s been a while since I’ve been here.

Quick question:

Has the footswitch problem with Kemper Stage been fixed or does it still happen to some users?

I bought a Stage when it was released, but had to return it because it had this FS problem. It seemed, that many others had the same problem back then and I decided to buy Kemper Head instead.

Now, that the time has gone by… I’d like to buy a new Kemper Stage. :)

I am with a small, mostly not as vocal group of persons awaiting the release of a couple videos that simply walk through all the amp models that are to be included in the initial QC release. Capture technology is cool, but not ground breaking as Kemper as "been there done that," and Neural is giving their take on the established process. But the amp models included are very interesting to me.

Are these "models" or undisclosed captures, or possibly a capture run through a derivative modeling process for improvement or enhancement?? The Neural software amps previously released, claim neither to be models or captures of vintage or current amps, but we all have suspicions that they were software recreations of some "real" amps. Or not?

Please bring on the flood of QC preset walk-through videos while we wait on release. Give us something more than capture comparisons, which have demonstrated quality, but nothing breakthrough and World shattering. Please?

Here we have few presets/Amp models demonstrated:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper is and will be iconic Profiler, that is proven to be excellent tool for guitarists all over the world. Plus I really like CK’s business style, where everything isn’t about profit.

About QC. Time will tell how everything will work in the big picture. So far it is looking a promising unit with a new way of thinking. The formfactor is appealing same as its userinterface.

I just read from Doug Castro:

1. When the pc/mac editor is out you can make backups in your own computer, harddrives etc.

2. Vendor can sell his Capture packs from his own site. It goes like this: You go into MBritt site, buy his Pack and he shares that pack for you in the Cloud server.

I've asked Doug to clarify whether sellers will be required to use the cloud to sell captures and presets, or if they'll be able to sell them on third party websites using a third-party server (unaffiliated with the cloud) to store and distribute them.

Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully it gets answered. But I am pretty sure, that Neural DSP is aiming to offer every content inside the cloud. But let’s see.

C’mon dude! What? ;(

Kemper has free profiles from users in Rig Exchange. QC has this same thing.

3rd Party vendors sell Kemper Profile Packs. Same thing in QC.

You are highlightning this ”EVENTUALLY” part from Doug’s answer: In English -> Eventually there will be section for 3rd party vendors to sell their Captures and presets.

From Doug:

What I meant, and should've said was that we want to create the best free sharing platform in the world, and within it, eventually, also implement an elegant solution for professional, commercial users to sell their products in a way that protects their intellectual property while providing a better experience for our users.

That's all there's to it.

No Drama. No Conspiracy.

Doug Castro has just clarified, that their Cloud Service will be 100% free and want it to be mainly big userspace with users own tones and captures shared to others as free.

There will also be 3rd party section for vendors to sell their commercial Captures.

So no drama, everything works pretty much the same as in the Kemper world. But everything is focused in one place: in the Neural DSP Cloud service.

The cool thing with QC and Capturing a rig is this:

1. Captures seems to be very accurate at this point. So no worries, it is looking great.

2. What is even more exciting is, that the Modeled amps in QC are using this same machine learning technique as the Capture, but it goes even deeper and creates a ”fully authentic amp model” that behaves like the real deal.

Like always, we will see how this ends up going. But I am very excited at the moment!

Well at this point QC beeing the new kid on the block, it has pretty big job to prove it capabilities and of course these comparison videos are a must have.

This time coversation has moved into the direction, that profiles has been done wrong or ”of course we can get Kemper sound the same after little tweaking”. This just proves, that QC has hit the home run in Capturing amp tones.

It looks like the QC has proven, that it can Capture the amp tone as good or maybe even more accurately, than Kemper.

I could not believe this might happen, but after all the HYPE starting from the announcement of QC about a year ago it actually seems to deliver!

Kemper is as great unit as it was yesterday. I feel bad when comparison talk turns into this direction, where suddenly Kemper is inaccurate at profiling. So far Kemper has been one of the best if not the best sounding Digital Amp solution.

While we keep all this in mind, QC is looking to be the Next Gen Big Name in the game. Time will tell.

These kind of upgades would be nice of course, but TBH I am super happy with my Kemper.

I have about 350 Profiles in my Kemper... 300 of them are there ”just in case” and great to have and like 40 of them are just great variations of the tones (different Amps) I like and about 10 Profiles are my main tones I use the most.

Then there is the Rig Exchance where it is fun to just ”relax and jam” with random Profiles... and sometimes find something special.

This feature would be very nice. But I see it might be difficult to make it work in practice. Think of what happens if the Profile has MID for example at 10 to start with? I don't see how we could get the authentic behavior?

It would be cool if we could make just two profiling tasks from the amp, where first we profile the Amp EQ and Master/Gain at minimum (1/10) and in the second run we Profile these knobs at MAX (10/10) and Kemper Profiler could create authentic, full amp profile where all these knobs behave like in real life of that amp.

I know this is just me dreaming tho.

I just read an old interview with CK (2011) where he mentioned this about the amp EQ:

The equalizer is another obvious tool to go beyond (the physical range of the profiled amplifier). We are building up a library for passive tone stacks so every amp can be equipped with the corresponding equalizer, even after the profile has been captured. The tone can be shaped then as on the original. But you can even choose another passive tone stack for your profile, or even a studio equalizer, that goes far beyond the boundaries again.

Has this been done and I have somehow missed it?

I bought Peter’s Crazy Pack and have to agree: it is amazing and his Profiles work very well for my taste. I mean, there is so many great Profiles, that it is absolutely imposible to pick a favorite.

You were right. GGD Pack doesn’t have a change compared to Peter’s Profile Pack. Thanks for this tip!!

Happy New Year!

[Blocked Image: https://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/168276.jpg]

My Band released our first Single: Atlas Sky

I used Kemper Profiler for the guitars and I gotta Admit... My Guitar tones are amazing in this record!!!!

Mainly PRS Archon Profiles were used this time.

You can support and follow my band. Means a lot for us!

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/AfterBearBand

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/afterbearband

Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/after_bear_band/

Hi to all,

I have used my Kemper Kabinet few months now and I’m really liking it. I thought I’d ask how other Kone/Kabinet users are using the Sweetening and Directivity parameters?

For me, after several testings with different volumes/home/rehearsals... I have ended up liking Sweetening at ZERO and Directivity at 10.

IMO raising the Sweetening added something ”unnatural” to the tone, that I didn’t liked. With Directivity I liked to get all the ”Precence and life” out of the Imprints by turning it full on to 10.

Do you guys have the same or totally different experience?