Posts by drop the sun

Here is a little demo where I use KSR Gemini Amp and four different IRs. All the settings are the same, only IR is changed.

Guitars Only

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In A Mix

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There has been very little talk about this Profile Pack and I think there should and I’ll tell you why.

1. Every amp is dialed in with good balance. I’d say they’re in the perfect sweet spot. No grazy mid scoops or boomy/muddy bottom end etc.

2. Lot of amps, but only one Rhythm & one Lead tone from each of them. (This is a good thing and you’ll see why). Let me say, that the amp collection has everything that a High Gain player needs!

3. Amps are profiled without the Cab, so you have perfect Profile of it and you can use any cab or IR to get the most authentic tone out. Rhythm and Lead tones do come with Mesa and Zilla cabs and they are good cab captures.

4. The power of IR is the thing why I say it is great to have only ONE nicely dialed in Amp. In this case there are TWO (Rhythm/Lead). Cab (IR) affects the tone so SO much more, than slight changes on the Amp EQ. Like said, all the amps are dialed in great... dare I say neutral? In a good balance is maybe more suitable. Now I have few of my favorite IRs, that I can change in the Cab section to have very different tone and I say drastically different. I get many great tones out of only one amp by simple changing the IR in the Cab section. It is easy and it is quick!

So there is my opinion of this Profile Pack. The tones are amazing out of the box, but all the amps sound so great, that you’ll get even more out this pack by trying different IRs/Cabs. I know that many Kemper users rarely use IRs, but give it a change!

I bought Ritter Camplifier 280 for my UnPowered Profiler Head last summer.

I run it to Kemper Kabinet and have been happier, than ever before in my tones.

The thing, that Ritter Camplifier is integrated behind the Kemper Head is so cool. It is the Best option to upgrade your UnPowered Head version to Powered IMO. 8)

Hi,

at yestedays rehearsals I got several times this problem:

I used one Performance, that has five rigs. When I changed between rigs the sound didn’t come out. After pressing the switch few times the sound came back... very odd and I have never seen this happen before.

my Kemper has the newest Official Firmware.

I had first rehearsals with the Kabinet today. I used it in a FRFR mode. Sound was really beefy and LOUD ( With Ritter Camplifier 280). Gotta say it was one of the best Live tones for me ever...

Actually the sound was so beefy, I had to place my Kemper Head away from the top of the Kabinet ’cause it moved everytime I palmmuted... Goddam!!!

Kone Mode and "Monitor Cabinet off" both have to be enabled in the Output Section to access the imprints - otherwise they are greyed out.

yes, this is OK in my setup as well.

I might be stupid, but am I doing something wrong...

It seems, that the Studio Profile does pass the Cab section after all (On the Cab Menu’s Page 2, there is Imprint active). The tone does change, but the ”amp in the room” tone is way different with Studio Profiles vs Direct ones. Is this just the way it is or am I missing something? This is the reason I started to suspect something is wrong.

With studio profiles the imprints sound very much like a Cab with a mic, just somehow different.

When I choose a Profile that is a DI version without a Cab it sounds very raw.

Also changing imprints in Studio Profile the change between different imprints is more noticable, than what it is with Direct Profiles.

To make it clear: For example Tone Junkie Studio Profile vs DI profile are like a day and night different with Kone mode and imprint active.
    :/

CAB button in the stack section needs to be on if you are using the imprints. Once you are in Kone mode, when listening to a studio or merged profile, the KPA ignores the cab section of that profile in the monitor output ( but applies it in the Main Outs).

yes exactly! This is how I read it should work. But the Cab isn’t bypassed until I press the Cab Section button to OFF.

I might have a little problem, that I can’t seem to solve.

I have Ritter Camplifier 280, Profiler Head and Kabinet. I have connected my Profiler from Monitor OUT to Ritter INPUT.

Problem is, that when I want to try Studio Profiles with Imprints, I have to manually disable the Cab section. Shouldn’t the Cab section be Globaly OFF From the Monitor OUT?

I think I’m done with searching my ”Perfect Digital Amp Rig” with Kemper + Ritter Camplifier + Kabinet + Remote.

Man this thing sounds good! I mean Kemper + my Atomic CLR is super nice setup... But Kabinet just sounds even better!

External Content www.instagram.com

I ordered Ritter Camplifier 280 for my Toaster and Kemper Kabinet about a week ago and both just arrived. Excellent customer support from both companies.

Hi guys!

Here is my PRS Archon Rig, that should be in a Tesseract Ballpark. I just uploaded it to the Rig Exchance (Rig Name is Tesseract Rhythm 1)

Hope you guys like it.

I use low tuning a lot (Main guitar is 8string).

As said the usual Low Cut from 80hz to 120hz and High cut from 8000hz to 12000hz will help to balance the tone.

Also cutting about 1-2dB (with narrow Q) somewhere between 125-300hz will get rid off some of the muddy frequenzies.