Posts by drop the sun

If you're on Windows, there's a hotkey that I only recently discovered even though it's been around forever. Window Key + the left or right arrow will resize the app to 50% of the monitor width and then dock it to the left or right side. I use this a lot with RM as it gives you two perfectly sized instances, side by side, each with maximum real estate.

You may already use this but thought I'd share just in case.

Thanks for this tip! I use macbook pro, but will have to find a hotkey for this .

Hi guys!

I got my Toaster + Remote yesterday. This is my third time owning a Kemper. Maybe now I'm going to be more active in this forum... :)

So I had a Toaster last year, but also had the AX8 at the time and didn't want to use my money on a Remote... So the AX8 won for being more practical for me.

Then I got a Kemper Stage as soon as it was released and ready for shipping. Unfortunately it was defective and it seemed, that other users had several problems with the unit as well. So i returned it and didn't want to try my luck again with that product because of the high % of defective units...

Well here I am now after I got a good deal of a used Kemper Toaster + Remote. I really like the tones Kemper offers and that is the reason I made a compromise and got this setup after the Stage "failed on me" . (I prefer Floor models in general). But I saved some money and now I have all that I need for home and Live playing.

So, for the third time... CHEERS!

-DTS

Hi to all!

I have few likely simple questions i'd like to know:

I'd like to know, that does it matter where I store my Profile Folders after i have drag and drop them in to the Rig Manager? In english: when I drag and drop profiles to the RM, are the Profiles copied inside the RM own filesystem?

Should I open second RM window for building Performance rigs? So one window has my Profiles open and other has the Performance window and I could drag and drop the Profiles I wish to use in performance rig? Or is there a better way of doing it? I have only build performances using the Kemper alone so far.

It didn't survive 3 days in my bedroom. Hoping Kemper will be changing the building ways. They've said the foot switch problem has been sorted and changes are on the assembly line now. Just waiting for the rest to be confirmed, they are waiting for my unit to return to investigate the broken knob issues. So unit's being sent out now could potentially still have this broken knob issue.

I shipped my Stage back to Germany today and decided to get a refund. It was a cool unit, but I don't feel good paying 1600€ to get a unit, that has both Hardware and Software issues.

Maybe someday I'll give Kemper a new chance.

Hey drop the sun how did you find out they've fixed the issue on the new units? I've returned mine for a refund. Thinking of buying a new one (so my 30 day money back guarantee starts from scratch) and testing it rigorously to see if the issues have been dealt with properly. Nervous as mine had no stomp switch issues... but a billion other issues haha.

The Kemper Support said so, when I emailed with them. I'm on a fence of doing the same thing and giving the Stage a one more shot.

I recently updated my Stage to the latest firmware and I am having trouble with foot switch 2 not responding to presses in any mode. I have opened a ticket. No response from Kemper support yet. Anyone else have this problem? The switch doesn't feel any different than the others but nothing happens when I hit it. It was working with the original firmware.

This is interesting if the footswitch problem would be software issue after all. If only I could downgrade the OS back to 7.0 and test this. I was on 7.1 already when I noticed, that one of the footswitches didn't work well.

I found more and more hidden problems as the days went on. The quality does not justify the price for me. I had originally planned on exchanging mine for a replacement unit but instead i'll be asking for a refund.

I'm hoping in 6 months time this forum isn't full of problems listed and then I'll think about it again. But honestly it's beyond disappointing and even replacement parts sent to me did not work which leads me to think it's deeper than a surface parts problem. The quality is just poor. If you are posting on here because your unit has no hardware faults... I wouldn't risk it is my friendly advice. I had new hardware faults appearing as time went on. Yours might seem fine now, but it might not be. You have 30 days return as it says on the Kemper website.

LiamUK I didn't find your posts annoying, I found your feedback thought provoking and interesting to see an array of perceptions and to be honest if I was reading this forum thread without owning a Kemper, I also wouldn't buy one. Kemper are hard at work on software issues but I hope they're also hard at work on hardware issues instead of just sending out more units in the blind hope that they work ok.

Unfortunately I'm doing the same: Sending my defective Profiler Stage back and getting refund.

It is really sad, 'cause the Stage looked so great product. But it let me this feeling, that the release was rushed. After all these hardware and sofware problems the quality of this product didn't match the price tag for me.

Got told to buy a large proper box to ship back but instead I'm getting them to post me a returns box. Will take a week to arrive they said. Then a week to get my faulty unit back to them. And then a week to get the replacement unit to me. So 3 weeks no Kemper unfortunately means I'll be missing out on some gigs. I'm going to ask support if it's easier to just refund that one and I'll buy a new one.

Anyone know any good backups? If you don't use a guitar cab (as was just hooking Kempers up to FOH and getting feed to monitors or IEM's. Any cheap pedals that emulate a cab that I can throw on the end of a small pedalboard and DI straight to PA?

I got confirmation from customer support, that my footswitch problem is a defective hardware as I 99% knew already.

They will replace the unit to a new one. But if I first have to send my unit to them before they can send me the new unit, then I'll probably just return the defective unit ja take my money back.

drop the sun such a shame. I've also just had a new problem with the browser knob not selecting rigs. I used to be able to scroll and push the button to select the rig. Now it works 2 or 3 out of 5 times I push it. Sometimes it will select it correctly, go to the main screen and then jump back to rig select screen as if i've pushed it. Think it could be a hardware problem with the knob, 2 other knobs are broken and you guys have broken stomps so i think its possible. Also having more software frozen screen issues where i cant select an effect. Then cant sync to rig manager.

Well yeah, I have had several software freeze problems too, but 'cause the Stage has Beta software I have not been too bothered about them.

But to be honest the first impression isn't that great with my Profiler Stage. It costs 1600€ and I don't feel too confident about the quality at the moment. I haven't used the hardware knobs and switches that much so far, but will test all of them now and see if there is other issues (like you had for example).

I'll see how Kemper support works and make my final decision of staying or leaving from this platform after that.

A friend of mine received one with the "Test Software". He just exchanged it for a new one.

I thought mine was safe, but yesterday on its first gig the 3rd Stomp Switch Started acting up. I thought it was like a software thing, but it's intermittent on either browser or performance mode. Sometimes when I press hard it works... sometimes works at normal...and sometimes it does nothing at all.

Already opened up a Support Ticket, but thought I'd post it here for the benefit of everyone!

Hi!

I have the exact problem with mine. Only that it is the first Stomp Switch in my case. I contacted the support today.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How many people are ordering a stage in the next few days ???

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I got the Stage yesterday. Looks and sounds awesome! 8) I just love the floor format and the Stage looks so badass!!

A simple IEC power socket like on the Stage (and a lot other 230V stage boards) does not look like it's rally stageproof. Fairly simple to put a locking IEC socket (the blue one) in it, right out of the factory.

Or a Powercon would even be better.

My power cable was very tight and when first plugging I had to force it in.

This problem was solved simply using more power attaching the power cable to the input. Thanks Ingolf for the tip. The input was REALLY tight.

Now if only I could get the Rig Manager to work...:P