Posts by thedancy

Still doesn't work, no matter what I have the output set to. I can verify that the signal is being sent TO the KPA and that the KPA is sending it OUT through the output, but I can't get the ******** thing to record. I've tried every routing possibility in Mix Control than I can think of, and every I/O assignment in Logic........ It worked last week. Literally last week.

The basic rundown is this.

I did this a week ago and everything worked. I changed up my settings, moved some cables around for band practice. Now NOTHING will work.

I have DI tracks already recorded.

I'm trying to reamp them, obviously.

Kemper input selection is set to Return Reamp Input.

Kemper Main Out -> Interface input 1.

Interface output 3 -> Kemper Return Input.

Kemper main output selection is set to Git Studio.

DI track is set to output 3.

Armed track is set to input 1.

Confirmed input 1 is functional via hooking up my guitar directly to it.

Confirmed output 3 is functional and traveling through Kemper via plugging my headphones directly in to the Kemper Main Output.

I don't know what changed from last week to now. I've tried every possible combination of inputs, outputs, settings, volumes, literally everything. All possible routing combinations in Saffire Mix Control. I don't know what the **** is going on. I'm about to break this thing in half.

So, if anyone out there uses that combination of equipment, PLEASE help.

The basic rundown is this.

I did this a week ago and everything worked. I changed up my settings, moved some cables around for band practice. Now NOTHING will work.

I have DI tracks already recorded.

I'm trying to reamp them, obviously.

Kemper input selection is set to Return Reamp Input.

Kemper Main Out -> Interface input 1.

Interface output 3 -> Kemper Return Input.

Kemper main output selection is set to Git Studio.

DI track is set to output 3.

Armed track is set to input 1.

Confirmed input 1 is functional via hooking up my guitar directly to it.

Confirmed output 3 is functional and traveling through Kemper via plugging my headphones directly in to the Kemper Main Output.

I don't know what changed from last week to now. I've tried every possible combination of inputs, outputs, settings, volumes, literally everything. All possible routing combinations in Saffire Mix Control. I don't know what the **** is going on. I'm about to break this thing in half.

So, if anyone out there uses that combination of equipment, PLEASE help.

Yeah, that's been my discovery. Wasn't sure if I was missing something. I'd rather not switch snapshots or presets in the middle of songs because where the Helix falls short for me is right there. There's ALWAYS a split second of silence switching over, making it very audible.

I also have some parts with momentary switches, so that makes it about impossible as well.

No biggie, though. I adore them both, and as I said, I do have the available space.

Now, if Kemper could just adopt the Helix UI...

I thought about that chain as well. If I used the Kemper's FX loop, wouldn't it place all Helix effects in the FX loop? I want to place certain effects "in front of" the Kemper, and then place some effects "after" the preamp? My understanding is that if I use the Kemper's loop, then ALL of the effects from the Helix would be placed in the loop, with none affecting my signal chain until after it has gone through the "preamp."

Example:

Helix chain - Guitar, Comp, Dist, FX send/return (Kemper), Delay, Reverb, Output
    KPA chain - Guitar, Kemper, FX send/return (Helix) Comp, Dist, Delay, Reverb, Output

So then all effects would be placed AFTER the preamp... is that right? I'm significantly less-versed in the Kemper UI. Is it possible to place certain effects before the Kemper, and certain effects after?

My issue with the midi commands is that ideally, I want to control both the profile changes of the Kemper and individual effects commands with only the Helix floor controller. This is more of a desire rather than a necessity. I was just curious as to whether or not I could shrink the stage footprint. I'll have to play around and see. There's no love lost if it isn't feasible. I have the board space available for both controllers.

Thank you so much for the reply!

So, I've scoured the boards and have some unanswered questions.

I'm using a KPA powered rack/controller, and a Helix rack/controller together. KPA for profiles, Helix for effects.

1. Since the Helix controller doesn't have MIDI out (which makes direct control impossible), but the rack does. Is it possible to run a midi cable between each rack unit and then route KPA controls to the Helix floor controller to be used in conjunction? (Snapshots for switching KPA profiles, then mode for switching Helix effects)

2. Is there any risk of damage to the Helix or KPA with the KPA being internally powered?

3. Anything wrong with this routing?

Guitar > Helix guitar input > Helix FX send > KPA front input > KPA direct output > Helix FX return (Helix send/return block inserted along chain) > KPA speaker output > Orange PPC212

Could I switch the KPA input to the rear to clean up the cables, and use the return input instead.

I'm sorry in advance if the answers to these questions are buried in a thread somewhere. I'm nervous, as I've spent basically my entire savings account on this setup. The KPA was bought used, and I'm sure is long out of warranty.