Posts by BluesmanCD

Doing a thread search, I've seen requests for this going back years and I'm shocked this hasn't yet been taken care of:

For sound and feel the Kemper Profiler rotary speaker effect is so much better than my HX Effects, (and while my Boss Rotary pedal had the features i need and sounded good, I noticed a drop in presence when in bypass.) But despite the advantages of the Kemper effect, for the things I use Rotary Speaker for, the slow speed is too slow and the fast speed is way too fast. If you can adjust the rate of virtually any other mod effect and you can adjust the ramp time between the fast and slow settings, why hasn't an an adjustable minimum and maximum rotor speed been added to the Rotary Speaker effect?

I read somewhere (not sure of my sources) that there was no effects spillover in the HX unit which, while it's not a problem in studio, is a very serious issue for a gigging musician.

Well, the point of the unit is to have virtual pedalboards at your feet. If you set up either stompbox mode (if you like doing the stompbox dance) or snapshots (if you want to change parameters on a press, set up four different sounds with multiple changes at your feet, etc.) basically everything that you would do with a stompbox pedalboard in front of you... you can set trails for your delays, etc. If you need to change presets... imagine unplugging yourself from one pedalboard and plugging into another; you're not going to have spillover there either. It really depends on knowing how to operate the unit.

I'm someone who had the HX Effects unit for about a year and just got a great deal on a used Kemper. I'm very impressed with the amps, but I have to agree with you on the effects. I think the new delays in the Kemper are the only aspect that are comparable, there are a lot more options for distortion, mod, etc, and the reverbs are way better in the dedicated effects unit, IMHO.

The setup I'm building right now is to use the Kemper as the amp setup for the HX Effects 4 cable method, and to also use it as the MIDI controller for the Kemper.