Posts by blandified

I have been playing my Kemper direct with IEM for awhile now and really enjoy it.

However, yesterday I was at a different place and went direct and was hearing myself through an on-stage monitor wedge.

I struggled with feedback the whole time and the wedge really was NOT loud at all. The only way to cut the feedback was to turn my volume pedal off or turn the guitar volume off, or else it would keep ringing. On higher gain stuff, the feedback would begin as soon as a turned the volume up without me playing anything.

I was mainly using the Morgan AC20 with Green Scream. I like the Green scream so much that I have one stomp that has 0 drive and another stomp with max drive on the green scream. I couldn't really play the max drive green scream as it would feedback almost immediately.

1.) I won't be able to test this for awhile since my normal location is IEM, but I will try turning up the noisegate. I might also try to add a noisegate into the stomp section too, but I can't see myself giving up a stomp since we only have 4 pre-stack spots. How high can I turn up the individual noisegates until it affects my tone or the dynamics of my playing?

2.) Almost all my rigs have "Green Scream" somewhere in the chain and I read in a few other posts that the Green Scream is prone to feedback. Is this the case for you guys?

3.) I am playing a Suhr Classic Pro with the stock v60lp pickups. I also noticed when I tapped the body of the guitar, I could hear the tap through the PA sound system... I never noticed this before with my other guitars, but that might have just been me noticing everything trying to solve the feedback problem. Could this possible mean that my input into the Kemper is somehow too sensitive?

Keep in mind I did all the normal things to get rid of feedback.... get further away, angle monitor wedge away from me, etc.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

That should work fine although you don't actually need 2 TRS cables. The switch on the Mission only needs a normal TS cable.

I did read that somewhere, but for sake of simplicity and not getting them mixed up, I just decided to use TRS on both. That way I just plug in and go without any thinking.

I am noticing a pattern, the path of least resistance is the one I always take hahah!

So I saw a couple videos of people connecting their mission EP1-KP volume/expression pedal into "PEDAL 3" on the remote and it's set up for volume already. I also watched the Mission videos on connecting everything (although these videos they didn't show how to connect to remote, but I think I know how maybe).

Let's say I buy these 2 TRS to TRS cables here: https://www.amazon.com/Audio20…ywords=trs+trs+cable+6%22

I plan on zip tying them together for ease-of-access and putting them into "PEDAL 5" and "PEDAL 6" of the remote to control volume and wah. I want to use 5 and 6 because I always have my volume pedal on the right side of my board.

1.) Will this work? I just go into pedal settings and set 5 to volume and 6 to SWITCH wah on/off?

2.) Do you think 6" zip-tied cables (in the amazon link) will be a good enough length? I want to make it as short as possible but still enough that it's not at an awkward angle lol.

If your amp can produce the sound you want to profile at a low volume, there’s no need to turn it up to profiling.

However, if the sound you want to profile is the sound of your amplifier turned up, you will need to turn it up to that Volume to be able to get that sound in the profile.

Got it, makes sense. Thanks!

Maybe I am overthinking, but say I figure out where I want the volume, but when I start the profiling dubstep, it's WAY TOO LOUD.

Is there a way to abort mid-dubstep so my neighbors don't complain?

Just Profile 'em together as you'd normally hook 'em up.

The beauty here is that due to your ability to make and store an "unlimited" number of Rigs, placing your real pedal into a stomp slot is effectively taken care of; you simply switch Rigs and the result will be the same.

That's a great idea!!! Thank you

I was also reading about the most effective way to profile and every one seems to say that the best way to get a good profile is run the amp pretty loud.

Since I live in an apartment, I probably shouldn't profile my amp then right? Haha, or does it need to be THAT loud? I have my amp in a padded closet so it's not TOO loud when I play, but is profiling with the dubstep noises that much louder?

I want to be considerate of my neighbors so I might just have to wait until I can profile at my family's house or something.

I'll keep this as short as possible.

For simplicity sake, I have been using my Kemper all by itself without outside pedals (which is great so far btw).

There is one pedal I miss though... my Monte Allums OD-308 (seriously, the best OD/tubescreamer/distortion pedal ever!).

I read a bunch of old posts about how you can technically profile pedals but you can't slot them in the "stomp" sections

1.) Is this still the case? You CAN profile a pedal but CAN'T put that into a "stomp" location in front of other profiled amps?

Additionally, I would like to profile my AC15 WITH the OD-308 in front of it.

The sound I get from the OD-308 with the drive halfway up into a slightly broken up AC15 is really an amazing sound.

2.) I have been watching lots of videos of profiling amps, but can I profile my amp with the OD-308 pedal connected in between the Kemper and AC15-input during the profiling process?

Thank you in advance.

My only concern would be with the internal height. Website says 10" (not sure if that accounts for extra space with the top of the case). Amp head is 8.5" and the remote is almost 3"... Any insight to that 397f7c95538961c9090da40b2b0b6e229b278069 ?

When I bought the case from Sweetwater (which I ended up returning when I bought the Thoman), the Sweetwater rep called me to confirm the case would fit my needs. He did the internal dimensions math himself and came to the same conclusion I did: both would fit.

I recommend buying through Sweetwater. Their customer service is great and if it doesn't suit your needs, their return policy is good and I received a full refund a day or two after they received the case back.

EDIT: after reading through your last comment, I should clarify how we did the math. We did the head standing up and the remote in front of the head... we didn't assume the remote would be on top of the head.

I just ordered a red sound passive lg12 Stack Version. (using powered Kemper) After contacting RedSound they told me that the shipment is free now for limited time.

I was not really satisfied with the sound of my passive 1x12 Vox cab. Was okay, but headphone always sounded better.

I will share my experience as soon as I get it.

THANK YOU! We need more reviews about this speaker because I cannot find a negative review. Everyone who has it says it's great. That's either a testament of the quality or that simply not enough of a sample of people have tried it.

I would buy one right now but I am still paying the Kemper itself off (lol).

You should create a thread and do some updated ongoing reviews when you get it.

Okay I have had my Kemper close to 2 weeks and LOVE it! Played it live yesterday with IEM and it sounded sooooo good. I have never liked the way mic'ed guitars sounded in IEM and at best they sounded okay, but yesterday was the first time the guitar sounded GOOD using IEM. FYI I was plugged direct into PA using XLR

As a side note, I haven't ever been this inspired from gear before. Even when I bought my Suhr Classic Pro, it didn't get me playing as much as the Kemper has!

Now I am looking for a FRFR. I have actually been researching FRFRs as long as I have been researching Kemper/Helix/Fractal, which is quite a long while.

And it seems that every recommendation on a FRFR there are 2 other opinions on another forum/thread that say literally the opposite.

Now I can't decide on what to get.

I realize that personal preference is a major deciding factor, but why is there no clear consensus on a FRFR?

When it comes to traditional guitar amps/cabs, people who don't like particular amps say "It sounds nice but not my taste." And when it comes to FRFR, people who don't like a particular FRFR speaker are STRONGLY against it and describe it as thin and processed and other generally non-flattering terms.

All this research is giving me paralysis :O

I have been recording with my Kemper the past 2 weeks and really like the way it sounds in headphones (and yesterday's live IEM), now I need a speaker.........

....and the more I research the less I know lol

Am I the only one? And why is there no consensus for FRFR's?

Thank you for the input! The recti shaper is what I was looking for, I haven't been able to make it screech quite how I want it yet but it's getting me on the right path!

If I can pick your brains on ANOTHER John Mayer tone since you guys are so awesome lol.

Here:

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I realize that probably most of the signature sound from this might be since John is using a hollowbody with some sort of cranked warm OD pedal. Even then, think the Kemper can replicate this when I play with my Suhr Classic Pro SSH?

During one of the solos over Belief (Live), I believe John uses an EHX Microsynth to give a cool high fuzz sound.

See here around 4:22

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can I get the Kemper to give a sound like this? Kinda like the Muff stomp but with more... "screech" to it? lol.

I would imagine an AC15 would give up the ghost on the cleans pretty quickly at any significant volume level. I wonder if you tried a AC30 or even higher in order to raise the clean ceiling so that it won't colour the sound too much then might that work better? Imagine how the Kemper would sound through, say, a Roland JC120. Now that's a clean amp that might not add any colour but would be super loud at any setting.

Definitely the AC15 has limited headroom and can break up at louder volumes. But what's nice about the AC15 is that fact that you have a channel volume knob and a master volume knob. So changing the ratio of these can get you varying degrees of clean vs breakup.

For examples:

1.) Lower channel volume but higher master volume = not much break up

2.) higher channel volume but lower master volume = more break up

You can sweep these to get the same volume but different amounts of break up. So couldn't we trial and error to find something that is clean through AC15 and will work with clean AND dirty profiles in the Kemper?

I might have some time this weekend to experiment, even though technically I "wouldn't be using the Kemper RIGHT"... lol I know I know. Just wanting to try new stuff.

Obviously not the same as FRFR, but just thinking out loud and I feel like the forums could use with a new topic to discuss.