Posts by Syntek

wow wow wow!!!!

Fivixx I purchased the HW from TAF as you recommended and I'm 100% stunned!!!! I love the sound of it!

Awesome!! I did not know that Andy profiled an actual Gilmour amp. What a gem.

Some ideas about using FXs. on this profile:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, exactly. Ground lifts and DI Hum killers are very useful solutions to have at hand. In this case they won't make any difference, based on the source of this noise.

About EMF, EMI, RF,potential airborne sources and the relation with the pickups. I don't have an EMF meter, but I did a basic test, no guitar at all: Kemper + Headphones + high quality cables (Mogami shielded gold contacts). I did ground the static noise by touching the connector (not the contact tip). Same result: during daylight no noise, at night the noise was back and I had to increase the noise gate around 3.0 to get rid of it.

So, as we all mentioned above, the source might be noise injected from poor power source. In fact, I see what you described, all over this place: dimmer illuminated pop art pieces, some neon lights, ceiling air fans, and cold beer in a refrigerator in the bar close to the stage. Nice and cozy place, but an electrical haunted stage. The owner needs to check this, for sure.

I will test a power conditioner, soon. Meanwhile, my workaround is drink some beers and add a bit of KP global noise gate!! Noise gone.

Depends what you're connecting to - sometimes a DI box between your KPA and the P.A. can help, since it separates the KPA from the rest of the setup. It's a bit overkill (DI is supposed to make an unsymmetric signal symmetric, while the KPA already delivers symmetric output), but the galvanic separation can definitely help on any ground noise issues.

Do you mean something like this?

- Behringer MicroHD HD400 Hum Destroyer

- Ebtech HE-2 HumEliminator

Does it color the sound?

Thank you guys for all your suggestions.

I followed your advice, except Wheresthedug’s “noise killer” 8o

1) I am not sure if KP Ground lifts would help in this case. Remember that during my early tests, the noise appears, even with nothing connected to the KPA but the guitar and headphones. I do have a KPA Head, by the way.

Anyway, since Live I use all the outputs, just in case, based in your advice, now I have all GROUND LIFT buttons pressed, except DIRECT OUTPUT. From the manual (pages 71 and 224): “At least one GROUND LIFT button must be off at any time (which means ”grounded”). Often you get best results if the DIRECT OUTPUT is the one connection with no ground lift.“ :thumbup: Hope this prevents further potencial issues.

2) I’ve made additional tests today. I believe this venue has some issues. Daylight sound check, no noise at all. 7/8PM the noise appears but with less intensity than previous day.

The noise disappears using the Global Noise Gate at 0.1 (at least today):thumbup:

My KP gig setup is usually very silent, but, in a new stage I am hearing electrical noise.

Maybe the venue's AC supply is poor, the outlets are not earthed well, the lights, etc..

Only when the guitar volume is down the noise is gone.

Just in case, I've tried isolating the usual suspects from my gear, by keeping it simple, just guitar/kemper/headphones; zero gain profiles (Kemper factory rigs); different shielded guitars (no single coils), different high-end shielded guitar cables. I've tried RFI and EMI filtering like Furman power strips, but the noise is still there.

- Could you share some tips to deal with "noisy" stages or bad electric conditions and Kemper?

- What device would you recommend to kill any electric static noise, ground loops, AC noise/hum, electric magnetic interference, etc. in a single box?

Happy new year!. Finding a very good PinkFloyd tone, is very subjective and personal taste.

It depends, what specific song do you want to achieve? what era? what about the guitars, pickups, or the speakers you are using? Anyway, you have several options:

1. Commercial Profiler support.

I am sure the profiler who made the rigs you purchased, thinks that those are "very good ones" fo his ears. I guess you always can count on a good Profesional Profiler to help you tweaking his profiles with your own gear.

2. Tweaking the cab section and EQ.
    I would suggest change the cab section and IRs of the profiles and check if that gives you what you are looking for. You can use EQ, too.

3. http://www.gilmourish.com, the largest Gilmour tone reference on the net.

You can try to replicate those amps (HiWatt, Fender Bassman...), and pedals (BigMuff, Echorec, ProCo Rat, etc.) using KP stomps and profiles, or you can buy some pedals and use them with the KP.

4. Rig Manager keyword: "Pink Floyd" or "Gilmour"

5. Google "Pink Floyd with Kemper", you will find tons of content, like:

a) Kemper forum threads. Many covering this subject

b) Kemper Profiles, Performances and Presets, free or commercial from Maurizio70, Rigbusters, Fremen among others. Some of these guys played Pink Floyd covers professionally, so if it works for them, maybe it works for you.

Free: http://www.maurizio70guitarist…s-cover/pink-floyd-cover/

Commercial: https://fremenpresets.com/down…emper-pink-floyd-u2-pack/

c) Kemper Videos. Pick whatever sounds good to you. Some you tubers share the details of the settings

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hope you can find the tone you are looking for. Don't forget to share what finally worked!!

:thumbup:

Bought:

- OD/DS/Fuzz Pedals: The Duellist, Expresso FX Fuzz, King of Tone, BluesBreaker, Klon clone RYRA

- Custom pedalboard for KP Remote and Pedals

- VoodooLabs HEX to switch the pedals from the KP Remote

- Duesenberg Mike Campbell I guitar

Sold:

- Ibanez S 470

Wishlist 2020:

- FreqOut Pedal

- Gibson LP R0 Custom Shop

- Sell all my OD pedals bought in 2019, since Kemper 2020 updates will nail down all the best OD/DS and Fuzzes in the planet!!!

Same here. I was trying to switch an amp on a performance in RM (latest beta on MacOS/Kemper Stage), but it wouldn't let me drag & drop. Eventually I resorted to using the browse button on the Stage, but even then, the display showed the original amp profile name (MB Deluxe). Only if you held down the Amplifier button did you get the edit screen and could see that the amp had actually changed to a Vox AC15. Once you're out of edit mode, there's no way to tell - it still says MB Deluxe.

When this happens, in the KPA performance slot settings you can set the name of the slot after the name of the profile automatically.

You can use it pre- Kemper with no problem, but I prefer to place a loop in slot A and put it there. I like switching it on/off via Remote.

How do you switch on/off this pedal via Remote? Do you mean using a loop in slot A and MIDI loop switcher in Performance mode or is there another way to do it?

Keep it simple first. The signal chain: guitar+profiles+cabs+headphones should give the sound you are looking for, before going to your DAW or adding more gear to make it better.

If your guitar+PUs are the opposite of a "bright" guitar you better start from there.

If the profile sound is not bright enough for you, try changing the cab section, some cabs, speakers or IRs are brighter than others. There are tons of cabs available for you to try.

Most Kemper demos use double tracking and EQ post production to sound bigger. If the sound of that video is exactly what you are looking for, I suggest purchase the profile pack, and contact the Profiler directly. Profiler's support is outstanding.

Great 2019 for the KP community!! I am happy with the Kemper as it is, but I would love to see a roadmap like this:

1. Editor update: Graphic Equalizer, shall be a visual Equalizer. Better if the mouse could tweak the elliptical EQ graphic

2. New Overdrives, New Fuzzes, FreqOut stomp, Doubler Stomp (MIMIQ style),

3. Kemper Kone

4. A new head Profiler MKII, with two Profiles/Rigs routing (series, parallel), two stereo FX loops pre and post stack, USB audio in/out, dedicated aux-in, looper with memory or loop files synced with RM, innovate with a stereo tube powered version that does not color the sound, if such thing could exist. (like Synergy poweramp?)

Burkhard So, it won’t be possible in my toaster. But, Maybe at least I could select the source, one at a time.

Another use case: The Stereo Loop (external pedals) is placed in module B in front of the stack section, it is using both inputs Return input and Alternate input. I would like to connect an iPad to the KP using the Y cable method, as well. So, how could I switch between these two signals? A passive patch bay may work or should it be active?

Any other type of device?

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…nch-trs-balanced-patchbay

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…-balanced-patchbay-module

I would like to use, at the same time, the stereo loop with pedals and an external stereo audio source using the same AUX IN+Alternate Input jacks

Could you recommend any small device or pedal that can mix this two stereo loops?

Maybe something like this:

2 pair x Left/Right 1/4" inputs (one LR pair to the stereo pedal, one LR to the stereo audio source) mixed into a single pair LR 1/4" outputs that will be connected to the KP AuxIn and Alternate Input.

relatively new :) I'm here for almost 2 years. If only I had know I'd be active in the forum, I would've thought of a cooler name :D I guess you guys haven't been seeing us before much because we work with editor related things (so we didn't have any spare time to check the forum ;) )

kriwat gconrads Terrific work guys. congrats!!! My only suggestion to the Editor so far: the graphic eq shall have a graphic eq or display like the physical KP. Thanks guys!!