Posts by Syntek

What you think about this?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

has someone found a speaker for pc that sounds like an headphone? like i said my bose pc speakers sounded good but they didnt go that loud

Bose PC speakers sound good for music/gaming, but not necessarily translate an amp/IR well as a studio speaker or FRFR monitor. Same with headphones, Bose headphones are not the same as studio headphones. Anyway, there are no rules if that’s the sound you are looking for, so you may want to try HS8 with or without subwoofer with your PC.

If you are happy with the sound of your Kemper through headphones, everything is fine in the KPA and you have to work on your monitor and PC setup. Follow Martin and Alan comments above, that’s what I did to sound as I wanted in the HS7s.

Work on the studio monitors first, before adding your PC and other interfaces.

I do have HS7 monitors, they lack bass response, their purpose is to help a mix not to provide a HiFi sound nor a guitar cabinet feel moving air. I managed to fine tune the sound using Room Control and HiTrim, and adding an IsoAcoustics ISO155stands which help to extend bass, if your HS7s are in a desk. I did connected the KPA and the HS7 to a mixer in order to have more EQ and control the shrill and bass. That setup sounds good to my ears and translates very well what I hear in my mixing headphones from the KPA. Anyway, if you need more bass you can add a subwoofer. If you want more “feel like an amp”, additionally you can connect an FRFR monitor straight to your KPA. I’ve added a Mission Gemini, but there are other options like the new headRush monitors. If what you are looking for is a realistic amp in the room feel that’s a different topic.

I hear the difference in profiles, even the same amp with different cab section (IR) sounds different. (Like amps do).

You could elaborate a little bit more, describing your connections setup and what you hear using headphones. Make sure you have cabs on, space enabled and that you are comparing amps with significant tonal difference like a Marshall JCM vs a Fender cranked or a Mesa Recti for example.

Several alternatives and preferences. There's no "one size fits all". It depends on what you are looking for to suit how loud your band plays, the type of venue and what you expect for the style you play, is there another guitar player in your band? are you looking for "amp in the room/stage" experience for yourself or a good PA monitor to hear what your audience is listening to?, etc. ...

I've tried DXR10, Matrix FR12 and finally settled for a Mission Gemini 1 powered, it has an "EmPower EQ" that blends between flat and guitar cab freq. response.

But it looks that you are after MBritts path, so MB PowerTrain 50 worths your review. Tubes and guitar speakers color the sound, so I wonder how it handles different kind of high gain amps, or IR speakers, it worths to try.

Try to test your wishlist ordering from a retailer with 30days return option, if you can.

I don’t think so. The effect is determined by the load between the pickups and fuzz interacting. The fuzz has to be first pedal in the chain for that to work. If you put another pedal between the guitar and fuzz the effect no longer works when that pedal is on or if it has a buffered bypass. I think sending the signal from a loop in the KPA will behave like putting a pedal in front of the fuzz. Maybe Burkhard could confirm though.

And DonPetersen could give some insights about this, too.

The Cali 76 is based on the 1176 studio compressor which has an incredibly fast attack and a bit of character in the preamp stage. You also have full control over release and compression ratio as well as a blend control (like Mix on the Kemper) so it just has a great sound that isn't nearly as much of an obvious "effect" as it is a tone ans sustain enhancer.

Nice description. I'll try one if I have a chance.

Good choice. I have one on my old board. I keep thinking I should bring it out of retirement and use it with the KPA but I just can’t be bothered with extra cables and power supplies. I would really love to see the Kemper compressor updated to provide more uniques character rathen than pure transparency.

What is the difference between KPA's compressor stomp and Cali76?

I've been reading forum nite and day and now see how many glitches pop up and lots of troubles going on out there, I'm praying I dont have these problems..

Scott B Welcome to the forum. Nice to hear that you'll get a replacement of your faulty unit. I would not say "lots" of problems in the forum, though. That's relative. In fact, you'll see in the forum numbers published, that around 5% of total posts account to issues/troubleshooting threads and not necessarily caused by the KPA. But, be aware about your expectation. This world is ~90% made of software, so you know that every piece of software outhere needs updates to solve known issues or bring new features. Same here, just like computers and apps. The good news with KP is that updates and new features are free or charge, same hardware.

In my case, as other users, I've decided to install beta versions and test new KP features before they are released, so I am aware that things may happen. If you stick to official versions you should be ok.

I hope that your new KP works as you expect. With the profiles samples in your unit + the free stuff in Rig Manager and the top notch commercial profilers outthere, it is very likely that you'll find the tone in your head and then you'll want more. You have the forum and the user manual ofr everything else. Enjoy!