Posts by Syntek

In my case it was not related to that rig. But the issue was not frequent, neither. Maybe when I try different "big" reverbs loading the memory and scrolling Rigs quickly. Hard to tell. However, I am trying with the "instant preview" deactivated, seems to be working, so far.

A nice Kemper Profiler Stage Demo

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

urpilus I enjoy playing with headphones and backing tracks from iPad. It sounds same or better than my PA.

Sometime ago I've heard harsh sounds. I realized that it was my AUX-in setup. Once I had the Y cable properly connected to the iPad, problem solved.

Try to isolate the source. Just connect your guitar, kemper, and headphones, disconnect everything else. If you still hear harsh sounds, check every cable. Try with other headphones, too. If the problem persists, contact support.

Guys, do you have an idea when the new OS will be available for toasters and rack units?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Same issue with me. Some users that report this issue experience the same pattern:

- Kemper freezes while browsing profiles in the KPA manually while connected through a USB cable attached to RM in a Mac OS. It only happens when the USB cable is connected to the computer.

When the Kemper freezes, we turn off the KPA chicken knob and after 5 seconds the KPA actually turns off.

Support suggested some workarounds that does not prevent the issue:

- Updating to latest KPA version does not solve the issue. This happens with v6.0 but may have happened with v5.0, too.

- Changing the USB cable does solve the issue.

- There is no "MB Guy Ton V30 B3" rig in the KPA.

- Reported to support, but they are not able to reproduce the issue. Work in progress?

Suggested workarounds that may work

- It seems that disabling instant preview prevents the freezing in version v5.0. Pending to try this option with v6.0

I believe this thread, discusses the same issue:

Profiler Freezes when Browsing through Profiles

Unboxing the Stage

Phase would not be a problem.

But I think a dual (parallel) full Rig topology would not meet the requirements of most users that want to run dual amping, because you want to plug both amps into the same studio effects most of the time.

Am I right?

That’s right. I guess this started it because some artists use that setup live for example JMayer blending a TwoRock,Dumble,Fender as a single amp, JBonamassa, Josh Smith, etc. that’s expensive with real amps, so some users would like to experiment that with digital.

I’ve seen some Profilers offering amp blends, too.

It’s a nice to have but not a core feature like new drives/fuzzes or other top in the feature request list. Maybe the KP signal flow makes this feature more difficult to implement, but if there is an option to convert rigs into stomps it may help?

I've updated to the latest version (beta?) but still it freezes while browsing when connected to the computer and RM.

I did report the case to support, but no solution since it can not be easily replicated.

Do you mean that disabling instant preview prevents the freezing?

What I was not expecting is that this unit still doesn’t have a bidirectional USB audio, does it?

I understood why back in 2011, it was not part of the original design/vision of the product.

But, regardless of respectable opinions that this feature may or may not be needed, the fact is that now in 2019 ALL floor/rack units and amp modeling related gear in the market (you name it), include USB-audio as standard.

Not a dealbreaker, though.

We have to congratulate Mr Kemper. This time he delivered it before any roadmap announcement, just a surprise.

I wonder if this week we will have another surprises: editor, new drives/fuzz, Kone, etc.

there are new Jensen Speakers D Series for Kemper

maybe they are available

anybody tested them ?

Fender seems to be using a custom version of those N12D, in their new tonemaster Deluxe reverb and Twin reverb modeling amps. the speakers are Jensen N-12K neodymium and sound like this:

I do have a PRS Silver Sky 7.25", very comfortable neck, you can bend without any issues and the PUs are great for JM tones. I don't have big hands, but thumb over the neck is OK, although this is not the thinnest strat neck out there. (neck dimensions .830 1st - .950 12th fret, 1.656" width at nut)

You could play with your thumb over the neck with 7.25" or 9.5" radius. The neck profile and dimensions will impact how comfortable you feel playing chords with your thumb. If you have a chance try Fender's custom shop thinnest neck: '60s oval C shaped (.790 1st - .930 12th fret, 1.65" nut, 9.5" radius) and let me know how it feels.

If you don't want a high end option, Fender released Vintera Series MIM (Neck profile: Mid-'60s C, .820 1st - .950 12th, 1.65" nut, 7.25 radius). I can't tell how this compares in quality to CustomShops or PRS.

Anyway, choose the neck that works for you regarless specs, and don't worry about the pickups you can easily change it.

Warning: If you are trying to play Neon fully with your thumb over the neck, forget about necks, you'll need giant thumbs anyway or you better use another technique as the rest of the mortals.

I don't think that we have official statistics about the % of Kemper users recording with the KPA. That could be a nice subject for a poll in the forum, though, since the KPA provides many applications.

However, I've found it. This was Mr. Kemper's answer back in 2012: "The KPA Hardware is not really prepared for USB audio streaming". USB Audio & Reamping.

Although the USB audio feature is a convenient nice to have, and it is included in most digital amp related gear pro/amateur (Fractal, Helix, Mission cabs...), it is not a deal breaker for me, I don't record. I just need it to use the FX stereo loop while backtracking an external audio source in the KPA.

My BIG question has been this: Is there a way to record into an Ipad pro using Garage band out of a Kemper?? Is there an interface that could be used for this?

Yes, you will need an external USB audio interface, and a USB adapter for your iPad.

https://www.gearank.com/guides/ipad-audio-interface#14139

A similar setup like this:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.c…rett-interfaces-via-usb-c

Tutorial: Youtube "Kemper Profiler Tutorial - Output (Recording)"

jestremera1

Works pretty good for me.

You will need to buy a cable like this.

https://www.amazon.com/TRS-Dua…Audio-Cable/dp/B0795VR79W

This tutorial shows how to do it: