Posts by Syntek

@steveboss007 are you getting the “artificial” tone when you play through headphones (cab sim on), too? If BM profiles sound good for recording, and your headphones deliver the tone you want, I don’t see why they would not sound good for live with some live tweaks? It sounds that the artifacts you are hearing are coming from somewhere else in your signal chain. Where are you hearing the artificial tone, FOH, or your power cab on stage.?

You could try changing cabs/ir in your kemper rig, or your power cab /frfr type of sound is not what you are expecting at louder volumes live and better you go for a regular guitar cab in that case.

Yes, I have that pack. It is good but sounds too thin. Everything from BM sound good to me for recording, but for live, too thin.

It would be great if Rig Manager could allow to configure signal chains with more than 4 effects pre and post stack, while giving the option to set just 4 pre and 4 post stack effects into the physical stomp buttons and assign 4 remote buttons as usual.

We do have a lot of tools to shape the sound pre or post stack, like double tracker, widener, EQs, loop, transpose, etc., a lot of interesting stuff that coupled with other effects, it is very hard to be constrained to 4 stomp slots. For instance, some of those sound shaping stuff in a signal chain may be used always-on in a Rig and they do not really need an on/off switch through the stomp buttons or remote switches. Those could be easily configured just from the RM.

Although Randy Rhoads is already in the Collection, with CrazyTrain, there were other great players and different signature tones in ozzy’s band that worth a tribute.

Jack E Lee, Ozzy Back at the moon or Shot in the dark

Zack Wylde, Ozzy Mama I’m coming home.

I think that's the key point.

It's their choice to keep their "business secrets" or to share everything (open source style).

And a third choice: monetize it. Some artists prefer to sell their profiles/presets or develop new ones for commercial purposes. Some others partner with companies to “bundle” their tone and settings in pedals or other piece of gear. EVH included.

When I reverse the Range control to -100% it does the job. When wah stomp is on, wah goes silent and then present as you press the expression pedal. If we need the usual wah behavior, the wah booster has to be off or their range control has to be changed (using morph for example).

However, outside that use case, I don’t quite understand the potential or use of this booster. If I don’t engage the wah, I can use the expression pedal to control the volume anyway, and use a regular boost when wah is on.

How you guys are using this Wah Booster? If feel that I may be missing something here.

I would like to play volume swells using a Expresión pedal and a boost. Volume swells+a boost stomp engaged work pretty well.

I want to get the same result, but experimenting with Wah Pedal Booster.

From the manual “With the Wah Pedal Booster, you can use the Wah Pedal to control the volume, instead of having to use a dedicated volume pedal. The parameters are identical to the Volume Pedal parameters”

I have the Volume pedal set to INPUT, a Wah Pedal Booster in Stomp A set to 44% not enabled and a Wah not enabled in Stomp B.

When the volume pedal is at zero, the guitar sound is completely silent, as expected, but if I engage the Wah Pedal Booster, I get guitar sound.
    I was expecting the same behavior as a regular boost engaged in this scenario, i.e. no sound.

What is the typical use of the Wah Pedal Booster? What am I doing wrong?

Pretty simple, I guess. The EQ button in the Stack section should be dedicated to all post amp or post cab (selectable) EQ stomps/presets. So, we get an additional slot and X stomp could be used for effects.

If your are looking for a particular sound, use Rig Manager, look for Kemper Rig Packs and try all the Legend Tribute Packs, there is a lot of familiar tones covered on those Rigs. Pick your favorites and change the effects as you wish. Search Kemper Legends playlists on Spotify and check what tones are waiting for you.

algorithm1010 here an example of artists saying what profiles they are using. You can find online content showing artists referring to commercial profilers that they used like Top Jimmy, STL, ToneJunkie, Michael Britt, …

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What would be killer is if these videos used free profiles, with links to the rigs demoed. I've recreated a few of these effect sounds with profiles I have, but it's incredibly tedious to look at the settings on screen and then translate to RM or the KPA itself.

yeah. I agree. A Tone Show pack would be a great addition to KP Rig Packs

I'm posting this for quick reference on dialing in the EVH 2000's (Live) Brown Sound.

Comments: I always thought I was cheating on my tuning by setting some strings a few cents off. I guess not! 8)

I’ll try that tuning, thanks for sharing.

If someone has one of those pedals, it would be cool to post the closest KEMPER fix settings, just for fun.

With a powered kemper and a 4x12 stack, you should not have volume issues. You did not describe how much power your bandmate is delivering. What about his EQ settings? Mid scooped? Treble boosting? Do you have the same volume as him or is this just an EQ cutting issue? Are you getting sucked by your reverb or too much gain compression?

A 2 guitar band where players harmonize and give a musical outcome is a lot of fun. Talk to your guitar mate, experiment together, for your solos dial in more high end than you would playing by yourself, use less lows/bass, less gain helps, too. If the other guitar díals the same EQ approach as you do during your solos, it makes no sense, reach an agreement about the guitar balance.

Check this link for more EQ ideas.

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…ock-guitars-live.2009593/

Another take to cut through live in a 2 guitars band, additionally to amp EQ settings (either valve or digital), volume, loud speakers and cabinets, is the type of guitars and pickups. Many 2 guitar bands try to use different guitars or pickup setups, or even different type of speakers/amps, in order to complement each other and don’t compete in the same frequency, giving each a different sound color.

Many examples:
    AC/DC Gibson SG + Gretsch

GNR Gibson LP + Gretsch or Tele

Def Leppard, Whitesnake LP+Super Strat

Steve Vai band SuperStrat+PRS

Rolling Stones, Maiden, too. You name it. Just another alternative.

You can upload your Rigs to Rig Exchange public cloud.

There are more than 18K rigs in the cloud, as of today.

However, if you upload commercial profiles that would be an issue due to copyrights.

An option to sync RM with a private cloud would be a nice RM upgrade feature.

Thank you guys. You nailed the source of my issue. It was the stereo setup in a mono system. I’ve tried your tips successfully.

Option A) Using KP Master Mono or Monitor mono, did the trick.

Option B) Using a mixer, (I need it for the rest of the instruments/vocals anyway), I go KP Master Stereo —> mixer (using two channels) —>mixer mono output —> Bose.
    This way I don’t have to change KP output presets and I still have the option to use a stereo setup through the mixer stereo output.

Terrific output flexibility we do have with the KP. :thumbup:

I would like to use a Bose L1 Pro as a Portable PA with my Toaster.

Although I did disable Bose’s reverb and EQ settings, I perceive some latency or reverb added in that system. That issue is noticeable playing mid/high gain profiles with long delays and no reverb in the Kemper.

I don’t get this issue through my monitors or headphones.
    l’ve seen some Line6 videos and early Kemper Demos in NAMM shows through Bose L1 and sound good.

I’ve tried some of Bose L1Pro guitar presets available in their app, and connecting to the different L1Pro 1/4” channels, but I can’t get rid of that extra reverb or lag.

Does anyone has experience using Kemper and Bose L1Pro line? Please share your signal chain, tips and settings. Thanks

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.