Posts by Syntek

Disconnect the keyboard amp for any testing. Just use your headphones to keep it simple.

I believe Kemper ground lifts will not work in this case, since you don’t have anything connected to the KP outputs for testing purposes.

The cable test should not be louder, make sure you touch just the plug of the cable not the top tip. If you disconnect the cable completely do you still hear the noise through you headphones?

It appears only with my electric guitars, It disappear when I touch something metallic on the guitar (bridge, strings, pickups ...)

I have the same problem with all my amps in the house not just the kemper

And the problem is not present when the guitar is unplugged or volume is zero...

I've been there, done that. I had a dirty power noise.

In my case a bit of KPA global noise gate (0.1) and a Furman power conditioner with AC filtering did get the job done. (Furman PL-PLUS C)

By your description, it doesn't look like a grounding issue. Disconnect all connections from the KPA, use just your guitar+KPA+headphones, do you still hear the noise?

If your acoustic is ok, then there might be an EMI picked by your pickups or dirty power issue.

Make sure you are away from your cellphone and the airCC unit, move around and see how it goes, try wireless and/or high quality twisted shielded cables.

Check the following links, if you need more ideas...

1. Dirty power: https://www.proaudioland.com/n…ne-noise-and-dirty-power/

2. EMI: https://www.proaudioland.com/n…ro-magnetic-interference/

3. How do you get rid of electrical noise on stage? SOLVED

Tone, convenience and interface preferences are pretty subjective and personal taste, so go for what makes you happy and covers your needs.

Pricing is about facts, offer/demand.

Kemper retail price positioning ($USD), since I recall, has always been below Fractal’s.

Now, with the Stage, you get a full Remote functionality+full Profiler features with same processing power as the head unit and extra I/Os for retail price $1.7K. ($1.8K head or rack version without Remote) vs a new AXE III $2k. (without foot controller). Maybe with the FM3 you will get a full featured AXE III for $1K. with less processing power, less I/O and less foot switches to start with. It is not apples to apples, though.

Right now, according to Reverb’s price guide, an average of used and new actual selling street prices, Kemper head street prices have dropped by 13%, from average $1.5K in 2017 to $1.3K. 2019. While AXE III head prices dropped by 35% from average $2.7K in 2018 to $2K. in 2019. During the same period Kemper rack version street prices dropped by 10% from average $1.55K in 2018 to $1.4K 4Q2019.

Personally, I don’t think about resale value when I buy music gear, because I am not in the trading business, I prefer to enjoy gear that last as long as possible, like a great vintage guitar.

The Kemper OS is older than new AXE III for sure, but not older in what it delivers. I appreciate that Kemper’s business model has not factored planned obsolescence by design and we enjoy the same ”older” unit with new features every year. I’ve lost the count of AXE iterations, a great device, too, but hope this time they keep this new version longer than the previous ones, it is a great unit for sure.

Havent tested yet, I dunno if the the beyerdynamic 770 pro falls in this category. Same horrible sound

turn off the KP, remove all cables connected to the Kemper, just plug your guitar, your 770pro and a MB Britt clean profile free. Turn on and test it. Does it still sound harsh? If you use studio monitors or FRFR does it sound harsh?

I agree with you guys. FRFR, guitar speaker and Kemper Kone are different experiences.

If I want to listen that 4x12 IR sound that I have FOH, my FRFR cabs translate that in a small form factor and in stereo if I want to. I am not willing to carry an actual 4x12 cab with 4 Kemper Kones.

But in the other hand, for other applications, I’ve postponed, many times, the purchase of a 1x12 guitar cab, mainly because I was not sure what guitar speaker to order. It seems that Kemper Kone may help me with that dilema. I am eager to try it.

Is there any list of the speaker imprints available?

Ok so for some reason (I’m a 19 year old who plays at church on Sundays only right now) I thought the rack I bought was like an amp in that I could plug my guitar directly into it and get sound out. I didn’t realize I’d need a cab for it and since I don’t have a cab, I can’t use it. My church also doesn’t have a cab that I know of because none of the other guitarists at my church use Kemper. So I may have to respect my Kemper and buy an actual amp and dela with the heaviness of it unless I get a Fender Deluxe reverb that’s around 40 lbs, which I can deal with. I don’t know, haha. What’d I get myself into?

Kemper is like an amp head with additional options. So, you’ve realized that Kemper does not have built-in speakers, that’s fine , however Kemper does not need a cab, necessarily. If you can connect directly to your church mixer or PA, you might be ready to go. You did not mention how is your church sound setup. For instance how your audience listens to your vocalist (if any)? how your vocalist monitors his own voice? what about the rest of the band?

Let’s list all the original amps that were actually used by artists or producers and that were profiled with Kemper either commercially or available in RM.

1. Paul Gilbert’s Lee Jackson amp. TopJimi.

2. John Mayer’s Two Rock prototype signature. Tone Junkie.

3. Gilmour’s HiWatt 100 1970. The Amp Factory

4. JerryCantrell’s Bogner Snorkler - SuckerFreeGear

5. Slayer’s Diezel VH4 BlueFace - Pete’s Profiles

6. Angel Vivaldi Pack - STLtones

7. HowardBenson - STLtones

8. Michael Wagener Kemper Rig Pack (ADA MP1 - WhiteLion, Extreme, SkidRow)

Are there any other?

Another good one...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From another thread, I understand that "Clean Sense is actually BOTH an input gain control AND a master balance control between clean and distorted profiles". The OP mentioned that he is hearing the hiss, only when the loop mono is in front of the stack section, even with nothing attached to the Kemper, so I am not sure if INPUT sense parameters could help him here.

Anyway, read this two threads for more information about Clean and Distortion sense.

It all start with the input so...

Making sense of clean sense (audio clips added)

But, before changing KP settings all around, with all parameters default, try the basic loop setup of the tutorial below with just one pedal, headphones, nothing connected to the inputs. Try different combinations of Kemper's loop mono volume, mix and noise gate with the volume and gain of your pedal, trying to detect the inflection point when the hiss starts. Check that there is no other parameter impacting SEND/RETURN volume as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you want to use pedals in your rigs, you don’t need to change anything in the input settings. I would suggest, keep it simple first, connect the guitar to the Kemper front input, return Input settings to default values, then try this Loop Mono tutorial with just one pedal (try a simple overdrive first). If after the tutorial you still hear the pop, contact Kemper support.

External Content youtu.be

I do have fuzz, overdrive and distortion pedals some in front of the KP and some in slot B with a Loop mono stomp. I use them mainly in performance mode with clean amps/gain edge of breakup.
    I don’t have any hiss.
    I have the volume of the loop mono at -2.5db to match the volume level of the raw profile. Mix around 70%. I did not tweak clean sense (default). check your loop mono volume, I‘ve noticed that increasing the loop volume at some level, I can hear a hiss, I don’t know if this could help you.