Posts by Southdakota

Wow! I dont know where to start. As a novice songwriter I was struck by Lee's lyrics, his unique voice and delivery. All around beautiful and haunting all at once. And for you...what an amazing canvas to paint on. Even the songs with sparse guitar, it is all very tast. I love the title track. Very haunting. And the guitar parts accentuate that. City Street Bonus stands out as well in terms of guitar. I really hope the best for Lee. Super talented guy! And you as well...just awesome!

Per After reading your reply to the other song I was going to ask more specifically what you meant. This answers that question in regards to kick drum. So snare and cymbals sound ok? I personally think I need to increase snare volume slightly. I am posting a song that Im still working on with a completely different kit. Let me know if the drums sound more in line with what you are describing. Granted, this is a completely different genre. Thank you!

Listen to Autumn Breeze by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

deadman42 Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I adjusted the highhat down but not enough on the ride...damn! Easy fix for future recordings. As for the compression, I kept most of my original guitar parts from when I recorded this a couple years ago....in fact it might have been my first Kemper recording. I just added vocals and new drums now. At the time I was using Bert's Friedman profiles but my channel gain was likely too high causing that compressed sound.

This song, and most are played on my Kiesel CS3 which has the original Carvin C22B pickup in the bridge. Ive tried many others but absolutely love this guitar and pickup! I use a Kiesel Bolt as well but since I do a lot of dropped D tuning I like my fixed bridge CS3 vs the Bolt with Floyd.

A bit heavier tune so mostly Bert Meulendijk Friedman profiles.

Song is about people on social media who open up their lives to everyone and the way they are often perceived. Like the boy who cried wolf....some may actually be in serious need of help....or maybe just a friend. Anyway, hope you like it and thanks for listening!

Listen to Unfiltered by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Very cool. Love the guitar bits throughout. Right on the edge of out of control but always in control. I always use good quality phones and the low end is very full as well.

Monkey_Man and deadman42 As always, thank you for the advice. I am limited to a mono output from my Yamaha electronic drum kit so it's just a matter of lowering the level of the high hat and/or selecting an entirely different high hat that might be more pleasing to the ear. I think I have lost some high frequency sound through the years so again, thank you! I appreciate your honesty. The last thing I want is a bunch of people listening to the first 10 seconds of a song and then commenting "sounds great!" I can have my non music friends tell me that.....lol.

Very happy with how this turned out.

A hodgepodge of profiles....MBritt /13, MBritt Colonial and a couple Bert Meulendijk Friedman's. Rumble 350 bass. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for checking it out!

Listen to Sacred Ground by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

Moderator Notice:

Chris Duncan LMAO.....Maybe that's what I should have done with my kids as none of them showed an interest in playing my guitars. And like my dad, I did not try to force it on them at all. My dad was my hero. I thought he was a rock star up there on the stage with his 70's cowboy hat and big collars on his paisley shirt. I wanted to be him so that meant playing guitar. Apparently my kids didn't see me the same way!! lol

My dad....he had a country rock band back in the mid 70's to early 80's. We had guitars around the house and the band practiced at my house so I naturally took to it. I started on his 74 Jazz bass(which I have now) when I was in 2nd grade. Could barely reach the first fret! Then later on started playing his 78 strat (which had a horribly large neck!). It was hearing KISS at the age of 9 that made me want to play rock.

I wrote a song about playing music with my dad, who is now passed. If not allowed in this thread, please delete.

Listen to One More Day by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

Moderator Notice: