Posts by Southdakota

I have to also remind folks that our very own Kemperite, MuddySludge, plays bass on "The Waiting" and "Invincible. And without his mentoring and encouragement, I would not have hooked up with his friend Gary Long who produced this and led me to Michael Harris (lead guitar) and to Matt Thompson (drums) who led me to the vocalist, Androo O'Hearn. "Networking" at it's finest. And in this case it has been the best experience of my life as these are not only talented people but also extremely good human beings.

waraba I appreciate that more than I can express....not just purchasing the album but also your consistently constructive thoughts, approvals and criticisms of my music here on the forum. Curious to hear what your favorite song is as we are kicking around the idea of doing a promotional video and at this point, I'm not sure which song to start with.....kind of like picking your favorite child ;)

Crucial Velocity
    Home page of Crucial Velocity
    Www.crucial-velocity.com

Finally the day has arrived! Thank you for all of your kind words throughout the process.

Matt Thompson (King Diamond) drums

Michael Harris (guitar legend) solos

Androo O’Hearn (Shaolin Death Squad) vocals

Me...songwriter, guitar, bass, keys

Gary Long mixing/mastering

Michael Harris plays Mesa amps on all the ripping solos so it's a good opportunity to hear how my Kemper guitars and bass stack up to that.....I think pretty good😉😁

Shout out to Bert Meulendijk for the killer Friedman BE profiles!!

Per Thank you. Yes, this is one of the songs that I originally did vocals on about a year ago....yuck!!! New vocals and new drums and a fresh new mix!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another tune off of my upcoming CRUCIAL VELOCITY album. This one is heavily influenced by Voivod, not only musically but also with the sci fi subject matter. With the recent increase in UFO related things on the news ( Las Vegas especially), I suppose this is a fitting song. LOL. Hope you enjoy it and thanks as always for checking it out!!

I personally think this one has Matt Thompson's (King Diamond) most technical drum work and he did a tremendous job!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From my upcoming CRUCIAL VELOCITY album. Using my trusty Bert Meulendjik Friedman profiles once again. Drums by King Diamond drummer Matt Thompson. A killer solo section by the legend Michael Harris. And yes, those flanged drums are a nod to one of my childhood favorites, Peter Criss!! Enjoy and thank you so much for checking it out. Hoping to have this thing released soon!

Michael_dk You just made my day...lol. Yes, Opeth is hands down my favorite band of the last 5-6 years and more than any other band has influenced my writing style. I don't have the technical ability to sound exactly like them, nor do I want to, but what I learned from Opeth is writing with contrast and dynamics. And that there are no rules! Thank you so much for checking it out. If you like this one you might like more....here is my EPK with the whole unreleased album.

http://www.crucial-velocity.com/epk-for-labels

Thanks for posting this Buddy and more importantly thanks for laying down that hefty low end!

deadman42 I am 1000 miles from Gary's studio in Argyle TX so modern technology has been a blessing!! Buddy and Gary go way back so it was awesome that he could drive up to the studio and do it old school.

Anyone like myself who wants to take your music to the next level...do it!! There are experienced guys like Gary Long who are available at a reasonable rate. Matt Thompson is the drummer for King Diamond but when he is not on the road or in the studio, he is a working musician trying to make a living. His rates are reasonable as well. Take the next step🤘🤘