Posts by Southdakota

This is a slight musical departure for me. Kicks in after a 1 min intro. It is about all of the people stuck in quarantine and their will to get the hell out!

Features all Bert Meulendijk Friedman and bass is the Rumble 350

Hope you enjoy! Stay safe everyone!

Listen to Getaway by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, this little ditty takes a peak back at when it all started (Covid-19). Alternative title...."Bat, The Other Dark Meat". ?

Again, lots of Bert Meulendijk Friedman

Bass is IC4 SVT Crunch Bass by Icem4n

Im very happy with this one and came together very quickly. Hope you enjoy!

Listen to Origin by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Per Love when the guitars kick in! Nice change of pace to hear a bit of distortion!

deadman42 Thanks for the nod. I am certainly no expert but I have done some experimenting with panning. If I am playing essentially the same part on the R and L, I will hard pan them all the way. Of course each of those guitars are different profiles and I am trying to use less gain and even coil tapping one of the tracks which gives more snap and clarity. Then, I run a 3rd guitar dead center, usually playing a higher variation of the riff, and with much more reverb than the L and R. I also have all of my songs mastered using a website called Landr. It is very easy and it does give a nice clarity to everything!

External Content www.youtube.com

This track is so awesome! Testament really kicking ass harder than ever before imho!

Agree! Been listening to the whole album nonstop. Some great tracks with slightly different styles than the last couple albums. I love "Dream Deceiver". Best thrash band IMO...always thought that.

MuddySludge Thank you so much! Yes, went for the big arena rock guitar sound....lol! I also used a better compressor for drums and bass which definitely tightened up the low end. Im learning....slowly!

deadman42 I really appreciate the guitar comments. So, yes, 3 tracks. L an R hard panned and mostly playing the same part with slight changes, and different levels of gain on each, and relatively dry. The 3rd guitar is dead center and I generally play at a higher octave or using various triads to accentuate the high end. The center guitar is generally much wetter.

As for Elvis......I may have made the trailer park thing up.....Lol?

I am a guitarist first and foremost but I do play bass (74 Fender Jazz) on all of my original recordings. I have purchased a few SVT and SansAmp profiles which are decent but I keep coming back to this Rumle 350 profile which came loaded on my Kemper. It is much more full and rich sounding than others. And with gain brought up slightly and bass lowered slightly, it sits great in a mix. Just curious if any of you real bass players have tried it? Here is what it sounds like.....if not allowed to place this here, I understand if you delete.

Listen to Conspiracy Theory by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

Wow man, love this! Im a sucker for a nice acoustic intro leading into a rocker! Lots of textures going on and you did a great job of blending them together in a cohesive way!

Hope you are all using your free time to stay creative! Its the best way to get through this. I am very proud of this song. If this song is about you, Im sorry! Lol.....it takes all kinds!

Stay healthy my friends!

L is VHII Top Jimi

R is Bert Meulendijk BE

center is MBrit C TON SRV

Leads are BE and VHII

Bass is a Kemper preload....ST-Rumble 350 2

Listen to Conspiracy Theory by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

And another 70's gem that I had never heard of. Phenomenal stuff! Most of the German members of the forum will likely be familiar with them.

External Content youtu.be

I just recently discovered the pre Centerfold era J Geils Band and I am blown away! Specifically the Monkey Island album.

External Content youtu.be