Posts by Southdakota

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You may remember my first post about "Low Fi" recording. Well, I am very proud of this one which is also quite "Low Fi". I wrote it and played all parts using my Tascam DP 008. The two guitar tones are courtesy of Bert Meulendijk and his Friedman BE profiles. I am not a shredder so if you are into that, you will probably not care for this. I like to write a good song and I hope this qualifies. Thanks for listening!

DennisJ I know you are right! I will probably have to use RM. I only use about 8-10 rigs for live use so I really have no need for RM for that purpose. I was thinking that this new reverb update was to be installed just as I installed the new system update via USB memory stick but obviously, this is a bit different. Once the bugs are worked out, anyone know if this update will be available that way? Just a simple upload off the Kemper website as previous system updates have been available? Is it something to do with the fact that the current update is Beta?

Can I upload the new update 2.1.71 using a USB stick as I have done with version updates in the past? I have never used rig manager....I know.... but Ive had no need to use it thus far.

And 2.1.71 is where the new reverbs are found?

Thank you

ashtweth Love what you posted above. Here is another great band with a female vocalist. From Pittsburgh.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No issues at all with the remote. Quite a few gigs and lots of home playing. I do travel with a spare cable. My favorite thing about the remote is the morph function. I have each of my 5-6 main live profiles set up so that the morph ( simply tap the same button of the profile you are on) is set up as my lead sound. A little delay. Lead boost pedal. A mid bump. Volume bump.....all built in with one button to push. No more dancing on a pedalboard. Of course, you can do that as well with the stomp section if you prefer;)

Tried a few of the Kemper OD's and settled on the Lead Booster. Did not like the green scream. And as the name implies, that is what I use it for. I use to just bump up the gain and volume a bit for my morphed leads. By keeping the gain the same and adding the Lead Booster, my lead tones are much more crisp. They cut better. And the Lead Boost does not color the tone.

I am loving my EV-zlx-12p. Recommended to me by another forum member, MuddySludge. I use this live. No cab behind me. Big full sound with adjustable eq. Plenty of volume and I feel that it is a true representation of the FOH sound. I run it from monitor out, cab sim on of course. I do have delays set up in stereo and I am satisfied with the sound in mono through the EV. Now, I never ran it in true stereo prior so have nothing to compare to, but I truly love it. And it is cheap enough that you could always get a second if you really wanted stereo.

guitarmniac After my first gig with my Kemper I started a thread in the "features we would like to see added" section. Asking if they could add a feature to level the volume across an entire performance. Unfortunately for now it all has to be done by ear which is a bit difficult when you have multiple gain levels from clean to brutal as I do. Fortunately for me, I have a great sound man and before a gig I have him listen as I run through each profile ( I only use 5-6) strictly for volume. I don't tweak much now that I have my main rig where I want it so not as much of an issue anymore.

The feature I requested was actually one which would equalize volume of all profiles as they are upoaded onto the Kemper so that as you scroll through profiles, they are all at the same volume.

https://flatfiv.com/

For those of you who are not familiar with Rick Beato, I highly recommend checking out his YouTube page. The guy is an absolute genius. He is a musician, producer, engineer, music theory genius who happens to have a great way of communicating everything music related in his videos. Anyway, he has just recently started profiling his amps in his studio and they are available on his website. I'm sure more will be coming. I have not used these. I can only tell you that Rick is extremely meticulous, has a great ear and has top of the line recording gear so this should be extremely good stuff! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it and I will let you know as well!

waraba Thank you for the kind words. I admit I am guilty of using minimal reverb, especially live. I will definitely experiment with reverb more on my next recording. I tend to put quite a bit of reverb on drums and vocals so in my mind Im thinking I dont want every other track washed with reverb. Prob overthinking that!

External Content soundcloud.com

Hey all! I had posted an original a while back pointing out my "lo-fi" recording capabilities. Well, this original song is my first with the Kemper. It is still done very old school using a Tascam DP008 but the difference in guitar and bass sound, at least to my ears, is significant. And this was just recorded from the monitor out. No interface. So, if anything, I hope to accomplish proving to those less technologically inclined people like myself that you can create a decent recording. For me, it's just a hobby. And the Kemper has made my hobby much more enjoyable! If anyone is interested in the specific profiles I use, PM me. All guitars are my Fender Strat with Dimarzio Area pickups and bass is a Spector with active pups. Drums are a Simmons electronic set played live by me.....and I am not a drummer so please dont judge;). Thank you for listening!