Posts by Southdakota

Per I really appreciate that perspective on it. Thank you Per. I'm 50. I've been playing and singing most of my life. It's only more recently that I am more aware of my voice because of recording. And I still write songs hearing someone elses voice in my head....people that I could only dream of sounding like. Lol. So when I lay down vocals there is always this moment of disappointment when I realize it doesn't sound like Ray Gillen....it sounds like me. I just need to accept that....I'm getting there😉

Listen to BRED TO KILL by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/BXDxA

One of my proudest moments in song writing. Complete remix and remaster by Gary Long. Drums by Robin Stone. This song is 100% Bert Meulendijk Friedman BE profiles played with my Kiesel CS3. Thank you for checking it out!🤘🤘

MuddySludge Yessir, this will be on the EP

BayouTexan That is correct. I send all tracks via WAV file to Gary. He uploads them onto Protools. He creates a mix which includes adding whatever vocal or guitar effects he or I want to try. He spends a lot of time on drums, blending triggers if needed and working on EQ and panning of course. I listen to the mix and make requests. Gary is willing to do as many mixes as possible to make me happy. Often 2-3 mixes and we have it nailed. He then masters it using his massive collection of high end outboard gear. This is all done in his professional studio using very high quality monitoring. And it is done at a cost that I believe is very fair!

Hope everyone is well today! I finally got the singer in my band to sing on one of my originals and she did great. Again featuring Robin Stone on drums (@robin_stone_drums) and mixing and mastering by Gary Long at Nomad Studio ([email protected]). This is way more "pop" than I have done before and it was a fun one to do! Enjoy!

Listen to L I F E L I N E by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/yemAZ

BayouTexan Gary would tell me he sprinkled fairy dust on it but I believe it's just a matter of EQ, panning, various pluggins, some side chaining of various tracks, etc. He spends a lot of time on drums. He prefers as natural sound as possible but inevitably has to blend some triggers with the acoustic drums.

My man Gary Long was not happy with his previous mix so he sent me this today. Much bigger, fatter low end. He does great work!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I had the pleasure of seeing Opeth live for the first time last weekend along with Mastadon. Opeth is definitely at the top of my list.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Much appreciate you taking the time to listen and for the comments! I listen to a lot of Black Sabbath but have never consciously tried to emmulate Ozzy....Iommi, yes. Unfortunately my voice is definitely suited for that style. Lol

Still waiting for someone to say, "damn that reminds me of Ray Gillen!" Haaaaaa!

Thank you gentlemen for giving it a listen and for the kind words. If anyone is looking for a pro to provide drum tracks at a great price I highly recommend Robin Stone! More to come;)

External Content soundcloud.com

It's been a while! Would love to share this new song with you all featuring, as always, Friedman BE profiles by Bert Meulendijk. I stumbled across an Australian drummer for hire online and I could not be more pleased with the work of Robin Stone (@robin_stone_drums). Very well renowned in the technical death metal world but the guy can do it all and at a great price! Mixed and mastered by Gary Long at Nomad Studio in Argyle, TX.

This was a fun one! Hope you all enjoy and take care!

ESP-LTD Phoenix Arctic Metal. I have always loved the Firebird shape. I was looking for a guitar with an active PUP (EMG 81 TW) which I have never owned. And my go to set up is always stainless steel frets, solid mahogany and 12" radius. So, it was a no brainer. For a relatively cheap guitar ($900 ish) this thing is flawless! Can't wait to record with it.