Posts by Southdakota

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Listen to REGENERATION by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/eMvNp

Here is track 2 off my upcoming album. Again, the LP with P90's and a couple Bert Meulendijk Friedman profiles. Mixed and mastered by Gary Long at Nomad Studio. ([email protected])

Thank you so much for giving it a listen!

Franjoe30 Thank you so much!

Question for everyone on this section of the forum....is there a preferred medium? I use Soundcloud but also Youtube (link below). Curious what you prefer?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Monkey_Man I agree 100% on the intro. Gary is cutting it to 15-18 seconds. It is the album opener so thats why I wanted an intro. Im a sucker for those!! Lol Always appreciate the input MM!

deadman42 Thanks for the kind words. I always value your opinion! And yes, the P90's with the right blend of profiles is a great addition. I had never used P90's before and now I'm hooked!

Listen to DIVISION by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/KLQcX

I have finally finished album #2 with Gary Long doing mixing and mastering. I am super happy with how this came together. Unlike my first album, this one features all real drums. And second, I exclusively used my LP with P90's which I feel gives a more organic tone throughout. Almost all profiles are Bert Meulendijk Friedman BE for guitar and Ice4n SVT for bass.

This song features the amazing Michael Harris on the solos. Check out Michael with Thought Chamber and Chaistain/Harris. And for those of you looking for a pro to mix and master your music at a fair price.....Gary Long (King Diamond, Merciful Fate) is your guy!!![email protected].

I really hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it! Thanks for giving it a listen.

Chris Duncan Best advice ever. I agree 100% and I am in the exact situation as you. Cover band playing guitar and doing vocals as well as writing and recording my own music. It's all about having fun. Even in my younger days I never ever sat and "practiced" for hours on end. I sat for hours and noodled or tried to play along with my favorite bands. Zero regimented practice. Because to me, that was not fun, that was work! I know my limitations, and they are many, but you learn to play what you works for you.

Wow, this is next level stuff for sure. I am not a fan of instrumental music but this held my attention all the way through. Excellent guitar tones and very interesting phrasing throughout. Best of luck to you!!

Brilliant! Killer guitar tone, production, vocals. I am a huge Riot fan and this has the feel and vocal tone of the Thundersteel album. How in the hell did you record this in one night? lol

You obviously have the basics down. You have good control with your pick. You are coordinating well with cleanly played notes. Very good advice above in the other replies. I think it's a matter of finding the right practice method for you. And honestly that may be as simple as finding tabs and playing along with your favorite songs vs a more rigid schedule of scales and such. I love the tone you have there. Very Hagar era Van Halen!

balazs Thanks for the Max Ostro video. I am usually very bored with modern "shredders" and generally lose interest after about 1 minute. This dude has something a bit unique going on. Probably the lightest L hand technique I've every seen but he is so fluid and makes everything look effortless. His slides and bends keep it interesting. Very cool!

Kahuna59 Curious about your 79 Strat. The first electric I learned to play on was my dad's 79 which now belongs to my brother. It is a hardtail in natural finish. Very heavy compared to the other strats I have owned and the neck was very narrow but thick which I now can't stand. Curious if all 79's were built with that neck and the very heavy wood? Love the large headstocks on those!

MuddySludge That is some greazy funk there Buddy! Really love the horns/synth sounds. Brilliant clean Kemper tone as always. I'd sing if I could sing...and it would be some nasty lyrics in the style of Rick James...lmao

waraba I like the vibe of this one! And yes, I will vouch for @MuddySludge...If you want to take your music to the next level sonically, Gary Long is a fantastic guy to work with! Just email files to him and he works his magic for a very fair price. And he is in constant contact with you through the process to make sure he gets what you are looking for. Keep up the great work! And yes, Buddy....much more coming soon!!