Posts by Southdakota

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is my current favorite, mixed and mastered by Gary Long, Nomad Recording Studio. He didn't like my intro so I told him do whatever he wanted with it...he did! The megaphone part was also all Gary and I love how that turned out.

As usual, Bert Meulendijk Friedman profiles.

Thanks for giving it a listen!

Oh yeah....daddy like! As already mentioned, the horns transform this tune back to 1974 and the voices are done very well and add a whole other layer of coolness. Very cool man!

Much appreciated gentlemen!

It was truly a joy hearing Gary sculpt these songs.. yes occasional demo-itis, but it turned out great.

These P90's....wow! There is a brightness, fullness and clarity that records very well. Im working on another song now. I recorded rough tracks with a different guitar then went back and recorded with the P90's....the difference is huge. It may not be for everyone but I believe I have found my sound....at least recording....still love the comfort of my Kiesels live.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A million thanks to MuddySludge for hooking me up with Mr. Gary Long, owner of Nomad Recording Studio in Carrollton TX. Gary graciously agreed to mix and master 10 of my "best" songs. Gary has worked with Dave Grohl, King Diamond, Damageplan, Post Malone, and many more. And yet he thoroughly enjoyed taking on this ragged little project of mine....and at tolerable rates! Anyone looking to polish up your work, give Gary a call at 214-282-6388.

BTW...This is the first song recorded with my P90 equipped LP using all Bert Meulendijk Friedman profiles. Thanks for giving it a listen!

waraba I totally get what you are saying about influences subconsciously showing up in your songs. It's inevitable. It's woven in to you. I recently had the guy mixing my songs tell me something about this Byrds lick I played. I had no idea what he was talking about until I heard the actual Byrds lick...then I felt bad that my original idea was not so original! Lol

Totally agree...this is top notch notch stuff! That slide work is killer and Gary keeps a greasy groove going. Are you playing bass? Thats some stanky grooving going on there as well...love it! If my ears serve me correctly I'd guess that's a Remington 870 pump 12 guage?? Only complaint....MORE TRIANGLE!!

This made my morning! From a production standpoint, this is absolutely pro quality stuff. That clean tone you get, same as one of the other tunes I commented on, just blows me away. Can I ask again what profile that is? And the drums sound killer. Wish I had access to a drummer like that! Keep em coming!!

A bit late to the party but I love it! Great tones throughout and great consistent slide work. I recently acquired my first P90 equipped LP and I am also loving the versatility all around.

V8guitar Lol....the band members humming the intro...yes, I have been there as well and the crazy thing is that it was a song I had played 100 times! I am 47 though so shit happens! Bummer on the power going out though, that would tend to throw me off for a bit.