Posts by Jqarroyo

Hi guys,

I'm recording the guitar DI and the wet signal via SPDIF (GIT/STACK) into two different tracks in Cubase and I'm not sure if I'm setting up the levels correctly.

The signal I'm getting for the DI is way too hot so I need to cut almost 7-8db in the Clean Sens knob to achieve an avg input of -12db in the daw. Same occurs with the wet signal, I have to turn down the spdif volume to around -10db to achieve a similar measure. Is this normal? Wondering if doing such reductions specially in the DI side, I'm somehow affecting the sound quality of it. Not sure if perhaps, leaving both (clean sense & SPDIF volume) to zero and then turning down the pre-gain knob in the daw would make more sense?

The interface I use is the Clarett 4Pre USB.

The attachment is a screenshot of my cubase input meters having Clean Sens down to -8db and Spdif volume to -10db.

Thanks for your help!

Hello guys!

I'll be testing my Kemper on live very soon and I've good a simple question I'd like your help with.

We are two guitarist and we always pan both guitars in mono L/R. The usual stuff.

I'm the one dealing with delays, clean, FX etc and I'd like to take advantage of the Kemper so these effects can go in stereo. My colleague just plays rhythm guitars through a mic'd standard amp with not effects at all.

What would be the west way of setting up/sending the Kemper to PA so we can do both, keep the usual mono L/R for riffs and send my effects in stereo?

Thanks a lot.

Jq