Posts by cecilbag

I’m with you on the majority here. I started playing my kemper around Labor Day. I gig a few times per week. It’s easily the best piece of gear I’ve ever purchased. I’m not going to sell my SLO or Splawns etc but they don’t go to gigs anymore. I play mainly jcm800 tones and the kemper easily smokes the marshalls I’ve personally owned. It’s just great, consistent tone that you can constantly improve. It’s light and powerful. I still run mine like I ran my amps. Through a stack. I love it but I had a learning curve, once I got ahead of that, it’s been smooth sailing.

Let me know if you need an audition person. I play 80s rock and converted over to a kemper over Labor Day weekend and haven’t turned on one of my amps since. I still love my amps but this is such an easy setup plus it sounds truly amazing. I mainly just play JCM800 profiles with one exception (ada mp1) in one of my lead slots. I can say my keeper sounds better than any real 800 I owned. You can’t go wrong with a KPA

Welcome! I'm in the Twin Cities, so just over the line from ya.

A man after my own heart. I’m a huge Charvel fan. I work in the twin cities quite a bit.

Well everyone I thought I’d be able to give you some feedback on my shows but I have to get a new unit from Sweetwater. The power amp inside is acting up. I have to scroll through the internal output menu and turn it off and on to get it to make sound. It worked great for the two days leading up to my shows. Friday I set it up and no sound. I check it the menus and can’t find anything. Saturday during the day I scour through this forum digging up any info and end up turning just the amp off and on a few times and it comes to life. I play it for several hours before he show and have it sounding just amazing. Take it to the show and nothing. Turn the amp off and on a few times and it kicks on. Not the end of the world but I will have Sweetwater send me a new one and report back when I get a chance to try it again. Maybe I should’ve gotten the rack instead of the toaster? I just thought the toaster looked cool but maybe the rack lets it cool better? I had nothing around it or over it and I was playing in my basement man cave so heat shouldn’t be an issue. I know several guys who have had these for years without issue so I’m sure I just got a fluke.

Greetings. I’m from the land of cheese and play 80’s rock. I’m new to Kemper but excited to give it a shot. I will be using the PowerHead and remote through my current pair of Splawn cabs loaded with creambacks. I know this isn’t the optimal way of running the Kemper but I don’t want to convert to frfr. I will be running out stereo to our soundman but the cabs are part of our stage presentation. A few quick questions unless this isn’t the place to ask. 1: can I run a 1/4 two into one jack to split the load to both my 16ohm cabs which still only has an 8 ohm load? There is only one speaker jack on the PowerHead. 2: what are some suggestions for profiles that are what I need? Is it merged or di? Who makes a great set? My main two amps are a Splawn Quickrod and Soldano SLO for reference. Thank you in advance and I apologize if this isn’t the spot to ask questions. I looked for forum rules and didn’t see them. I noticed lots of people introducing themselves here so I gave this a shot. Thank you