Posts by VoodooJef

I may have posted this a couple of years ago, but it would be pretty darn awesome if we could get a sweeping, panable delay. Either auto pan or sweepable via CC pedal.

Just an update. The pedal seemed to recalibrate after a few pushes so I got fed up and nabbed a 10' trs cable just to test it out. It now functions as responsively as any stand alone whammy pedal I've ever owned, and because I use the same pedal for the wah, the wah effect also improved (and I didn't even know I needed it to until now. LOL)

Oh, and to clarify I ran the new cable straight to pedal jack #1 on the KPA.

Is the pedal taper coming on smoothly or with everything bunched up at one end? If it is bunching up (log taper behaviour) try changing between pedal Type 1 and Type 2 in the system menu.

It was smooth all the way up, it just seemed to track slower than the pedal moved. Pedal 1/2 didn't change anything that I noticed

Did you try connecting with a shorter cable directly to the Profiler instead of using the remote? That should do better. A short cable (30 cm) directly into my Stage works fine. I used to have same issues with my remote and my KPA head. I personally could not find a way to resolve this with the pedals connected to the remote. That way it was always slower... but maybe others made different experiences.

No, but I use a toaster. I'd still need a 20' cable minimum.

As I said, it seems to be solved. We'll see how long it lasts.

Well, never mind. For the most part. No, not an ideal solution but a workable one regardless. Calibrated the pedal but didn't push it all the way down so the KPA "thinks" that max sweep comes faster than it does. It works just fine, provided the calibration stays the same from here.

Hey folks, after three years I swapped the FCB1010 for the Kemper remote and for the most part I don't have any complaints.....with one exception.

The pitch pedal (whammy pedal effect) is frustratingly slow to respond, like the pitch changes slower than the pedal moves. Makes it hard to play certain passages that are long standing parts of songs and was never an issue with the midi controlled CC pedal of the 1010. Is there a way to recalibrate the pedal? I know there a "calibrate" setting in the system manu but it doesn't do anything to address this quirk.

Thanks for any info.

Title says it all. The 1010 is easily the most cost effective way to control your KPA, and with the Uno chip in it there's no programing required. I just scored a great deal on a Kemper remote and some Mission CC pedals so I couldn't resist. The 1010 will come in the original box with the original manual, and I'll throw in a pair of nice and long midi cables since you'll need them regardless.

$125 shipped to ConUS.

If ever you find yourself looking to recover files not backed up there is a free software called recuva.

Tried recuva right after it happened but most of the data was corrupted. I'm sure there was some sort of solution were I to have been further along (not that six months wasn't far enough. LOL). I had a few hand written notebook pages with song titles and some basic notes along the way so it was just a month of remembering how the parts went and re-recording with the help of a couple of friends who contributed, but it still sucked.

Well, the editor looks exactly like what I saw at namm last january. Rad. Glad it's finally available. I never used RM very much but the editor section has me giddy for all the reasons everyone else already said.

I'll chime in on the Win/Mac sub-convo happening: I am not inherently opposed to Windows, but when W10 came out I did update it, and all hell broke loose. It did a forced (meaning I could not stop it nor did I give permission) update in the middle of a home recording session. It crashed and took out the hard drive data with it. Six months worth of work down the toilet (I did take the HD to a recovery outfit. $1300 to recover with no guarantees). Probably a fluke, I recognize it as such, but it still sucked REAL bad. I run an iMac now and haven't had a single problem. (to be fair and unbiased, I did have the MB fail on an older MBP, but it was a generation known to have the problem)/ I now backup every session to both external drive as well as cloud storage just in case.

Started off with the tab book for Ride The Lightning and a Guitar World magazine with an Eric Johnson lesson in it. That carried me for a few months, then I moved half way across the country and I realized there was a lot more to learn. Took a few lesson and didn't have a good teacher so back to self taught. I eventually worked with a guy who had gone to GIT (back then that was the unchallenged holy grail of guitar education) and that seed was planted. Not long after, I packed up and moved to LA and attended GIT myself. I learned more there in a comparatively short time than I would have in ten years elsewhere. Took the next couple of years to assimilate what I learned, then found one of the world's most deeply buried jazz virtuosos, Gary Brunner, and took a few lessons to broaden my influence. By that time I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do as a guitar player so I just jammed with everyone I could from all kinds of styles. Several more years go by and I had the absolute blessing to sit down and study a bit with the one guy who inspired me to pick the thing up to begin with, and easily my number one influence.

Now I've got 181 unpublished, unreleased songs spanning 20 years of my life so the next "lesson" will be to sit down and learn how to objectively be my own producer and start filing the songs into groups that could end up on the same album together and put some of it out 8)

Well then. I was kinda bummed to not see a new thread with all the folks that got the editor before I did but alas, my hiatus has yielded nothing of the sort. LOL. Oh well.

This is reminiscent of Eventide and the android app for the H9. People were losing their damn minds, accusing the Eventide folks of intentionally dismissing the android users and other wildly heinous actions. Someone from Eventide finally put it on the table and said "fine, you think you could do it? We'll PAY YOU. Hire on and develop it with/for us".

What came of it? Crickets.

It was a good three years between the desktop release and the android version, all the while the response was "we're working on it", which they were. It was a huge pain in the ass for them, but they got it done in a timeframe the company could support. Imagine how that went for three years, having a fully functional, operating version for Mac, Windows, AND I.os but no android. People screamed about how it couldn't be that hard to write the code and such since the platform was already there. But it was.

I want the editor just like anyone else. I was super excited to get my hands on it after seeing it in action last January but I'm not gonna lose my marbles over it not being ready.

When they released it all former owners had to / still have to pay if they'd like to have the upgrade. Not so for the editor.

Thinkin' it's time for another couple of months hiatus from this forum. It was funny at first but some of you guys are way too eager to nitpick and just argue for the sake of arguing.

Aaaannnnnnd while I'm at it......

The KPA operates fine without the editor.

It did, nor does not now come with one.

One was never promised nor offered in the marketing of the device.

They don't owe us an editor.

We are not entitled to one.

As much as I would like to have it available, I'm just not going to get bent out of shape over it. I sure did shell out my hard earned dollars for my KPA, and it does exactly what I bought it to do. It also does everything it's advertised to do.

And to further reinforce my car references, here's another analogy:

Ferrari: we've decided we're going to engineer a supercharger for our production cars. Not sure when it'll be done, but we're working on it."

Ferrari owners: "well, if it's not available immediately, without a single issue, for free, then I'm going to sell my car and buy a Porsche"

Mazda was one of the last car companies to offer Android Auto in their cars. All they ever said was "we're going to have it eventually". A year and a half later there it was. Plenty of people whined about it because "every other car manufacturer has it". Meh. They put it out when they had it ready. Incidentally, I had a hacked version of it in my 2016 mazda and it was unstable as f**k.

I'm going to just sit back and chuckle if the folks at Kemper say "welp, you cried about it too much. We're tired of hearing it. The editor is shelved. We'll get back to it when we have nothing better to do".

I think he's looking at having them removed from Rig Exchange.

Kinda defeats the purpose of RE, it's like going to the library and having the books you don't like removed (not that I don't totally relate to what you want to do).

With that said, you *should* be able to whittle down your "local" folder to just the ones you like.

I got to see and dabble with the editor at NAMM. It's very, very cool and I definitely see folks liking it way more than they expect. I won't go on a tirade to try and validate it, folks are going to stand by their opinions regardless until it's out.

Nope, it's not going to do much for the plug-n-play types. It's the ones who want/need/prefer building a rig from the ground up that will be singing the highest praises. It's a lot more natural, almost akin to putting together a rig with tangible hardware.

TBH, unless there was a stability issue I can't fathom what the holdup might be. It was functional nine months ago. Literally saw it in action with my own eyes. If it's not ready it's not ready. It's not my name on the box so I don't get to make those calls.

While I ap and identify with your love of high-octane fun, this is not a suitable analogy. In the event where one pleads their case to Christoph and says "Hey, I love Kemper but I can't afford one. Please make a cheaper one"..

..Where Nissan would direct you to another Nissan product, Christoph would either say "no" or suggest moving onto L6, Fractal or Atomic. There is no Kemper alternative within the Kemper family.

Add any background sound at all, TV, neighbor mowing the yard, patrons in a bar (you get the idea) and they'd sound exactly the same. I'm not sure the only reason I heard a difference at all was because there was a visual cue isn't the case.