Posts by VoodooJef

The very first sentence I typed in my reply covered what he asked for in stark simplicity. The follow up was superfluous and voluntary. Much like every sentence in yours.

It's ok to let conversations have a little personality without riding in on a white horse, polishing your armor. ?

Nope. It's made to use a line level signal (effects loop is an option).

And TBH, most folks who have used the Maximizer have eventually retired it with no intent of looking back. It's a fancy "loudness" button, like on car stereos. It does what Line 6 is really good at.....sounding great at bedroom volume but losing all of its balls as it gets turned up. They were all the rage in the early 90s (and yep, you bet your behind I had one :-D ).

I don't mean to disparage the device, if it gets you the sound you want then what difference does it make anyway? lol.

I have a PreSonus Audiobox USB I'm not doing anything with that I'd sell for $50. It's great for recording just a guitar and works well with the KPA. Very simple and boldly reliable. I'm also a Mac user and my new interface uses thunderbolt. Didn't notice a difference.

That may be all that's on it. If it's not connected to a network the factory presets won't be on it (barring a factory reset I'm guessing). There are several threads on here about owners deleting all but the profiles they actually use, perhaps the previous owner of yours did the same. It's not a tragedy if so, just connect to Rig Manager and have at it. (not sure if the factory presets are available standalone or not)

Yeah I know, the lighting is next on the list. Right now I'm making tiny adjustments to get the audio in the video as close to the audio that comes out of the monitors as possible. What you're hearing is 100% direct from the console with the KPA going direct.

Well, I finally got a camera that does what I want it to. Picked up a Zoom Q4 (I really wanted the Q8 but I couldn't pass up the deal). All I did was run the audio from the headphone jack of my Firestudio into the mic in of the camera so that it gets the same audio that the console sees. This is literally the very first thing I plugged in and recorded, improvised a bit just to get a feel for how the tones translated. I'll post some more as I polish the process and detail whatever changes I make in the event it starts to sound good :-D

No betas for me. I'm right in the middle of recording an album and I can't risk potential bugs. I keep a USB drive with a backup velcro'ed to the inside of my rack just in case but inviting a higher than normal possibility for glitches just isn't something I'm on board with :-D

Ok, despite my resistance I went ahead and clicked the ol' update box. So far nothing at all has changed with what I currently use. Now I feel more comfortable. Maybe I'll find myself twiddling knobs (or parameters, as it is) like I did when my KPA was brand new to me :)

Hindsight being 20/20 you can bet your ass I'm going to make damn sure my backup is current if I decide to update the OS. As it sits right now I have the sounds I want, not any need to update it but I'm sure the tinker bug will bite eventually. Then I can go right back to my perfectly running current setup if it goes south.

That tone is actually really nice...

My Bogner lead tone is a lot like that, but whatever profile you're using (and we know some amps just won't have that tone, so there's that), neck pickup, roll the presence back, bump the mid a tick and judicious compression and you'll get there.

I will concede this, though. I was in the market for a hardtail 7 string, and it was going to be a multiscale if I was going to be buying one anyway. However, in a fortunate turn of events I will have a signature guitar coming out in April....NOT multiscale. The builder gave me 100% freedom to do anything I wanted, and we are doing a few unique things, but when there's going to be a guitar available that has my name on it, I opted for standard scale, for whatever that says.

IMO it's not worth having a multiscale six string. Ergonomically it's not any different. They're no more or less comfortable, just a matter of preference. String tension is higher to hit the same pitch on a longer scale, so the tension on the lower strings is higher. Some people like that. String separation is literally unchanged.

It's a neat feel, and they are certainly very trendy. I've played probably a dozen, and I enjoy them but I would not buy one just to have one. I sat down and played one at the Aristides booth at namm for a good hour and loved it....but not enough to throw down another $3800 on. They're neat, and get one if you want one, but there's no real tangible reason. It gets a little more noticeable on 7 and 8 (an more) string guitars, but it's still just a guitar :)

(and this is one of those subjects. Talk to 20 people, get 20 opinions. This is just mine)

I have the 1010 with the UNO chip and it works flawlessly. That said, all the uno chip does is configure the 1010 to play better with the kpa, doesn't make it do anything it doesn't already do.

On to answer your question: (1) it's simply *going* to sweep. That's what the effect is supposed to do. Mine does it just as fast as I can mash the pedal down. (2) the 1010 is a fantastic device for the price, but the expression pedals are not known for their stoic calibration. Try calibrating yours per THIS LINK and see how it fares. Then, go into the effect menu on the kpa itself and see if there is a pedal sensitivity parameter. I don't recall there being one and I'm not right near mine but something in there might help.

Honestly, sound, tone, and timbre have little to do with tapping. Watch Erich Mongrain or Andy McKee or Trace Bundy do it on acoustic guitars with more proficiency than most electric players!!

The technique of tapping itself is what perpetuates the sound. One of the drills I give my students is to tap various note combinations to a metronome.....UNPLUGGED. It forces them to learn how to articulate each note with absolute consistency, and leads to them being (much to their excitement) able to basically tap for infinite lengths of time. Follows the adage "learn to to it, then learn to do it well".