Posts by NotASpeckOfCereal

For posterity: there are lots of other kinds of name changes too, such as these two:

• AS - Bogus Golden Arm
    • AS Bogus Golden Arm

I won't list any more, you get the picture. But I'm hoping Kemper can see that my message is: please be more careful with managing content in the future to reduce the number of duplicates that happen with name changes. My Kemper is a mess right now, having nearly 600 rigs to go through to delete the several dozen (so far) dup entries.

Thanks for listening,
    Chris

FYI to all readers.

When you load the v5.5 Content Rigs, you will end up with a significant (annoying) amount of duplicate rigs, or near duplicate rigs.

For instance, you may have 2 rigs right next to each other with the exact same name, but there is a small difference.

• Example: "Twin 1 Clean": difference: one has the dual DLY LED lights lit (though the effect is off by default). I have run into several examples of this.

Another instance: you may have the exact same rig listed twice, but with different names

• Example: I was playing "Ton Ham AGS" on the Profiler, but found that it was not listed on the Kemper Factory Rigs list. So I searched and found that there is another rig named "RG - Ton Ham AGS". Apparently, Rod Gonzales (or Kemper) later decided that his rigs should have "RG" prefixed to the rig name, but if you import the new 5.5 rigs and have the old version installed, you will now have that dup. Probably the only way you will not have this happen with 5.5 content is if you buy a new Kemper with 5.5 content factory installed.

Note to Kemper: this is only a nuisance content bug, but it's a nuisance.

Chris

<crickets>

If this really isn't a place to report issues / bugs with the profiler, can someone point me to Kemper's official issue tracking methods?

If my steps are too detailed, just try this:

• Take a Profiler older than v5.5
    • Upgrade the OS to v5.5
    • Import 5.5 rig content
    • Browse 'Last Imported' with power downs and ups to see the errant behavior with browsing in order

Or if this was ignored because it's a well known issue, please say so.

Thanks, Chris

Apologies if this is a repeat: I don't see a forum search functionality and browsing the thread titles in this forum area, first page only, I didn't see it mentioned.

In a certain condition just after start up, when I browse RIGS using the Left / Right buttons of the Rig Navigation Cross, while in the 'Last Imported' view, it jumps to a rig WAY far away from where I was.

PREFACE / SCENARIO:
    Recently purchased Profiler Rack (don't recall the OS it shipped with, but it was lower than 5.5)
    Updated to OS 5.5
    Device works fine.
    Found out about 5.5 Content (rigs and cabs) that didn't come with the OS update, so I loaded all of those via the USB import
    Changed the view to browse "Last Imported"

A) NORMAL OPERATION STEPS

• Browse to "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2"
    • If I press the LEFT button of the Rig Navigation Cross, I go to the prior rig in the list: "TAF - High Watt WL+"
    • If I then press the RIGHT button, I of course go right back to "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2"
    • If I press the RIGHT button again, I go to "TAF - Mars 800 Cr 2" and back to "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2" if I press the LEFT button again, all as expected

B) PROBLEM REPRO STEPS 1

• Be sure your RIG is "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2" or browse to that rig
    • Turn the Profiler off, letting it fully power down
    • Turn the Profiler on to Browse mode and let it load to where you can see the rig "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2" in the display
    • Press the LEFT button of the Rig Navigation Cross

• RESULT:: it goes to "MB - Dr. X Crash 2 3" (several dozen scores of rigs away).

• A RIGHT button press does NOT take you back to rig "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2" , but instead selects the next RIG in the list, which for me is "MB - Dumb ODS FB3"
    • EXPECT: to go to the rig named "TAF - High Watt WL+" as in step A-2 above

C) PROBLEM REPRO STEPS 2

• Be sure your RIG is "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2" or browse to that rig
    • Turn the Profiler off, letting it fully power down
    • Turn the Profiler on to Browse mode and let it load to where you can see the rig "TAF - Mars 800 Bst 2" in the display
    • Press the RIGHT button of the Rig Navigation Cross

• RESULT:: it goes to "MB - Fried Man 4" (several dozen scores of rigs away).
    • EXPECT: to go to the rig named "TAF - Mars 800 Cr 2" as in step A-4 above

Let me know if you need more info.
    Chris

Thanks. There's also a considerably larger number of rigs in that 5,5 content.

Also, thanks for the heads up about the RIGS being the main unit of measure. I'm used to so many other devices using 'Presets' as the main instrument browsing entity, which is why I thought the Kemper Preset number low. I can adjust, of course.

Hey all, complete newbie question.

I'm still learning the unit. I find myself surprised whenever I enter the AMP or CAB area of the STACK and browse presets in the "Presets" mode, not the "From Rigs" mode, to find that there's only 8 presets in my still-factory unit (bought new).

Is that right? Because 8 factory AMP and CAB presets seems really low -- have I somehow fouled this unit up?

Of course I see many more when I browse "From Rigs".

Just checkin', y'all.
    Speck

I can't comment on comparing the KP to the FX as I've not tried the later.

I'm just here to say that was quite surprised to hear someone say that they thought these were used "exclusively in a live setting". It had always that of this as mostly a studio tool.

I know guitarists in working bands that have both, but leave them in the studio for recording and still bring their traditional rig for live gigs.

However, when I researched the KP deeper for my recent purchase of one, I was exposed to lots of testimonials of people using them (amp version or not) in live settings and thought "huh, why not".

But exclusively for live? As in not using it in the studio? I don't get that.

Chris

Burkhard, understood about the legalities. And thanks much for the link to the reference list -- it's enough for me to just have a shortcut on my desktop to refer to if I have a question.

Personally, I prefer Mars to Marsha -- I would rather thing of Planet Plexi than The Brady Bunch!

Cheers, Chris

Hey all, first post here and a brand spanking new KP owner, still wet behind the ears.

I'm working through factory presets and am reading the Basics manual as I go, Main Reference and Profiling Guide to come later.

As I'm scrolling through the rigs and look at the stack params, the Amp and Cab, I try to figure out what the source is by looking at the name. Some are obvious (Oranj, Twin), others I've figured out over a bit of time (I slapped my forehead when I finally realized what MeBo represented). But others are completely stumping me.

Question: is there a reference anywhere for what amps and cabs these coded names refer to? (I'm guessing they don't just say the actual brand name for legal reasons.)

Soon will be the profiling, but baby steps... BABY STEPS.

Woof.