Posts by FarleyUK

that isn’t good...are you saying things are changing on their own while switched on or when you turn off and back on?

Yep.

I know it sounds ridiculous - but it's the honest truth.

Saved slots 18 and 19 last night, called 'NO ONE KNOWS' and 'AUDITION', respectively. Flicked between the two to practice, all was fine. Turned the Kemper off.

Started the Kemper this morning, and slots 18 & 19 were both called 'NO ONE KNOWS', with the exact same rigs, sounds etc. FLicked between them several times as I couldn't believe it and - quite frankly - I was super p*ssed off.

Went away for about 5 - 10 minutes, came back, and slot 19 was now called 'AUDITION' again....!

Hi all,

Upgraded my un-powered head to OS 7.1.2 public, along with RM etc.

However, I have had nothing but problems when using RM with it now. Just a sample of issues I've encountered:

1. When you copy and paste a performance, you can’t rename it without clicking on other performances multiple times and coming back

2. Created two new performances in 18 & 19. Saved as two different names last night. Loaded Kemper this morning, and both slots had the name and profiles from slot 18. However, after leaving the Kemper for 10 mins, slot 19 reverted back to the saved settings without me doing anything

3. Selecting performance slots in other performances selects the slot you’re currently in, for the performance displayed on the Kemper

I'm normally a huge advocate of Kemper, but this is making it very difficult to use. I went to rehearsal last night, and several performances had been over-written by the issue in number 2 above, and didn't revert back.

Just turned on the Kemper after saving and creating two new performances last night - and it's duplicated one over the top of the other. It did it yesterday as well.

This release seems to be full of issues - never had these issues on 6.0.0. Incredibly frustrating.

EDIT: I left the Kemper alone for 5 minutes - came back, and the performance slot had changed back to what I'd originally saved it as....! It showed both slots originally as the same names, same profiles etc. (slots 18 & 19). Went away, came back, and slot 19 had changed to the original saved performance from last night.... very very weird.

And another issue in RM - when you copy a performance and double click to load a slot, it loads that number slot in the previous performance.

Have to say, I've never had quite so many issues just trying to get things to work...!

Cannot rename a performance if you copy a paste an existing performance.

Very annoying; copied and pasted a performance slot to an empty slot, went to rename it, but it just removes whatever I type in.

It's not going to be the editor. Well, not the release of it, anyway. It's an 'announcement' at 8pm - so probably an announcement that they've cancelled the release due to complications with OS7 or something...

Hi all,

Bit of a strange question, so bare with me...

I've noticed that when I play chords, they sound great - thick, full and lots of body. However, when I play single notes, they can sound a bit weedy, and there's not much sustain; I'm wondering if it's a guitar issue or a Kemper issue.

What should I be checking on my Kemper to make sure I'm getting the correct input levels etc. to ensure I get decent signal? I've tried this with both a cable and also a Shure GLX wireless system.

I think the Kemper crew are nearly there - it's just the voice recognition algorithm they're tweaking.

Apparently, during beta testing Ingolf said quite clearly "Make me sound like XTC"; however, the result was more Scorpions than Swindon's finest.

I'm sure they'll get it sorted in no time at all . . . if not, then I guess Ingolf will just need to invest in some ice wash denim and leather.

It's late because they're only making plans for Nigel.

Morning all,

I'm auditioning for a new band, and the rhythm player is using a Helix. He mentioned that they play each song in the tuning on the record, and he has a performance slot for each song. So most things are standard E tuning, some might be Eb tuning, and there's one in C# tuning.

What I'm thinking is that I would do the same on the Kemper, and use the rig option to detune the entire chain (apologies, I cannot remember the exact name of the function).... but I'm a bit wary that it can sound 'warbly'; is there a better way to manage this (aside form having one guitar for each tuning!)?

Thanks!

Drag and drop doesn’t work because the Profiler wouldn’t know the location you want to drop the performance in.

Do the copy & paste instead. Paste to the desired location on the Profiler.

Tanks - I ended up having to preview each performance and then pressing 'Store' on the Kemper.... took bloody ages.