Posts by FarleyUK

Today is the last day of Q3 so as there were not new official information since the "Q3" we will have it today !!!

And that really concerns me; if it IS today, I have a horrible feeling it's going to have been rushed and will be buggy just so they can hit the 'end of September' deadline. I hope not, but we'll see...!

I feel your pain, and please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are a gigging musician that is playing for pay, then I wouldn't risk using beta versions (at least not for a gig). Beta is just that, it's not certified and Kemper is openly saying that they make no guarantees about it's stability. If you choose to use it during a paying gig and encounter a problem, then don't blame Kemper because you assumed the risk when you installed it.

My suggestion is, in the future, just be patient and stick to the certified OS versions to avoid this problem from recurring.

I read it as he updated to the new stable release, not a beta.....

This is the primary reason an editor is essential for me. I literally have no where to situate the Kemper within arms reach, and having to walk over to it every time I need to tweak the thing is completely impractical.

Plus, as good as ToastME is - you cannot save a preset / performance / slot on it. You have to save it manually on the Kemper.

I own both and disagree. Do you (or have you) own(ed) any of the Axe-Fx models? I own the Kemper and have owned the Axe-Fx II(and now the III). I've personally posted numerous blind tests in which I captured the cab section of the Kemper using the Axe-Fx's built-in IR capture utility and compared Axe-Fx amp models to their Kemper profile equivalents using the same cab and the results were made to sound identical. In fact, in some cases I preferred the Axe-Fx II amp models specifically because they didn't exhibit any of the high end raspiness inherent in some Kemper profiles, though one of the advantages of owning a Kemper vs. Axe-Fx (aside from the ability to profile real amps) is having access to amps that aren't otherwise modeled in the Axe-Fx, though the Axe-Fx's Tone Matching feature often does an excellent job of replicating many of them.

I have owned a Helix, AX8 and the Kemper. Not only does the Kemper sound better than the others, it also FEELS better; it's a lot more responsive and rich with it's harmonics (IMO).

To each their own though. I was thinking of getting an FX3, but then remembered how vile and caustic the official forums are, as well as Cliff's questionable business ethics.

Anyway, back on track - I'm assuming there's no editor today :(

I met him too, a couple of years back. Super cool guy! Amazing guitar player. He told me back then that he liked the Kemper, but didn't like playing it at gigs, as the Remote was way too small for his massive feet and he kept stomping on the wrong switches. Oh well.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's a lame excuse - I use the remote, and as you can see in the pics, I'm bigger than he is ;)

I thought he was quoted as saying he had profiled his whole amp collection after being so impressed. I guess musicians are constantly changing their minds of gear:-)

Exactly - that's what made me ask him how he found it.

For anyone interested - he goes into a clean-ish JMP with 4 (!!!!) OD pedals, including a prototype JHS pedal. He typically only has one or two on at a time.

...yep. That'll be me and Paul Gilbert.

Attended his gig in Reading, UK, and I was the only VIP - so I basically spent 2 hours with him at soundcheck, and got a 30 minute lesson from him. Very, very nice bloke! However, when I asked him about the Kemper, his face kind of creased up.... turns out he's not a huge fan after all as he's not into technology and prefers using his amps direct.

And my word, the guy can play the guitar!

This thread is like the new Fractal FM3 pedal thread over at the Fractal forum. It’s been delayed a few months and people are going nuts wanting an update every few minutes...

Kemper are nothing like the owners of Fractal (thankfully!).

Had a gig last night in front of around 800 people, headlining a local brewery member's night. The loan Kemper (mine is away getting repaired) sounded superb! It's the first time I've left the sound to a sound technician, and he was amazed at how good it sounded out front. Was also a lot easier for me as I didn't have to keep messing around with the PA details on the fly ;)

He also was very appreciative of the fact he could just give me two cables, and hey presto, there's the guitar [Blocked Image: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/plugins/EmojiExtender/emoji/fb/1.gif]

Again, massive thanks to Andertons for getting me a loan unit while mine is repaired.

One thing I noticed though.... I'm running stereo, and it seemed the FX were not panning. He had the L&R XLRs panned hard left and hard right.... did I miss something?