Posts by FarleyUK

I use multiple performances and rigs when live - my trick to get them all around the same level (volume wise) is to do the following:

1. Connect via SPDIF to an audio interface

2. Load up Reaper

3. Use a plugin that looks at the real-time loudness via a loudness meter (I use Ozone)

4. Record a riff with the looper (I use the opening riff from Stiff Competition by Cheap Trick)

5. Normalise the rig volumes by checking the loudness meter for each rig (you'll need to reset the graph to double-check)

Seems to work well for me!

I just found an old video of me playing through an AFD100 Marshall I used to own... and it sounded bloody gorgeous!

Does anyone know of a good AFD100 profile that is very good? I've got the TopJimi ones, but they don't sound like it TBH (which is a shame, as I'm a massive fan of most of his stuff).

Thanks!

Wow - hugely impressed with Andertons!

I purchased it August 2018, and explained the situation to them; they're collecting it tomorrow and sending a loan unit! Legends :)

Uh Oh...

I just turned my head on, and got an error message of 'Flash Failure'. Still on OS6, wasn't updating or anything.

At the gig last Friday, it actually froze when booting as well, while I think about it.

I've just restarted it, and it seems OK, but I'm very concerned - anyone else have this issue before? I've opened a ticket, but I have 3 gigs coming up this weekend....

I guess since its still "beta" I cant expect much in the way of smooth and easy? I want to try it but a bit "gun-shy" yet.

To those who are running the latest beta for a non-powered non-Stage KPA, is there any reason NOT to update in your opinion?

I have the same setup, updated to 7... and then rolled back to 6.

Just far too many bugs and issues in the current beta IMO, especially if you're playing it live.

Yes, using USB stick. Download 6.0 from kemper's download page, put it on stick and insert into memory kemper.

Great, thank you!

So I have to re-install the previous RM version as well I'm assuming? I can't downgrade it to the previous version and keep my rigs etc.?

Interesting; I've always had to use the Talkbox (Dunlop) in the monitor output, as I'm the only guitarist; if I engage the Talkbox to stop the sound from teh Kemper, the sound goes very 'empty'. I found that if you have the Talkbox and Kemper output together, it sounds a lot fatter.

This thread has made me think about changing this though, so that the output of the Kemper is reduced when the Talkbox is engaged.

Hi all,

I'm the only guitarist in my rock covers band, and I always have a hard time dialling in decent settings for delay and reverb - both when playing rhythm and when going into lead. I'm trying to help fill the sound a bit, but not make it over-powering.

Currently, I have the Delay and Reverb setting in the RIG menu at about +40%, and use the Easy Reverb (at pretty much default settings), at about 14% mix when doing rhythm. This then increases to about 20% when going into solo mode.

Delay wise, I'm using dual delay set to 1/8 dot and 1/4, feedback at about 20% and mix at around 15% when playing rhythm - this changes to around 40% feedback and 40% mix when playing lead.

However, things still sound a bit sterile - so I'd really appreciate any advice, or settings you guys use :)

This is going direct into 2 x RedSound cabs used in stereo as a backline.

Thanks!

I have ignored Kemper for years. I have been a Fractal user since the Standard first came out, then upgraded to Axe Fx II. Fractal is a very good sounding multi effects unit in my opinion. But I always find myself tweaking the unit instead of focusing on my playing.

I got the kemper 5 days ago and all i can say is man! Wow! I’m never going back. I always buy and sell gears that I don’t use or like anymore . But I can definitely say that Kemper is gonna stick with me forever. Thanks Kemper!

Welcome! I took exactly the same path, for exactly the same reasons; my AX8 sounded great.... WHEN I was playing it, and not fiddling with it. It was getting ridiculous - certainly spent more time fiddling and twiddling knobs than I did playing the bloody thing.

Still fiddle with the Kemper, but I'm playing more - and crucially, I'm enjoying it more.