Posts by FarleyUK

Incidentally - just had a lunchtime jam, and after going through many different profiles, I came back to the TopJimi Caswell Modded High profile. Loaded it from scratch, reduced the presence, increased mids and treble slightly, and then adjusted the CAB character to +2.5 and the HI setting in the cab to around +0.4.... osaunded like a VERY convincing UYI tone.

If you have that pack, try it!

This was with Slash Alnico 2 Pros as well.

Oh, and regarding that clip you posted. Ok sounds great, but not to forget, that's one heavily post processed track!

Yeah - I'm always highly dubious of clips from people / companies where they're trying to sell you the profile etc. They will never actually sound like they do in the clips they provide, unsurprisingly...!

After trying various combinations, placements and settings, I've decided it isn't for me. Sucks a lot of the bottom end from the tone and adds a touch more shrillness to it.

Tried it in stereo loop before and after eq, and after the output.

Shame, but there you go.

So if anyone wants an as-new TC Mimiq in the UK for £60 with postage, let me know!

this is the ultimate gnr sound to strive for

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We all want it and have to help each other, so go on and lets work together to get them?

That's on a Fractal, so should be possible.... No idea how though!

Cheers - think it was just the naming that was confusing me! Looking up the sku on the invoice I've got, it goes TO the HX Stomp, so think I'm good...!

Just took the plunge and ordered a Helix HX, mainly as a backup rig in case the Kemper goes down.

I was an original Helix user on day of release, so will be interested to see how different everything is now, especially after all the updates.

I recall that nothing had the same feel or response as the Kemper, but it'll be interesting doing a direct comparison!

Planning on using the HX as a practice tool when I travel for work as well - the Kemper is a bit too big to lug around..

Hmmm, ok thanks. One thing I've noticed if I have both outputs into the Mimiq is the dual delays sound a lot better than if the Mimiq is in the stereo loop in the X slot.

From that article, it looks like it's in the loop though.

Do you mean Stereo Main Out L+R into Mimiq, then Mimiq stereo outs to cabs?

Just tried it after the output - seems to be a bit better to my ears. No idea of the 'best' settings for the Mimiq in that situation though - still running 1 dub, 9 o'clock on tightness and have the EFFECT and DRY knobs full on.

i would suggest you set the mimiq on position 1. In this case you get the direct signal hard panned on one side, and a 'mimiqed' signal on the other. In this setting you don't have any phase cancellation before the speaker and therefore sounds best to my ears. With the mimiq in setting 2,3 or 4 you have more change on phase cancellation. Also keep the tightness low, with higher setting you can get some warbling effects. For live playing it is a superb double tracking device imho

Thanks - yep, I always have it set in 1 dub position.

Yes, but when you connect both your RedSound cabs, is the monitor out set to Master L and the direct out to Master R?

Or if you connect them to the Main Outputs are the they set to Master stereo?

Yep, the main outputs (I use the XLR outs) are set to Master Stereo.

Tried the Mimiq with my two new RedSound LG12 cabs - and was very disappointed. It seems the Mimiq drastically affects the tone, by taking away a lot of the body and low end / warmth from it.

Has anyone else found that?