Posts by FarleyUK

Huge shoutout to Jimi about these profiles; I've had my Kemper about 6 months now, and have played over 20 gigs. I've purchased over 40 different packs from various sellers, including many 'big names' people rave about on here - but I keep coming back to the TopJimi Caswell AFD v30 HIGH profile.

Absolutely amazing tone and feel - proper hot-rodded Marshall sound, and it just sounds so much more life-like and 3D compared to pretty much any other profile I've tried. Also fits very very well in the mix!

If you've not tried them, give it a go - highly, highly recommended.

Using two of these in a stereo setup with the band (as backline - one either side of the drummer), and it sounds fantastic. Really fantastic speakers for the money.

I'd highly recommend them!

That.... actually looks pretty cool!

However, I really can't stand the Fractal business process and attitude, so I'm really not keen on getting one personally. Great idea though.

(Now just wait for the 'jump the queue' offers of pre-order preference if you pay an extra £100).

Hi all,

Yep, it's THAT question I'm afraid.....!

What profiles are you all using - or have discovered - that get close to the Slash tone on both the AFD album AND the later UYI / Slash's Snakepit solo stuff? I've been using the Caswell modded Marshalls from TopJimi, but pretty sure there must be other profiles that can get that tone.

Thanks!

Bit of a weird question.... but is it possible to take both L and R outputs from the Kemper and plug them both into the 2 inputs on a Headrush FrFr speaker...? Would it cause any issues?

I'm running stereo normally, so realise the delays and stereo FX will sound weird, but beyond that, is it likely to damage anything?

I know there have been a couple of threads around 'ideal' solo settings, but thought it might be useful to have a single thread where we can all pitch in with the settings we use or change when we go into full-on Guitar God mode (i.e. engage a solo).

Personally, I use pretty much the same settings across the board regardless of the profile:

X-Slot - Studio EQ (Low Gain -1 dB, Low Freq 150Hz, High Gain -1dB, High Freq 6490Hz, Mid2 Gain -3dB, Mid2 Freq 3480 Hz, Low Cut 90Hz, Hi Cut 7150Hz, Volume +2dB)

MOD slot - Micro Pitch (Detune 3.5, Crossover 750Hz, Mix 30%)

DLY Slot - Dual Delay (Mix 42%, Value 1 1/4, Value 2 1/8 dot, Feedback 40%, Low Cut 200Hz, Hi Cut 3200Hz, Stereo 200%, Ducking +0.2)

REV slot - Easy Reverb (Mix 30%)

All other settings for these slots are default.

Rigs set to 30% DLY+REV Routing.

Running STEREO into 2 x Headrush 112 FrFr speakers, using 5.7.5 Beta.

Hi! Has anyone ever tried an upgraded power cord on kemper unit? Does it make any difference? Recently a local shop is selling me a HIFI grade power cord with good price. Thanks !!

Was it on sale for one day only on the 1st April, by any chance...?

You can decide, which outputs you want to link to Master Volume and which outputs you don't want to link and run at a constant level. You can unlink MAIN OUTPUT for FOH and link MONITOR OUTPUT for your monitoring on stage. If you pair MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT ("Monitor Stereo"), any settings for the MONITOR OUTPUT affect the DIRECT OUTPUT as well - including the link to Master Volume.

If you are monitoring in mono or stereo and if you are feeding FOH mono or stereo are also completely independent decisions. You can select the Output Source of the MAIN OUTPUT independent of the MONITOR OUTPUT (potentially paired with DIRECT OUTPUT).

In that particular issue situation I have disconnected FOH from that XLR output and connect the Headrush to that XLR output. Any issue? If not, FOH problem. I would for example check, if the mixing desk is sending phantom power, which should never be the case. Perhaps that is hammering down the output amplifiers of the PROFILER.

Cheers - I didn't have my Headrush speakers with me last night to test, but if I'm asked back I'll just use the FrFr speakers as a backline I think - will make things easier for all involved!

Hi mate,

I used the main outs to my 'backline' of the 2 Headrush speakers as I can then use the output volume knob to change the levels easily. I use the direct out and monitor out to the desk as I lock the output level for these. I don't go through the PA, it's only a feed to allow the guitar to be heard in our in ears from the mixer.

Last night, I didn't use any backline - it was going direct to FoH, so I switched it to master mono and took the left XLR feed. No other outputs were used.

If using the two Headrush speakers in a mono output situation - am I right in saying I can just use the two XLR outs from the kemper into each of them, and it'll still be mono (just 2 x mono signals)?

Hi all,

I usually play in stereo with my main band (main XLR outs to 2 x Headrush 112" speakers as backline with the send and return loop as stereo sends to the PA). I auditioned with a different band last night, and the soundguy asked for a mono output to the PA, so I changed the OUTPUT settings so master out was just master mono, and gave him the left XLR out.

However, this led to some weird stuff going on, such as the sound cutting out like there was a hard gate effect in place. He was adamant it wasn't anything his end, and I was sure it wasn't anything on the Kemper. Has anyone else encountered anything like this? I'd hit a distorted chord, and as it faded out it would suddenly disappear. Playing clean stuff was a nightmare as it just came in and out all the time.

And as a related question - what's the best way to go from playing stereo to playing mono? Is it literally just to change the master outs to master mono from master stereo?

Thanks - wasn't sure if it could be done just by utilising the.... er....... hang on, I've forgotten the parameter name.... think it might be balance?.... in the reverb/delay mix option. I understood that a value of -100 there was the delay and reverb on parallel paths, and +100 was fully serial.

Just clutching at ideas....!

Hi all,

Might be an odd question - but when using two speakers (or stereo headphones), is there a way to set the path in the Kemper for the FX so that it can emulate a wet/dry/wet setup? By that, I mean full wet FX on hard left and right, and dry guitar (after the cab and amp) in the center...?

Cheers!

I just upgraded the pups in both my Les Pauls - I'm running a set of Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells in one (fairly hot), and some Bare Knuckle Mules (PAF style) in the other. Reduced the clean sens to 0, and not getting a red light now, no matter how hard I thrash away (giggidy).

Use 10-52 strings on both guitars, about 3mm from the bridge on both.